• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked McCarthy and while I would have preferred at least talking to Martindale and Riley I'm good with this hire. I hope he brings in a new DC and we overhaul the schemes on both sides of the ball.

My favorite quote that I read from McCarthy was him saying 'he got away from motion and using multiple sets and it cost him and he won't do that again'.
I have no problem with hire.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding me? McCarthy is hardly any better than Garrett. They both run bullshit schemes that don't scheme WRs open.
You are having a rough time. LOL Inhale..Exhale

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding me? McCarthy is hardly any better than Garrett. They both run bullshit schemes that don't scheme WRs open.
You really are a dumbass. McCarthy is the best coach available and has a Super Bowl Ring. Garrett never even sniffed a Super Bowl.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a boring, non threatening hire, I don't love it. The DC we bring in will need to be a homerun pick.
I'm excited about this hire. McCarthy has a solid coaching record.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers said McCarthy was the dumbest coach he's ever had. Would frequently have the Packers in the wrong sets and plays rarely worked in practice. Rodgers bailed him out for years. This dude sucks. I rather we had kept Garrett. But as usual, I'm gonna defend the flag and hope for the best anyway.
You don't know squat and your comments prove it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a boring, non threatening hire, I don't love it. The DC we bring in will need to be a homerun pick.
Well, I read that Mike Nolan is a candidate for DC. That would be more like a broken bat bunt caught by the pitcher.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got to bring in a DC coordinator that can shut down offenses. Preferably a young guy or older guy that has coached up defenses

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still at wait & see on HC, but I am glad we have moved on from JG.
Also like the fact that McCarthy Studied newer age offenses during his hiatus.
I do hope he clicks with Kellen Moore & we keep the new blood in the mix, assuming they get along, but it has to be because McCarthy wants to keep him, not Jones wanting to keep him. If mcCarthy has other ideas he needs to be able to make that decision himself. However if that ends up being the case. I can see Moore moving on learning & growing & becoming a badass OC down the road that ends up biting us in the ass. So I hope Mike keeps him so I dont have to worry about that LOL

Dont know enough about Nolan as a DC to comment to much. What I do know is Marinelli & Richard has to go. That combo didnt work at all.

So even though I stand here with plenty of questions. it is refreshing to see us get a fresh start with whatever coaching decisions come up.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like the hire. McCarthy will be decent I’m sure.
But NO HC that has won a SuperBowl has ever won it with another team!
Can this be the exception ? History says no but we get to watch wait and see. I do hope they bring in a DC that can fix the issues with no turnovers and being gashed up the middle over and over.
I wish Mike well and hope he wins it all for us but I honestly think that this hire feels hurried.
We’re better options available I don’t know but it does not look like Jerry even looked around.
JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers said McCarthy was the dumbest coach he's ever had. Would frequently have the Packers in the wrong sets and plays rarely worked in practice. Rodgers bailed him out for years. This dude sucks. I rather we had kept Garrett. But as usual, I'm gonna defend the flag and hope for the best anyway.
I never heard that. If true that is a bad comment to hear.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t love it... don’t hate it either.

But after 8 years of the process I’m ready for a different voice in the room. I’m more than willing to give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt. And as far as his interaction with QB1, I like the fact that a massive ego isn’t part of the equation.

Moving forward...

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still at wait & see on HC, but I am glad we have moved on from JG.
Also like the fact that McCarthy Studied newer age offenses during his hiatus.
I do hope he clicks with Kellen Moore & we keep the new blood in the mix, assuming they get along, but it has to be because McCarthy wants to keep him, not Jones wanting to keep him. If mcCarthy has other ideas he needs to be able to make that decision himself. However if that ends up being the case. I can see Moore moving on learning & growing & becoming a badass OC down the road that ends up biting us in the ass. So I hope Mike keeps him so I dont have to worry about that LOL

Dont know enough about Nolan as a DC to comment to much. What I do know is Marinelli & Richard has to go. That combo didnt work at all.

So even though I stand here with plenty of questions. it is refreshing to see us get a fresh start with whatever coaching decisions come up.
Nolan's defense in New Orleans ranked 11th out of 32 teams.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan's defense in New Orleans ranked 11th out of 32 teams.
And so many variables. Personal and experience can make or break a coach. I'm all for giving the new staff time to see what they have to work with.

Reactions: GNG