• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Saban wasn't that great...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for the list of 15 five star recruits from Michigan. And YES -- if you have the most talent each and every year. It is a failure.

You had how many first round picks on defense and How many more will be 1st round picks this year and Clemson had 500+ yards of offense and over 400 yards passing? I could see if it was one guy killing you, but Clemson had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR guys with over 90 yards receiving.

And how many Natty's does that lousy team of yours have in this century? You talk way too much shit for a fan of a program that hasn't won an outright Natty since 1948.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...Saban has 5 Natty's. Jimmy Jam hasn't won a damn thing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make up your mind TwoFace. Your earlier post said Michigan and Washington combined. One 5 star a year from the State of Alabama isn't that significant. The 5 star talent from out of state is. Ohio is ranked above Alabama even. Michigan should be able to pull enough talent from there to make a difference, All you have is excuses.

Go ahead and list Michigan and Washington. I can do the state of Michigan for you.

The past 10 years 2007-2016 -- here is the breakdown of ALL the 5 star recruits from Michigan:

2010 William Gholston

Well, that was easy. :lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat face he made Doe.....

THE-MORTIFIED-PUNTER1.gif

He dropped the ball & shit himself @ the same time.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Bama fans this slow? Bama has the #1 recruiting class the past 7 years. They have BY FAR, the most talent. It'd be like giving the New England Patriots the #1 pick in the draft for a decade after winning the SB and then saying how great the coach is.

The fact Saban has only won 1 of the 3 In the CFP era is a failure with the talent Bama has.
Not considering the first year they had secondary issues, even teams with top recruiting classes can have issues. Last year we lost by one second. Thats a hard pill to swallow, but that was a very talented team offensively, so its not that big a shock. You base things on recruit rankings, but that has flaws because we have all seen in the past how a kid is a three or low 4 star gets a couple of offers from top schools and he is suddenly a high 4 or 5 star. Recruit rankings and 3 dollars buys you a coffee.
And i noticed you didnt answer the question, which shows you are all about deflection. Coaching wins games, great coaching wins titles. 5-1 against top talent in a title game says alot whether you admit it or not.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many Natty's does that lousy team of yours have in this century? You talk way too much shit for a fan of a program that hasn't won an outright Natty since 1948.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...Saban has 5 Natty's. Jimmy Jam hasn't won a damn thing.

B O O M !

legion-kiss-kiss-boom.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he was hunting doves. Now I want it made clear, I hunt doves. Requires a shotgun.

It is 2017. 1980 was 37 years ago. I figure he would be at least 10 years of age in 1980 to be out in a field with a loaded shotgun shooting at the hardest bird to hit....

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

You do the math !

:lol:

If I have to fucking spell it out for you Bama tards one more time ! :gaah:
I did math and showed you that Bama owns LSU lock, stock, and gun barrel. I need no more math to show you ownage, its simple 51-25-5 is all thats needed. Nuff said.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Coach Saban just bought Kate Spade. good job

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did math and showed you that Bama owns LSU lock, stock, and gun barrel. I need no more math to show you ownage, its simple 51-25-5 is all thats needed. Nuff said.

I never said otherwise. I only commented on the time frame he gave. I realize this may be too difficult for an Alabamian to comprehend and all, seeing as math and matching up the record he claimed against the time he would have actually been alive and able to witness what actually transpired during that time.

But by all means, continue to argue something with yourself and the other Bama tards here too stupid to comprehend also. See if I care ! LOL ! :pound:

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be trying to do the math, this may take awhile....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not considering the first year they had secondary issues, even teams with top recruiting classes can have issues. Last year we lost by one second. Thats a hard pill to swallow, but that was a very talented team offensively, so its not that big a shock. You base things on recruit rankings, but that has flaws because we have all seen in the past how a kid is a three or low 4 star gets a couple of offers from top schools and he is suddenly a high 4 or 5 star. Recruit rankings and 3 dollars buys you a coffee.
And i noticed you didnt answer the question, which shows you are all about deflection. Coaching wins games, great coaching wins titles. 5-1 against top talent in a title game says alot whether you admit it or not.

