• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Change

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that there has been a sea change in coaching this year for Detroit. I don't get to watch as many games as the local fans, so my observations may be based on too small a sample set. Yet it seems that Caldwell is finally coaching as if his job depends on it.

Using time outs instead of stockpiling them. Going for it on fourth down - and the team getting it. At 3-3, the team has been in it every game. I'm not saying that it's a flowers and rainbows, the D has looked lame, but there is a glimmer that the team has the potential to pile up a decent record.

That said, I don't think Caldwell is the long term answer. He's probably a level or two above where he should be. What sucks is, if he goes, then the Coordinators probably are dismissed. There goes any progress continuity may have brought us.

How can the Lions achieve the change needed at the top without destroying the progress that is in place. Is it a promote form within and we see Jim Bob Cooter next year?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how well Cooter has done with Stafford, now imagine how much better it could be with McDaniels.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could do the Bucs approach with Dirk Koetter. I don't think JBC is ready for a HC job though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is the nicest guy on The Green Mile.

But he's still a deadMan.

Terrible hire imo. Couldn't motivate me to put on my shoes.