• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett is a class act with empathy for his fellow man. I never doubted him as a decent person. It's unfortunate that he was released but the NFL is a dog eat dog league.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.

Has Garrett been officially fired or is he in limbo until January 14th. I have still not seen an official team release that he's been fired, just media reports saying it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.

Has Garrett been officially fired or is he in limbo until January 14th. I have still not seen an official team release that he's been fired, just media reports saying it.
He is on a paid vacation.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.

The Cowboys announced yesterday that he’s been let go. It was right after the Saints game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys announced yesterday that he’s been let go. It was right after the Saints game.

I'm not so sure about that.

From DallasCowboys.Com
Sunday, Jan 05, 2020 05:45 PM
Cowboys Part Ways With Jason Garrett

David Helman
DALLASCOWBOYS.COM STAFF WRITER

FRISCO, Texas – It was a winding road that took a week to reach its conclusion, but the Cowboys have officially opted to part ways with Jason Garrett.

News came down on Sunday afternoon, as reports surfaced during the Eagles-Seahawks wildcard game that the Cowboys had ended Garrett’s nine-year tenure as their head coach.

Team owner/general manager Jerry Jones confirmed the news in an official statement.

“We are extremely grateful to Jason Garrett for his more than 20 years of service to the Dallas Cowboys as a player, assistant coach and head coach,” Jones said. “His level of commitment, character and dedication to this organization has been outstanding at every stage of his career.”

Notice even here Jerry did not say he's FIRED. It looks like he's still part of the organization at least until January 14.

Only thing confirmed is Garrett won't be HC next season. Of course he might just try to hang out next to McCarthy and pretend he's the HC.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that.

From DallasCowboys.Com
Sunday, Jan 05, 2020 05:45 PM
Cowboys Part Ways With Jason Garrett

David Helman
DALLASCOWBOYS.COM STAFF WRITER

FRISCO, Texas – It was a winding road that took a week to reach its conclusion, but the Cowboys have officially opted to part ways with Jason Garrett.

News came down on Sunday afternoon, as reports surfaced during the Eagles-Seahawks wildcard game that the Cowboys had ended Garrett’s nine-year tenure as their head coach.

Team owner/general manager Jerry Jones confirmed the news in an official statement.

“We are extremely grateful to Jason Garrett for his more than 20 years of service to the Dallas Cowboys as a player, assistant coach and head coach,” Jones said. “His level of commitment, character and dedication to this organization has been outstanding at every stage of his career.”

Notice even here Jerry did not say he's FIRED. It looks like he's still part of the organization at least until January 14.

Only thing confirmed is Garrett won't be HC next season. Of course he might just try to hang out next to McCarthy and pretend he's the HC.
Looks pretty clear, no?
They won't fire him and that was never an option once he got through the season. They just didn't renew him and his deal will expire and he'll ride off into the sunset...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still at wait & see on HC, but I am glad we have moved on from JG.
Also like the fact that McCarthy Studied newer age offenses during his hiatus.
I'm with you....McCarthy will have things in Dallas he never had with GB. Dallas will spend money while GB seldom went after free agents during his time in GB. McCarthy prefers a front office that didn't hide from the media questions, not a problem in Dallas.

BUT mostly as you said, McCarthy renewed himself this past season, reflected on what he did wrong with the packers and is excited to about the talent he's inherited on offense.

McCarthy was pretty innovated in the early packer years, and IMO, got beat down trying to please Mr. Rodgers in the later years. We'll see but one thing is for sure....Hello West Coast Offense

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great friend to Babe and his family and many more.
Nothing has been said otherwise that I have ever seen or heard.
However the NFL is a business and decisions have to be made. Jason had a long run in Dallas and I wish him well in whatever he does in the future.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct but was he not the HC coach of the 49er’s a few years ago ?
yes. he has head coaching exp.
I am just unaware of his defense or if it was successful.
So I am just patiently waiting here to learn more about his defense (if he comes here)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my understanding he is only the LB coach in New Orleans. Not the DC.

Or am I wrong?
My understanding is he was heavily involved in defensive game planning.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty clear, no?
They won't fire him and that was never an option once he got through the season. They just didn't renew him and his deal will expire and he'll ride off into the sunset...
That's how I see it. He is not officially fired by the Cowboys as we speak today.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With McCarthy on board seems like a pretty good chance Randall Cobb stays this offseason which will be great news.

Reactions: GNG

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With McCarthy on board seems like a pretty good chance Randall Cobb stays this offseason which will be great news.
I was never thinking he was going anywhere anyways. Was something said?

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never thinking he was going anywhere anyways. Was something said?
Naw I just assumed he would wanna go somewhere else where the chance of winning will be “higher” like New England or something.

When veteran players get one-year deals usually they’re gone after that one year.