What question did I dodge?

And I agree wholeheartedly -- you do have hit and misses on the recruiting trail, BUT that line is much smaller when you are signing the #1 class every year. And it means much less to a team when they have 5 star recruits backing up 5 star recruits than it does to a team who signs one every few years.

I will say Saban is a genius at how he handles his roster. It allows them to bring in full classes and allows them more leeway to make mistakes.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said otherwise. I only commented on the time frame he gave. I realize this may be too difficult for an Alabamian to comprehend and all, seeing as math and matching up the record he claimed against the time he would have actually been alive and able to witness what actually transpired during that time.

But by all means, continue to argue something with yourself and the other Bama tards here too stupid to comprehend also. See if I care ! LOL ! :pound:
Me argue? why should i need to? we have 6 game winning streak and counting. No reason to argue, we own you.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he was hunting doves. Now I want it made clear, I hunt doves. Requires a shotgun.

It is 2017. 1980 was 37 years ago. I figure he would be at least 10 years of age in 1980 to be out in a field with a loaded shotgun shooting at the hardest bird to hit....

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

You do the math !

If I have to fucking spell it out for you Bama tards one more time ! :gaah:

Bullshit, you picked those dates because it was the best case scenario stats wise for LSU.

The same reason you kept going past 2000 and included the Saban years even though I clearly said "Until Saban came to LSU".

In truth, from 1980 until 2000, LSU had 6 wins. So yep, dove hunting and listening to Alabama kick the shit outta LSU pretty much went hand and hand.

And the first time I shot a shotgun I was 5. Of course, the only thing I hit was my ass on the ground.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and list Michigan and Washington. I can do the state of Michigan for you.

The past 10 years 2007-2016 -- here is the breakdown of ALL the 5 star recruits from Michigan:

2010 William Gholston

Well, that was easy. :lol:

I love getting the BS from rainbowbino after pointing out the state of Michigan has had 1 five star recruit from the state in the past 10 years. I guess he realizes now how ridiculous it is to say Bama has 'only signed' 14 from the state of Alabama. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love getting the BS from rainbowbino after pointing out the state of Michigan has had 1 five star recruit from the state in the past 10 years. I guess he realizes now how ridiculous it is to say Bama has 'only signed' 14 from the state of Alabama. :lol:

All 50 states, ranked by their number of elite college football recruits

Alabama is #7 with 3.6% of blue chip recruits(4 and 5 star).

Michigan is #16 with 2.3%.

On the 5 year average %, Alabama is #6 and Michigan is #9.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget about Donovan People-Jones? Seems like a miss if you did since Michigan got him to sign.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget about Donovan People-Jones? Seems like a miss if you did since Michigan got him to sign.

DPJ is in the 2017 class. Most haven't even stepped foot on campus as students. The reason he was such a huge deal to sign was -- the state of Michigan rarely ever has five star talent in state. That is why I laughed when Rainbowbino said Bama had only signed 14 five star recruits from in state.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year we won our first national championship (1993), our strength of schedule was higher ranked than any SEC team in the country.
College Football 1993 Ranking of Schedule

So it's safe to say, no one should read much into that quote.

Bowden is a complimentary guy. He was giving the SEC a compliment, and being modest. He does that.
Totally agree. IMO, FSU could have beaten most of the SEC teams in the 90's.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, you picked those dates because it was the best case scenario stats wise for LSU.

The same reason you kept going past 2000 and included the Saban years even though I clearly said "Until Saban came to LSU".

In truth, from 1980 until 2000, LSU had 6 wins. So yep, dove hunting and listening to Alabama kick the shit outta LSU pretty much went hand and hand.

And the first time I shot a shotgun I was 5. Of course, the only thing I hit was my ass on the ground.

Blah blah blah....

Shutup, Stupid !

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-5-9_15-25-42.png

HMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chocalate icecream ! You shouldn't have, but thanks ! :nod: