• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have scores.

28th: 0.9831
322nd: 0.8904

So, there is a difference in scores of .0927.

Less than 10% difference in their scores.

You are stupid if you don't think they are all highly rated.

LOL. So why does saban grab the most 5* players than anyone? Why is his class always full of 5* and high 4* players. Because they arent really that good? Come on man. I've seen 5* RB Najee Harris play in High school. He's a man child . he's got an NFL body right now. He's so much more developed than what 4* RBs are right now. Thats why he's a 5* . yeah you can find plenty of 3*s that eventually become great players but they were great after they developed maybe a year or two later. The D linemen that Alabama gets are grown ass men already. You kept telling us a few days ago that alabama doesnt have 11 starters on D and Offense that they have many. Well thats because your 5* freshmen are already beasts coming out of high school. Your stupid if you believe that crap you're writing right now. . And yeah I'm jealous. I wish USC could get that many. Just like Cal wishes they could get the players USC gets and San Diego State wishes they couldget the players Cal gets.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. So why does saban grab the most 5* players than anyone? Why is his class always full of 5* and high 4* players. Because they arent really that good? Come on man. I've seen 5* RB Najee Harris play in High school. He's a man child . he's got an NFL body right now. He's so much more developed than what 4* RBs are right now. Thats why he's a 5* . yeah you can find plenty of 3*s that eventually become great players but they were great after they developed maybe a year or two later. The D linemen that Alabama gets are grown ass men already. You kept telling us a few days ago that alabama doesnt have 11 starters on D and Offense that they have many. Well thats because your 5* freshmen are already beasts coming out of high school. Your stupid if you believe that crap you're writing right now. . And yeah I'm jealous. I wish USC could get that many. Just like Cal wishes they could get the players USC gets and San Diego State wishes they couldget the players Cal gets.
Those players are more likely to be successful but if you are horrible at developing talent, they aren't going to be as good as they could be. Saban, as much as i hate to say it, is very good at developing talent. Brady Hoke had great recruiting classes but couldn't do anything with them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players are more likely to be successful but if you are horrible at developing talent, they aren't going to be as good as they could be. Saban, as much as i hate to say it, is very good at developing talent. Brady Hoke had great recruiting classes but couldn't do anything with them.

I'm not saying saban cant coach. He obviously can but his recruiting is so much better than everyone else he's got the players that can execute what he draws up. He's got defensive players that are beasts. Thats why its so impressive when he does lose to someone. Clemson played amazing to beat Bama. If you gave saban the same talent as what the other top five school had. Would he win as much? No, he'd win more than other probably but he wouldnt beat them all the time. he's usually rolling out a team with head and shoulders better players at almost every spot. Thats why he can win with QBs who arent that great. But hey, recruiting is part of the picture and what ever faults he has as a Xs and Os guy he more than makes up with his recruiting.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying saban cant coach. He obviously can but his recruiting is so much better than everyone else he's got the players that can execute what he draws up. He's got defensive players that are beasts. Thats why its so impressive when he does lose to someone. Clemson played amazing to beat Bama. If you gave saban the same talent as what the other top five school had. Would he win as much? No, he'd win more than other probably but he wouldnt beat them all the time. he's usually rolling out a team with head and shoulders better players at almost every spot. Thats why he can win with QBs who arent that great. But hey, recruiting is part of the picture and what ever faults he has as a Xs and Os guy he more than makes up with his recruiting.
Trust me, Michigan State understands the difference in talent levels between Saban and an average P5 team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama has the most talented team in the country and has 7 years of the #1 class, that's not the argument here.

We're talking about the value of top recruits each year. 4 and 5 star are considered blue chips, but Michigan fan is trying to pretend like only 5 stars matter, when the majority of teams - even Alabama, are made of 4 stars and lower.

Basically, Michigan fan is using talent areas as excuses for Michigan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has the most talented team in the country and has 7 years of the #1 class, that's not the argument here.

We're talking about the value of top recruits each year. 4 and 5 star are considered blue chips, but Michigan fan is trying to pretend like only 5 stars matter, when the majority of teams - even Alabama, are made of 4 stars and lower.

Basically, Michigan fan is using talent areas as excuses for Michigan.

Ok lets be honest. Alabama got five 5* players this year and probably the past three years. You put twenty 5* players on top of the 4* players Bama gets and it's an ungodly amount of riches. So Bama might be "made of 4 star" players but add twenty 5* players and that puts them in another Universe when it comes to talent. No other team has that. Ohio State is the closest and they are always in the top 3 every year when they dont win so don't try and downplay the advantage they have . it's just disingenuous.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lets be honest. Alabama got five 5* players this year and probably the past three years. You put twenty 5* players on top of the 4* players Bama gets and it's an ungodly amount of riches. So Bama might be "made of 4 star" players but add twenty 5* players and that puts them in another Universe when it comes to talent. No other team has that. Ohio State is the closest and they are always in the top 3 every year when they dont win so don't try and downplay the advantage they have . it's just disingenuous.

It's not about what Alabama has on its team, it's about what the state of Alabama has vs the state of Michigan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about since Saban has been there?
How about ranking of recruiting classes (better HS players) since Sabans been there. Who cares about the 50s and 60s and 70s
Ummmm Michigan fans. You see them talking about 11 Natties and winningest program of all time. Wins and titles from the pre helmet days are completely worth bringing into the conversation so why would the 50-70s not be relevant?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Saban can develop talent. He's proven it.

