• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say horse?

Hector_at_Stanford_Game.jpg

That stadium looks terrible, do they pay people to sit in that trash heap?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather watch from the best seat in the house - the TV.

I've been to many NFL games, it sucks and I spend most of the game watching the jumbotron anyway.

Yeah the TV experierce is much better these days for the game. but nothing beats the tailgate and checking out the other schools campus. Watching their traditions. The fans the students. I was in the stands for Oklahoma USC for the NC, USC at Ohio State with Barkley having the drive at the end, Notre Dame for the Bush push and a bunch of Rose Bowls against Michigan and penn State and it can't be compared to watching on TV. The live experience beats it hands down. Unless you're a fat fk who can't get out of a chair and walk farther than your fridge

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ your butthurt.

Well I have been to a Golden State game, and they were one of the worst teams in basketball at the time.

So according to some that make me a super Golden State fan.

But, I'm a Chicago Bulls fan. And since you are wondering, I'm a Bears fan. Even though I've never seen either of them play.

I'm sure you were a bulls fan when Jordan was there. You were probably a Bears from 1985 to 1986.

Can't wait to see who your favorite NBA team is -- going out on a limb and saying once the NBA finals ends it will be between GS and Cleveland. Whoever wins.

Then you will post a pic you pulled off the Internet and say a random guy was your coach growing up and you really liked them your whole life, followed by how Tyronn Lue and Steve Kerr are great coaches, not because they have vastly more talented teams than everyone else, but because they have developed the talent of their players. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the TV experierce is much better these days for the game. but nothing beats the tailgate and checking out the other schools campus. Watching their traditions. The fans the students. I was in the stands for Oklahoma USC for the NC, USC at Ohio State with Barkley having the drive at the end, Notre Dame for the Bush push and a bunch of Rose Bowls against Michigan and penn State and it can't be compared to watching on TV. The live experience beats it hands down. Unless you're a fat fk who can't get out of a chair and walk farther than your fridge

Tailgating is the only reason I went to NFL games(plus I never paid for the games).

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you were a bulls fan when Jordan was there. You were probably a Bears from 1985 to 1986.

Can't wait to see who your favorite NBA team is -- going out on a limb and saying once the NBA finals ends it will be between GS and Cleveland. Whoever wins.

Then you will post a pic you pulled off the Internet and say a random guy was your coach growing up and you really liked them your whole life, followed by how Tyronn Lue and Steve Kerr are great coaches, not because they have vastly more talented teams than everyone else, but because they have developed the talent of their players. :lol:
It's funny how much you care about what teams other people root for.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a Bears fan in 1985 and I was a Bulls fan when Jordan was there.

3 Chicago teams....

:think:

Oh yeah, I was born in Chicago and family is originally from Chicago before moving to Alabama.

Got anything else, Sherlock?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tailgating is the only reason I went to NFL games(plus I never paid for the games).

Tailgating is pretty awesome. I shared (we all payed 1/5) a big RV with five friends some years back and i'd take it to the games and we partied our asses off.Sometimes got so blasted we had to watch th game at the RV (had a big screen hanging outside to watch the prior games).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want to inject myself into this conversation, but I think it needs to be said anyway. And before I do, I think Dantonio is a great coach.

In 4 of Dantonio's 5 best seasons(2010, 2011, 2013, 2014) he beat a total of 3 ranked teams during the regular season. In 2010, 27% of the conference finished ranked(including Ohio State even though it's vacated). In 2011, 33% of the conference finished ranked. In 2013, 25% of the conference finished ranked. In 2014, 21% of the conference finished ranked. Dantonio was great when the conference was historically as worse as it's ever been. With that said, I do give him props for navigating through a very difficult schedule in 2015 and making the CFP.

In 1999 Saban beat a total of 4 ranked teams during the regular season. In 1999, 64% of the conference finished ranked.

My point is Saban had to navigate in a time when the B1G was much better than what it was when Dantonio had to navigate through it.

Saying Saban couldn't do what Dantonio has done is simply being short minded and not looking at all the facts. Hell he beat more ranked teams in 1999 than Dantonio did in those 4 seasons during the regular season.

Saban literally has said Dantonio has been able to accomplish things at MSU that he wasn't able to. (From the press conference before the CFP game)

And the 'ranked teams' of OSU finished 6-6 and Notre Dame finished 5-7.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban literally has said Dantonio has been able to accomplish things at MSU that he wasn't able to. (From the press conference before the CFP game)

And the 'ranked teams' of OSU finished 6-6 and Notre Dame finished 5-7.

