• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Changes

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I must say, personally: I don't like to lose, but I can accept losing when all is given and it's a close competitive competition. But to lose in the fashion that this team has, not only once, but twice is UNACCEPTABLE.

After this season, a serious coaching evaluation needs to take place.

Bo Pelini---Needs to take a serious look at the lack of discipline his team exuberate's. Everything from how they practice to whom the players set by when watching film needs to be evaluated, because something is amiss here.

Tim Beck-- Offensive Coor. / Quarterback
Ron Brown- Running Backs
Vince Marrow--Tight Ends
Ross Els--- Linebackers / special teams / Recruiting Coordinator (*)
Barney Cotton---Assistant Head Coach / Offensive line (*)
John Garrison--Assistant offensive line coach
Rich Fisher---Wide receivers
Rick Kaczenski--Defensive Line ?
Terry Joseph--Secondary
John Papuchis--Defensive Coor. ?
James Dobson--Head Strength Coach (*)

The people with (*) is who I would terminate.

Ross Els.. Our special teams are less than special and that's putting it mildly. By the way, I would pose a question to him. Have you been working with Brett Maher's kicking techniques? Your linebackers, I have mixed feeling about. Recruiting coordinator: I don't know what all is invovled to form an opinion. (I would take Mike Eckler back in a heart beat)!

...I'll pick this back up tomorrow, it's late and I'm tired...

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, personally: I don't like to lose, but I can accept losing when all is given and it's a close competitive competition. But to lose in the fashion that this team has, not only once, but twice is UNACCEPTABLE.

Bo Pelini---Needs to take a serious look at the lack of discipline his team exuberate's. Everything from how they practice to whom the players set by when watching film needs to be evaluated, because something is amiss here.

Ron Brown- Running Backs
Vince Marrow--Tight Ends
Terry Joseph--Secondary

Ross Els.. Our special teams are less than special and that's putting it mildly. By the way, I would pose a question to him. Have you been working with Brett Maher's kicking techniques? Your linebackers, I have mixed feeling about. Recruiting coordinator: I don't know what all is invovled to form an opinion. (I would take Mike Eckler back in a heart beat)!

The defensive coordinator needs to go. I would try to pick up Gene Chizik if he doesn't take a head coaching job. I'm sorry but, I think a lot of what has happened to Nebraska in the B1G is due to out dated thinking on D. It was like watching a Big 12 game from the 90's. No "D" at all. I mean it was awful to watch what Wisconsin did to your D-line. You must learn to stop the run in B1G or your just plain shit out of luck.

If I were Bo, I'm going back home to Ohio and picking up some linebackers and DT's. I would try to take any TOSU leftovers. Guys that might rate out to a 3 star, but have the build. I would look at big LB's over 6'2 and 240lbs.
The Cardinal Mooney kid "Courtney love" is going to be a beast for you guys.

Good luck on your coaching search...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Bo, I'm going back home to Ohio and picking up some linebackers and DT's. I would try to take any TOSU leftovers. Guys that might rate out to a 3 star, but have the build. I would look at big LB's over 6'2 and 240lbs.

That's literally all we've been trying to do the last two classes is get as many LB's and DT's as possible.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross Els is a waste of space.. every fucking one of his duties, he has failed at.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our staff also needs to take about 10 business classes so they can learn how to sell to recruits

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ron Brown- Running Backs
Vince Marrow--Tight Ends
Terry Joseph--Secondary

I agree with your 3 *

However, I think James Dobson needs the closest look. I've said since last year that NU cannot maintain 2nd tier or ever reach first tier if they don't improve up-front on both sides of the ball.

Even when they win, NU does not control the line of scrimmage.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive coordinator needs to go. I would try to pick up Gene Chizik if he doesn't take a head coaching job. I'm sorry but, I think a lot of what has happened to Nebraska in the B1G is due to out dated thinking on D. It was like watching a Big 12 game from the 90's. No "D" at all. I mean it was awful to watch what Wisconsin did to your D-line. You must learn to stop the run in B1G or your just plain shit out of luck.

NU's Defensive Coordinator is just an extension of Bo Pelini. Nothing more.

In press conferences Bo Pelini can be quoted as saying "I haven't forgotten how to coach defense" and "I haven't forgotten how to stop the run"

Bo Pelini is calling the defense.

The Husker Defensive Coordinator is simply an individual in training.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a plethora of kids in Nebraska capable of handling offensive and defensive line duties at championship levels. The great teams of 1970 - 1999 were full of them. They were intelligent kids capable of learning T.O.'s playbook.

Nebraska's strength and conditioning program is the weak link up front.

I agree that skill positions need to be recruited more out of state tho.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I agree with your 3 *.

RA, I didn't put them in any particular order. I was jest naming the coaches.

I should have probably stuck with this last night though, cause I feel exhausted today. :L

I suppose it's possible the Barney's lack of is a reflection of James. I jest don't have any confidence in Barney's ability. I mean he got fired from ISU for christ sakes, that should tell us somethin'.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
what if we scrapped everyone and made a hard push for petrino? or that fucker from vanderbilt?

What if my aunt had balls? She'd be my uncle; right, rock chalk jayhawk?
:finger:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick of watching noodle-arm linemen at Nebraska that have no push. I am calling for Dobson's head on a platter!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious candidate: Butch Davis

If he is looking to get back into coaching why not go after him? He is rumored to be a candidate at Tennessee, and if he is interested in a job, and Nebraska fires Bo then why not go after Butch?

Butch went to Miami and recruited a national championship team, and in 2000 he finished 11-1 but didn't play for a national title. FSU (who he beat in the regular season) did.

At Carolina he turned our program around big time. If it were not for the sanctions that we had i have no doubt that our team wouldve been in the BCS picture these last two or three years.

Also, whenever he were to leave Nebraska there are a lot of coaches that have been coordinators under him that have gone on to be successful coaches.

And he can recruit (both highly rated recruits, and he can turn 2/3 stars into NFL prospects)
Jonathan Cooper (first round OG) was 3 star recruit
Quinton Coples (first round DE) 4 star
Robert Quinn (first round DE) 4 star
Da'Norris Searcy (NFL DB) 2 star
Quan Sturdivant (NFL LB) 3 star

He brought in a top ten recruiting class in 2009.

All that being said, i have no idea if Bo should be, or will be, fired. But, if he is and Butch Davis is trying to get back into coaching then Nebraska should absolutely go after him.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will not fire Bo. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

I like the idea of chasing Chizek down to run the defense. As for the offensive line coaching... well, fire Barney and purchase a couple of the O-Lineman DVD's off the internet and let the fella's watch them. I am sure there would be a marked improvement up front that would be noticable right away.