• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio has a massive problem with Gerrymandering, and has for a long time. In 2020 their own Supreme Court, which is 4-3 Conservative said the maps are unconstitutional and couldn't be used. Republicans just ran the clock out and refused to draw new ones, so the election went ahead with really pathetic maps.

Roughly 55% of Ohio voted for the Republican candidates for Senator and President. Yet, the representatives we sent to Congress were 75% Republicans, thanks to the maps. 15 Districts, 10 Republicans. If we sent a true representation (8R, 7D), the US house would have almost flipped. Combined with NC fixing their similar mess, it would have flipped the house.

So 730,000 some Ohioans signed a petition to get an end to Gerrymandering on the 2024 General Election (Not like when they tried to sneak the abortion amendment into a mid cycle election). The Ohio GOP could not ignore it, and agreed to put it on. Then they had an idea - "what if we right it to make it look like voting yes is REQUIRING the state to be Gerrymandered?". And the same Supreme Court that tried to to stop it was "All good here".

There's enough people on the end gerrymandering train that will not be fooled, so I hope it's the people out in the sticks that want Gym Jordan to continue in Congress who get confused and also vote yes.

Just would be nice if Kamala and Tim would swing through here on their way to Michigan to explain it and release some bucks for billboards and tv ads during football games.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She really tried.....and how she enunciates Tongue makes me wonder if there was some Freudian influence in there.

:L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue who this misogynistic d-bag was until this tweet, but he definitely needs the shovel to the face.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a spin job like no other.

was going to point this out but someone beat me to it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know 99% of MAGA's wouldn't know this was Reagan's speech. I would love for ANY democrat to read this verbatim today and see the reaction all Trump supporters would give.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad reporter who completely botched that question. The Fed cutting the interest rate is not going to "alleviate inflation for a lot of people" as she stated. It's the opposite.

Interest rates were previously RAISED to slow inflation. The Fed cutting the rate is a sign that inflation is under control because the economy is like steering a boat - you need to take corrective actions before you pass a certain point or it will be too late. So the reporter is wrong in her question, but the crowd booing good economic news is stupid. I don't care who the president is, I want our country to do well and don't want people to suffer. I don't care what my opinion on economic matters is if me being wrong means things will get better.

But this is typical of voters - the economy has an incredibly outsized role in how voters react and think. Either party's president does not have a huge amount of control of the economy. They can manage certain aspects and generally gains have some kind of correlative consequence.

The fact is that Americans could manage THEIR economic lives better. Higher grocery prices suck for everyone, but you can afford them if you are buying a used, economical Toyota instead of leasing a BMW SUV. We make a LOT of bad choices. We don't manage our money well and bumps in the road ALWAYS happen so our constant state of crisis for the richest county in the world is nothing short of pathetic and our own fault. I feel for the working poor pinched by things like health care and housing costs and fully support measures to assist these people, but the people in that position have frequently voted against this kind of support. However, the middle class spends their way into problems they shouldn't have and I'm not going to cheer or blame either President for problems entirely within my control.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cancelled the 2 billion Green Line LRT in Calgary, health care and education is in shambles, but no, you didn't create these problems...

she is on my "I hate them" list

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next door in Saskatchewan, things are even worse if you can believe it.
yeah. I have a good friend living there and he updates regularly. soon we will have that running our country. but hopefully as a minority government