That's fine he said that, he'd be a moron not to compliment Dantonio, especially when Dantonio worked under Saban as an assistant longer than he did anywhere else.

And I was talking about how Oregon finished ranked 19th, Illinois finished 24th, Michigan finished 5th and Penn State finished 11th. By my count that equals 4.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeah, forgot about this gem.

That "random guy" had a name. It's Wayne Trimble.

He was a shitty high school coach, and probably the only way you would know he was a high school coach was if....you were there.

I also hated him with a passion.

I guess I must be the most interesting man in the world. You guys don't believe what I've done is true, and at the same time want to shame for the things I haven't done.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they can't pay you enough to go see a Bama game?

Not sure what this means.

The reason I've never been to an Alabama game is not complicated. When I was a kid, I was the oldest of 3 kids and my parents didn't have money. Going to an Alabama game wasn't even something I even remotely considered doing when I was young.

These days my parents own their own businesses and have money. They go to multiple games a year, they take all the grandkids that live in Alabama a good bit, and my brother lives in Tuscaloosa. But when I was growing up and living in Alabama, these things weren't options. My parents hadn't ever been to a game back then either.

I'm sure if I lived in Alabama now, I'd be going to many games.

But when I turned 18 I joined the military, and when I got out of the military I started a career on the other side of the US. I have a family, kids in school and I do not fly. I could technically take the trip and go to an Alabama game, but I have a family and I have more important things I can spend that money on. Especially since I know the game is better viewed on TV.

The closest I came to going to a game was the NC game in Phoenix. My parents were actually considering flying out here and going, but the ticket prices at the time were crazy and they decided not to fly out. At the last minute ticket prices went down and I decided not to spend $500 on a pair of crappy nosebleeds.

It's not a big deal to me. You guys care about it way more than I do.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine he said that, he'd be a moron not to compliment Dantonio, especially when Dantonio worked under Saban as an assistant longer than he did anywhere else.

And I was talking about how Oregon finished ranked 19th, Illinois finished 24th, Michigan finished 5th and Penn State finished 11th. By my count that equals 4.

He said it because it is a fact, just like it is a fact that MSU was no different under Saban than they were under Perles.

And my bad about the ranked teams. I didn't notice Oregon on the schedule and sports reference only lists the top 20, so didn't see Illinois.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, forgot about this gem.

That "random guy" had a name. It's Wayne Trimble.

He was a shitty high school coach, and probably the only way you would know he was a high school coach was if....you were there.

I also hated him with a passion.

I guess I must be the most interesting man in the world. You guys don't believe what I've done is true, and at the same time want to shame for the things I haven't done.

:lol:

:yawning:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this means.

The reason I've never been to an Alabama game is not complicated. When I was a kid, I was the oldest of 3 kids and my parents didn't have money. Going to an Alabama game wasn't even something I even remotely considered doing when I was young.

These days my parents own their own businesses and have money. They go to multiple games a year, they take all the grandkids that live in Alabama a good bit, and my brother lives in Tuscaloosa. But when I was growing up and living in Alabama, these things weren't options. My parents hadn't ever been to a game back then either.

I'm sure if I lived in Alabama now, I'd be going to many games.

But when I turned 18 I joined the military, and when I got out of the military I started a career on the other side of the US. I have a family, kids in school and I do not fly. I could technically take the trip and go to an Alabama game, but I have a family and I have more important things I can spend that money on. Especially since I know the game is better viewed on TV.

The closest I came to going to a game was the NC game in Phoenix. My parents were actually considering flying out here and going, but the ticket prices at the time were crazy and they decided not to fly out. At the last minute ticket prices went down and I decided not to spend $500 on a pair of crappy nosebleeds.

It's not a big deal to me. You guys care about it way more than I do.
"#FakeNews" - ThrustMeIamTight

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got any more fantasy's that make you feel better about getting your shit pushed in on a daily basis?

Fantasy?

George Perles -- Record the year before taking over, 2-9 -- 1st 5 years: 33 wins, 1 division title, 1 rose bowl win

Mark Dantonio -- Record the year before taking over, 4-8 -- 1st 5 years: 44 wins, 2 division titles, 1 bowl win

Nick Saban -- Record the year before taking over, 6-6 -- 1st 5 years: 34 wins, 0 division titles, 0 bowl wins.

Great coach............. in the SEC. Middle of the road coach in the B1G.

You could give dozens of coaches the amount of talent Bama has had and they'd be just as successful. It is no different than NBA teams stacking rosters and then arguing guys like Tyronn Lue and Steve Kerr are the best coaches.