But so can Bill Snyder. He's proven it as well. But, the talent he is developing isn't near as good as the talent Saban is developing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm Michigan fans. You see them talking about 11 Natties and winningest program of all time. Wins and titles from the pre helmet days are completely worth bringing into the conversation so why would the 50-70s not be relevant?
What Michigan fan is talking about 11 NC's or winningest program? The only UM fan I could ever see bringing that up is MnB, but I keep reading how it is 'Michigan FanS'. Every team is going to have that homer fan. Anyone with two eyes knows UM hasn't been relevant in a long time and prior to Harbaugh the football program was at an all time low.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that. Not getting into that and not going excuse Michigan fans for that crap. I just jumped in when Bama fan made it sound like the last six Tide teams weren't fully loaded with ungodly talent .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Saban can develop talent. He's proven it.

But so can Bill Snyder. He's proven it as well. But, the talent he is developing isn't near as good as the talent Saban is developing.

Exactly. You cant have a team with 20 -25 5* players and the rest high 4* and act like he's cooking with the same ingredients. Just like if Helton at USC wins the PAC. Yeah it's great but he should with the talent he's gotten. Now if and when he plays teams with similar talent and wins then it will show if he can coach.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about what Alabama has on its team, it's about what the state of Alabama has vs the state of Michigan.

There is NO COMPARISON when talking about elite talent between the state of Michigan and the state of Alabama. The fact Rainbowbino posted how Alabama 'only' signed 14 5 star recruits from the state of Alabama tells me how out of touch with reality Bama fans are. They literally think that is the norm. I listed all the 5 star recruits from the state of Michigan from 2007-2016.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You cant have a team with 20 -25 5* players and the rest high 4* and act like he's cooking with the same ingredients. Just like if Helton at USC wins the PAC. Yeah it's great but he should with the talent he's gotten. Now if and when he plays teams with similar talent and wins then it will show if he can coach.
If you ask college coaches around the nation who one of the best coaches is, a good majority say Bill Snyder. I'll see if I can find that article. It was back when get got back into coaching so it has been a while, but I'll see if I can find it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is NO COMPARISON when talking about elite talent between the state of Michigan and the state of Alabama. The fact Rainbowbino posted how Alabama 'only' signed 14 5 star recruits from the state of Alabama tells me how out of touch with reality Bama fans are. They literally think that is the norm. I listed all the 5 star recruits from the state of Michigan from 2007-2016. There was 1. :lol:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: At you trying to compare MSU and Stanford. Stanford was beyond terrible. Offense ranked 118th out of 119 teams in CFB. Defense ranked 108th out of 119 teams, the year before he took over.

And Stanford's coordinator still hasn't finished with a record better than 12-1. He has lost at least 2 games every year as coach. That being said, he has shown, after working 6 years under Harbaugh at two different stops -- Harbaugh changed the culture of the program and they continue to win.

What Saban did at MSU was a one year wonder. Team won 5, 6, 6 three years before, won 6, 5, 7 and 6 in Saban's 1st 4 years, won 9, and back to the norm 5, 7, 4.

That isn't building a program. That is the bounces going your way for one year. It is why I've said from the get, he could never do what Dantonio has done at MSU. He is great when he has the best players and the most talent by far. He isn't when he has to coach up players (see 0-3 in bowl games at MSU losing by an avg of 21 ppg and a losing record in the NFL)

Holy shit you are one dense motherfucker, the one year aberration for Stanford is the year before he took over...you can claim otherwise, but they really only sucked the one year, and they were really only good the one year while he was there...when Harbaugh had the #1 Draft pick at QB. As for Shaw, he has equaled Harbaugh conference mark multiple times and he has done it in a PAC-12 that was much more competitive that it was during Harbaugh's time there. IMO Shaw>>>>>Harbaugh and it isn't close.

LOL, he could never do what Dantonio did, but he is the greatest recruiter of all time...lol, do you ever listen to yourself.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that Dantonio is so much better as a coach than Saban, that Saban would not be able to replicate Dantonio's success, despite your admission that Saban is the greatest recruiter of all time.

If Harbaugh ever wins 12 games while at Michigan, that will be the real "bounces going your way for one year". I laugh at your coach losing 3 games despite having at least 11 draft picks on his roster and I laugh at your blaming that all on poor quarterback play. LOL, have you seen some of the players we have won NC's with at the quarterback position. Face it, your coach has never won anything of significance at the college level, and the jury is still out on whether he ever will, I doubt he ever wins a B1G title, let alone a NC before he bolts with his tail between his khaki clad legs.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask college coaches around the nation who one of the best coaches is, a good majority say Bill Snyder. I'll see if I can find that article. It was back when get got back into coaching so it has been a while, but I'll see if I can find it.

Is that even open for debate? Bill Snyder does more with less than most programs on the regular.

I wonder sometimes though if he could get some of these coddled 5 stars to buy in to what he is selling. Seems like Snyder ball might be a little too Spartan-like for some of these Cinderellas. You might need to be a little hungrier to really be able to make it in his program.