• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot express how weird it is to me to see Michael Steele evolve into the voice of reason.

A sure sign of just how far that side of the aisle has fallen.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0g0dlzzx3snd1.jpeg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Ummm I can see it now the next complaint about her.

Said former staffer: "I would send her instant messages just saying 'good morning' or 'hello' without any context"
Question from reporter: "Did she respond?"
Said former staffer: "No"

Reporter instead of pressing the staffer as to why they never gave context, nor even made an attempt to share context will just take this at face value.

NOTE: I don't respond to these message at work either because I am not engaging in a conversation without understanding the context. Always opens up a can of worms.

Last edited:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I dont think this would be a complaint if a male candidate was doing the same thing. To me it reads as if someone is bent out of shape that a woman was questioning them

That could certainly be part of it, but don't discount the possibility that some people are quite lazy and try to get by doing minimal work. One way to discover this is by asking them questions.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could certainly be part of it, but don't discount the possibility that some people are quite lazy and try to get by doing minimal work. One way to discover this is by asking them questions.
i was thinking that as well. people tend to get offended when questions are asked about.... well questions. generally means they did not prepare/study/research enough and are looking for someone to do it for them.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i was thinking that as well. people tend to get offended when questions are asked about.... well questions. generally means they did not prepare/study/research enough and are looking for someone to do it for them.
Maybe I am wrong, hopefully I am.
I am just old enough to have known numerous people whose workplaces-workplace management were almost exclusively white males. Then as times changed and their workplace demographics changed - they most certainly took issue with women or minorities questioning or commenting on their work. The comments I have been reading for a week just sound a lot like those.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am wrong, hopefully I am.
I am just old enough to have known numerous people whose workplaces-workplace management were almost exclusively white males. Then as times changed and their workplace demographics changed - they most certainly took issue with women or minorities questioning or commenting on their work. The comments I have been reading for a week just sound a lot like those.

Just from my own personal work experience now approaching 40 years (my god, I'm old lol), the majority of team leads and managers that I have reported to have been women and as long as you've providing the information and details they need, there are usually no issues. Some people have approached me and asked me "How do you manage to get along so well with her" and my answer usually is "Just try to be succinct and give her the details that she needs and if she wants more information, she will certainly ask a follow-up question". Attitude (having a positive one) is key

I think it all starts with things like trust and respect and once that has been lost, it's tough if not impossible to regain. My last team lead (which was a guy) was a person who I quickly lost respect for and even when I provided him with the details he wanted, they were quickly dismissed. He didn't even have the decency to thank me for 10 years of what I think was pretty good service on my last day of work. It all turned out for the best though as I ended up with a great job that I hope to keep until I retire.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from my own personal work experience now approaching 40 years (my god, I'm old lol), the majority of team leads and managers that I have reported to have been women and as long as you've providing the information and details they need, there are usually no issues. Some people have approached me and asked me "How do you manage to get along so well with her" and my answer usually is "Just try to be succinct and give her the details that she needs and if she wants more information, she will certainly ask a follow-up question". Attitude (having a positive one) is key

I think it all starts with things like trust and respect and once that has been lost, it's tough if not impossible to regain. My last team lead (which was a guy) was a person who I quickly lost respect for and even when I provided him with the details he wanted, they were quickly dismissed. He didn't even have the decency to thank me for 10 years of what I think was pretty good service on my last day of work. It all turned out for the best though as I ended up with a great job that I hope to keep until I retire.
The majority of my supervisors have been women too. I've never had any issues either. It's probably my can do -positive attitude.

Basically just track their cycles and know when to call in sick a couple times a month, and all is well.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of my supervisors have been women too. I've never had any issues either. It's probably my can do -positive attitude.

Basically just track their cycles and know when to call in sick a couple times a month, and all is well.

That's the best thing I'm going to read all day.