• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Interviews begin

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Dunleavy returning as a Lakers coach, I don't think is a bad idea for a young Lakers team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the Lakers head coach 22 years ago but for the life of me I can't remember his coaching style.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunleavy is at the end of his career sort of like Don'tknowi. If the Lakers are looking at his guy, they should hire B.Scott. Scott would be a better coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Mike Dunleavy hire could be "sneaky good" (to borrow a Dan Patrick phrase). He is an excellent teacher of the game which would be great for the young guys, but has enough playoff success for Kobe to actually respect him and to be attractive to other FA's.

While I am warming to the idea of B. Scott, as of now, I'd take Dunleavy. Still need some convincing on Scott.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a bridge from the "Showtime Lakers" to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. He took a Lakers team to the finals that had no business getting there, where they lost to the Bulls in the 1st year of their dynasty.

His style was uptempo, but not D'Antoni level uptempo and he expected his players to play defense. The only complaint that I ever had about him was he stuck Mychal Thompson on the end of the bench when Thompson was still a pretty good player. However, if memory serves, it was because Mychal wasn't big on defense at that point in his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we'll get a coach before the draft or after?

I think they'll pick the coach before the draft and then get his input for which player to get.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they'll pick the coach before the draft and then get his input for which player to get.

I'd love to think they'd have a coach in place before the draft. Coaching philosophies would possible dictate who we'd draft, right??

If we keep the pick, I REALLY like Julius Randal. Personally, he was my #2 in terms of who I wanted. I wanted Parker #1, then Randal. The guy can board and play D! Not gonna score 30, but 20!

A nice dbl dbl guy who can play defense?? :scratch:

Seems like a no brainer to me!! Just my :2cents:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will. The draft isn't for another month and they have apparently already started interviews. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say they have a coach hired with 2 weeks. That way they have time to get his input on the pick and the FA signings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to think they'd have a coach in place before the draft. Coaching philosophies would possible dictate who we'd draft, right??

If we keep the pick, I REALLY like Julius Randal. Personally, he was my #2 in terms of who I wanted. I wanted Parker #1, then Randal. The guy can board and play D! Not gonna score 30, but 20!

Outside of Exum forcing his way to #7, you'll get no argument from me.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Exum forcing his way to #7, you'll get no argument from me.

What are the chances we get Love in FA?? I seriously doubt we get him in a trade, just think we don't have the pieces to make it work. Maybe someone gets him as a rental and we snag him, after vastly improving next season!! :hammer:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to have Randle but I see him being the 5th or 6th pick. No complaints he drops to 7th and we end up with him.

I still see Wiggens, Parker, Embiid and Exum being the top 4. Outside of that teams will start picking players they need most to fill positions.

Utah will most likely be looking for a PF so I see them picking Randle or Gordon there.
Boston has plenty of big men so they'll probably be looking for a guard.

Which leaves us with a chance to get Randle, Gordon or Vonleh, after Utah has had their pick.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we need to have a coach in place before the draft, that way everybody in management is ready to go & have inputs on the draft & Roster all together.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in agreement with the prevailing sentiment that a coach will be in place before the draft. Louie, good to see you are still around! I think the KLove thing is a dead issue because we don't have the assets to put together a good enough package for Minnesota to pull a trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep the pick. Build the team with a young guy and get Love in 2015.

Any team with the assets to trade for Love won't be a contender anyway so he'll only be a rental for a year if he goes somewhere else.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless he signs a max deal Shaqdaddy for an extended period of time. I know KLove wants to win but when gobs of money show up on the table, some players (and sometimes coaches) lose sight of championship aspirations.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless he signs a max deal Shaqdaddy for an extended period of time. I know KLove wants to win but when gobs of money show up on the table, some players (and sometimes coaches) lose sight of championship aspirations.

Many teams are demanding that he sign his player option for the next season as well in order to trade for him so they don't get a year rental.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances we get Love in FA?? I seriously doubt we get him in a trade, just think we don't have the pieces to make it work. Maybe someone gets him as a rental and we snag him, after vastly improving next season!! :hammer:

It really depends on Minnesota. If Minny's GM isn't just posturing and they really do keep him through next season, then him coming to the Lakers as an FA is probably a slam dunk.

It also looks like GSW is offering Lee, Barnes and a pick for Love, but Minny is insisting on Klay Thompson which GSW won't do. If Minny sticks to their guns on that, it increases the chance of him reaching free agency.

The other possibility would be a mid-season trade before the deadline. Depending on who they sign, the Lakers may be able to look at a trade deadline deal, but that's probably not a strong possibility.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on Minnesota. If Minny's GM isn't just posturing and they really do keep him through next season, then him coming to the Lakers as an FA is probably a slam dunk.

It also looks like GSW is offering Lee, Barnes and a pick for Love, but Minny is insisting on Klay Thompson which GSW won't do. If Minny sticks to their guns on that, it increases the chance of him reaching free agency.

The other possibility would be a mid-season trade before the deadline. Depending on who they sign, the Lakers may be able to look at a trade deadline deal, but that's probably not a strong possibility.

Yea, TJF12, The Logo isn't going to throw Thompson under the bus and that last possibility has real chances unless the Celtics step in with a killer package.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, TJF12, The Logo isn't going to throw Thompson under the bus and that last possibility has real chances unless the Celtics step in with a killer package.

I don't worry too much about the Celtics. They have lots of great assets to throw at Minny, but Love has never indicated that he has any interest in playing for them. So, unless they can get him to do a sign and trade, they'd be foolish to trade for him.