• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach of the Year - ?

Who should be Coach of the Year?

• Mike D'Antoni - Houston

• Dwane Casey - Toronto

• Brad Stevens - Boston

• Quin Snyder - Utah

• Terry Stotts - Portland

• Other (explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stotts. Even though Lillard is becoming a great player and a true all-star, Stotts is dealt with a mediocre roster with not much talented depth. Somehow he has the Blazers as a 3rd seed.

The unfortunate thing is whether you are a 3rd seed or 8th seed, no one from 3-8 is getting past Golden State or Houston.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the GOAT and has done a great job this year with Kawhi out.

But the reality is that he isn't getting it because we has won multiple times and there are other less decorated coaches just as deserving.

Agree.

Ironically, considering everything that's gone on and Kawhi out, this may be arguably the best coaching job he's done in his career and he won't get COY for it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the GOAT and has done a great job this year with Kawhi out.

But the reality is that he isn't getting it because we has won multiple times and there are other less decorated coaches just as deserving.

I would like to see what he could do with the Thunder's roster.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible field of coaches that should deserve some recognition this year, but my vote has to go to D'Antoni.

The way he has transformed the Rockets into an absolute juggernaut has been impressive. Not only are they offensively spectacular, but he's been able to alter their defense and make them a really efficient team. A lot of that has to do with additions like PJ Tucker and CP3, but their overall uptick as a team defensively cannot be glossed over.

Pop would be second because god damn if he didn't take that rag tag bunch and make them playable and good.

Third I would go Stevens, 4th Stotts, 5th Casey and 6th Snyder.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. But I think more realistically he would have them in at least the 3 spot in the west.

Definitely. I was only half kidding. Think Melo definitely would be on the outs, he just doesn't fit Pop's style. Adams would thrive and so would PG. Russ I'm on the fence about. It would really be up to him on how he would either fit or clash with Pop. Don't know if he's a real fit for any system, but also he could potentially become a super version of early years TP. The one who was super quick and all over the place, driving to the rim and probing the defense.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. I was only half kidding. Think Melo definitely would be on the outs, he just doesn't fit Pop's style. Adams would thrive and so would PG. Russ I'm on the fence about. It would really be up to him on how he would either fit or clash with Pop. Don't know if he's a real fit for any system, but also he could potentially become a super version of early years TP. The one who was super quick and all over the place, driving to the rim and probing the defense.

I've actually been impressed with Mello this season. He's really shown he can be a team player.
Russ might be a personality clash with Pop although I think he's easier to get along with than he was made out by a previous teammate.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually been impressed with Mello this season. He's really shown he can be a team player.
Russ might be a personality clash with Pop although I think he's easier to get along with than he was made out by a previous teammate.
The only thing that makes Melo a team player is that he is smart enough to realize he sucks and so he doesn't need to be a focal point. Look at the stats, he's a liability.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder, Nobody expected the Jazz to be in the playoffs without Hayward. He took a under talented team and maximized all it's advantages. He did the same thing Stevens has done, only without adding a top 5 pick every year.

I challenge anyone to find a coach worse than Thibs this year.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that makes Melo a team player is that he is smart enough to realize he sucks and so he doesn't need to be a focal point. Look at the stats, he's a liability.

He's overpaid but I don't think I would go that far.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be Stevens.

He has had to deal with injuries since the first minute of the Season and his team still has a shot @ the #1 seed.

Pop = LeBron

Voters fatigue.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of great choices this year, a lot of great coaches...

What puts Stevens over the top, to me, goes beyond how well they've performed despite all the injuries (where C's have been hit hard both in terms of quality and quantity). It's the way they've developed their young talent year in and and year out... it's because guys like Brown, Smart and Rozier have been ready to step up that the C's haven't dropped a notch this past season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the Pacers coach? I swore they’d lose close to 60 games this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might reconsider my vote. I went with Stevens but I think that Quinn Snyder deserves it. He has that Jazz squad playing as the best team over the last 30 or so games. And while Mitchell is exciting and Gobert is an imposing force, the Jazz aren't really much better than the sum of their parts.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally have no idea. Every metric I can think of, there's a different coach that fits. Did more with less. Took a team to an elite level. Coached through injuries. Exceeded expectations. I'm just glad I don't have to actually vote in this.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally have no idea. Every metric I can think of, there's a different coach that fits. Did more with less. Took a team to an elite level. Coached through injuries. Exceeded expectations. I'm just glad I don't have to actually vote in this.

Yeah. You could seriously make a compelling argument for Stevens, Casey, McMillan, Brown, Pop, Snyder, Stotts and D'Antoni. Although I would argue that Stotts and D'Antoni have less compelling arguments.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You could seriously make a compelling argument for Stevens, Casey, McMillan, Brown, Pop, Snyder, Stotts and D'Antoni. Although I would argue that Stotts and D'Antoni have less compelling arguments.

I think D'Antoni should get much more love than he will probably get. He took the Rockets team to an absolutely Elite level and the best team at the end of the regular season. Everyone expected them to be good, but no one would say THIS good. On top of that he's got them at 6th in the whole NBA in Defensive rating.

Not saying I think he should win it over the other guys, but I feel like his accomplishments are every bit as compelling as the others.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonights winner of the Portland/Utah game should win COY.