• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 50 states, ranked by their number of elite college football recruits

Alabama is #7 with 3.6% of blue chip recruits(4 and 5 star).

Michigan is #16 with 2.3%.

On the 5 year average %, Alabama is #6 and Michigan is #9.

FOURTEEN 5 star recruits signed from the state of Alabama. ONE from the state of Michigan.

If you'd like to go a step further -- I only went back 6 years as I didn't have time to go back further -- I can do so later if you'd like. Alabama has signed 20 top 100 recruits from the state of Alabama in the last 6 years. Michigan has had 5 top 100 recruits from the state of Michigan.

Comparing the two states is pointless. The quality of players out of the state of Alabama is light years better than Michigan. It is one of my points as to why I said Saban couldn't do what Dantonio did at MSU. He'd never get the recruiting classes at MSU.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOURTEEN 5 star recruits signed from the state of Alabama. ONE from the state of Michigan.

If you'd like to go a step further -- I only went back 6 years as I didn't have time to go back further -- I can do so later if you'd like. Alabama has signed 20 top 100 recruits from the state of Alabama in the last 6 years. Michigan has had 5 top 100 recruits from the state of Michigan.

Comparing the two states is pointless. The quality of players out of the state of Alabama is light years better than Michigan. It is one of my points as to why I said Saban couldn't do what Dantonio did at MSU. He'd never get the recruiting classes at MSU.
surrender-cobra.gif

:violin:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPJ is in the 2017 class. Most haven't even stepped foot on campus as students. The reason he was such a huge deal to sign was -- the state of Michigan rarely ever has five star talent in state. That is why I laughed when Rainbowbino said Bama had only signed 14 five star recruits from in state.
But you also said Michigan had only one and named Gholston, while forgetting DPj. So I am pointing out you either lied, or was in error about the number originally. 2 is not 1 and i know you will say 2 is not 14 either. We cannot help it in Alabama if you people dont play football up North, we do in the South and we play it at a high level, even at the high school level.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think all these kids Alabama sends to the NFL are 5 stars or something?

Blue chip recruits are considered 4 and 5 star. If you want to talk about recruiting areas, then people talk about 4 and 5 stars. 5 stars are nice, but it's not like there is some magic or huge gap between 4 and 5 star kids. 5 star are just the top30 or whatever number it is they use. They don't grade out a ton different.

But hey, if you want to focus in on the smallest part of the team rather than what makes up the bulk, be my guest. It's about what I expect from you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think all these kids Alabama sends to the NFL are 5 stars or something?

Blue chip recruits are considered 4 and 5 star. If you want to talk about recruiting areas, then people talk about 4 and 5 stars. 5 stars are nice, but it's not like there is some magic or huge gap between 4 and 5 star kids. 5 star are just the top30 or whatever number it is they use. They don't grade out a ton different.

But hey, if you want to focus in on the smallest part of the team rather than what makes up the bulk, be my guest. It's about what I expect from you.

Here are the Bama drafts pick in the early rounds off the top of my head the last couple years:
Cam Robinson 5 star recruit
Marlon Humphrey 5 star recruit
Reubon Foster 5 star recruit
Jonathan Allen 5 star recruit
OJ Howard 5 star recruit
(Also in the class with Howard Allen and Foster)
Derrick Henry 5 star recruit
A'Shawn Robinson 5 star recruit
TJ Yeldon 5 star recruit

I recognize a few others: Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams (sp) 4 star top 80 recruits. Reggie Ragland, Cyrus Jones, Amari Cooper all top 50 recruits.

Bama is great because of their recruiting. You can continue to say the 4 and 5 star story to make it seem otherwise, but there is a big difference between a 4 star guy rated in the top 50 and a guy rated in the top 250.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the Bama drafts pick in the early rounds off the top of my head the last couple years:
OJ Howard 5 star recruit
TJ Yeldon 5 star recruit

I recognize a few others: Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams (sp) 4 star top 80 recruits. Reggie Ragland, Cyrus Jones, Amari Cooper all top 50 recruits.

Bama is great because of their recruiting. You can continue to say the 4 and 5 star story to make it seem otherwise, but there is a big difference between a 4 star guy rated in the top 50 and a guy rated in the top 250.
ClowneyObliterates.gif

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many would ?

@ktg8trgrl
@TemptressToo
@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@packerzrule
@SteelersPride
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@Nosferatu
@Harry Seaword
@Used 2 B Hu
@tabascojet
@TigerBait1971
@Inimical
@Manster7588
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Rex Racer
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@Psych-Ward
@BritishDolfan
@popeyecv64
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@Carnzo
@Peter Gozintite
@KingKoolKat75
@Payton
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@lilchi721
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@Rex Racer
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@Dolemite censored
@nathans8823
@7Samurai13
@Bayou Tiger
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Inquisitor95
@Codaxx
@Texas Jefe
@TexasExes98
@bamabear82
@Bamabino
@Bandwagonbo2
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@fullxtension
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@Guy Incognito
@OregonDucks
@Darrell Green Fan
@MilkSpiller22
@Shanemansj13
@jeffro151
@mr.hockey4242
@broncosmitty
@steveringo
@Wamu
@trojanfan12
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@True Lakers Fan
@Clayton
@Johnnydollaz89
@ATL96Steeler
@The Crimson King
@Darkstone42
@Wings
@wildturkey
@DrewScott
@TrustMeIamRight
@MAIZEandBLUE09
@Wingingit
@mall3013
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon
@Milkshake

I'd knock the bottom out !

:dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard 5 star recruit
TJ Yeldon 5 star recruit

Congrats, you've used multiple years and managed to name about 10% of the players on the team.

Yes, we get great players and recruiting is a huge part of our success. Duh. You just don't have a remote fucking clue as to WHY Alabama gets them.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any Coach who isn't me alright
I feel charming
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real !

c0b73bd61b4816c6009d52a71fe77936.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like said -- Saban is a great coach...........in the SEC. Take away the built in advantages the SEC provides and he is 0-3 in bowl games (losing by an avg of 21+ per game), has a losing record in the NFL before quitting and was a mediocre B1G coach.

Well as a Michigan man, I will give you the benefit of the doubt about what constitutes a mediocre B1G coach...y'all certainly have enough personal experience lately to judge.