• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”

---------

Jason La Canfora:

And with it now murky as to whether Andy Reid ever makes it out to AZ; Cards preparing to request permission to interview Todd Haley...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Norv Turner on Rex Ryan's short list of New York Jets offensive coordinator candidates, according to sources - ESPN New York

Anybody can laugh at me all they want, but this would be very close to my dream scenario. My ultimate dream scenario would be Bill Parcells with Norv Turner as OC, but I digress. Rex has always been one of my favorite coaches (position or potential head coach). Turner is my all-time favorite coordinator and runs my favorite system in the NFL.

With all that said, I've really disliked the Jets' organizational structure. Getting rid of Tannenbaum was the right move in my opinion, but we'll see who they replace him with. The 49ers very own Tom Gamble has been linked to the Jets, among several other spots. If they somehow get Turner and Gamble on board, that's about as good of a new or fresh start for an organization as I've seen in some time in my opinion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Howard Simon:

WGR has learned #Bills are planning to interview former Bears Head Coach Lovie Smith this weekend.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

Ken Whisenhunt is latest to interview with #Browns, per sources. Yes, in Arizona, where owner Jimmy Haslam & CEO Joe Banner are camped out

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I really thought the trip to KC for Andy Reid was just to bolster his stock when he made it to AZ. They must have really laid it on thick and got the checkbook out. No doubt he's excited about the challenge and the thought of BBQ isn't turning him away either. He was going around saying he could fix Kolb so surely everyone is surprised by this news.

Todd Haley? Are they serious?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Reid doesn't go to KC... that's TOO much of a rebuild IMO for him. He needs a more established team or a team with not too many holes.

AZ & Haley? really? lol...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have as much information on Heckert as half the people I've looked up, but I've never been a fan of his. This was expected, though.

Ian Rapoport: Andy Reid is telling Chiefs owner Clark Hunt that he will bring ex-#Browns GM Tom Heckert with him to KC. They worked together with #Eagles

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I DON'T want the Cardinals to get Keim. Leave the Steelers alone, or, preferably, let someone else nab Keim.

Albert Breer: Steelers have granted the Cardinals permission to interview Todd Haley. That'll happen soon. Could be sold as package with Keim.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Reid doesn't go to KC... that's TOO much of a rebuild IMO for him. He needs a more established team or a team with not too many holes.

Isn't his greatest credential that he did just that in Philly and turned them into a team that regularly contended for a decade or so?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter:

From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”

---------

Jason La Canfora:

And with it now murky as to whether Andy Reid ever makes it out to AZ; Cards preparing to request permission to interview Todd Haley...

Good. Keep him out of the NFC.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith winds up where Norv does and the Jets were someone I proposed earlier this year. Norv is a very good OC and a bad HC.

The only wildcard is if he goes back to Dallas.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

#Bears are 1st team to put in an interview request for #Colts OC Bruce Arians, I'm told. Won't be the last. #Chargers among those interested

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith winds up where Norv does and the Jets were someone I proposed earlier this year. Norv is a very good OC and a bad HC.

Smith should follow Reid to the Chiefs. He could start right away and they have a good running game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.

Les Bowen: Indeed, Andy Reid has canceled other trips and is hashing out final details with KC, I'm told by a source involved in talks.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Smith better not. The patience of fans from NY is unparalleled to none. With no running game and his limitations as an accurate deep passer would be a train wreck for him in that environment.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Beasley:

Spoke to Mike Giddings Jr. of Pro Scout Inc. Flatly denied interviewing for the Dolphins' GM job. Said he didn't meet with Ross this week.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Les Bowen: Indeed, Andy Reid has canceled other trips and is hashing out final details with KC, I'm told by a source involved in talks.

Ian Rapoport:

Andy Reid's people have begun the process of canceling planned talks with #Chargers/#Cardinals. Getting close with #Chiefs, I'm told.