• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers to screw the Rockets

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the year 2020 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title.
In the year 2025 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title
In the year 2030......Well you get the picture

Sure

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Byron Scott, it will be about 2019 or 20 when the current Lakers will be really good enough to contend - I am anxious to see how that flies next year with the front office and the fans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Byron Scott, it will be about 2019 or 20 when the current Lakers will be really good enough to contend - I am anxious to see how that flies next year with the front office and the fans.

Byron probably won't be around to find out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron probably won't be around to find out.
I think he might get a shot at next year, but they will expect a huge improvement that moves the team considerably closer to the playoffs or he will be gone for sure. Based on what I have seen on the Time Warner channel - James Worthy and the others have repeatedly questioned Scott's decisions - and when you have an expert like Big game James questioning his former team mate - I just don't think that speaks well of his future

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might get a shot at next year, but they will expect a huge improvement that moves the team considerably closer to the playoffs or he will be gone for sure. Based on what I have seen on the Time Warner channel - James Worthy and the others have repeatedly questioned Scott's decisions - and when you have an expert like Big game James questioning his former team mate - I just don't think that speaks well of his future

I don't see how they can give him another shot. Not with all of the negativity around him from fans and the media. They need to try and attract FA's and I don't see how that happens with Byron as HC.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can give him another shot. Not with all of the negativity around him from fans and the media. They need to try and attract FA's and I don't see how that happens with Byron as HC.
I think Scott might have been set up though to fail - so if Scott stays another year - that will be why. I personally think Scott did not do as good as he did in New Orleans and was a disappointment. He handled Kobe very poorly from the beginning and pushed him way to many minutes and has had problems developing the new talent.

By the way - I have heard Sloan is battling with Parkisons now and in very bad health - Very sad to see such a great coach go down

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scott might have been set up though to fail - so if Scott stays another year - that will be why. I personally think Scott did not do as good as he did in New Orleans and was a disappointment. He handled Kobe very poorly from the beginning and pushed him way to many minutes and has had problems developing the new talent.

By the way - I have heard Sloan is battling with Parkisons now and in very bad health - Very sad to see such a great coach go down

I don't think anyone would say that he was given competitive teams. Last years team was a bunch of guys who were trying to stay in the league. This year, they were very, very young and had the Kobe farewell tour. So, while I wouldn't say set up to fail, because he knew what he was getting into when he took the job, everyone knew they weren't going to be competing for anything but ping pong balls.

The problem though, is that really isn't anything that you can point to and say that he improved the team. I mean, the offense has gotten better, but offense was never going to be a big problem once they started figuring some things out.

The problem for him is the defense. It's terrible, has been all year and hasn't improved at all. They have the same issues they had at the beginning of the season. They are decent on ball defenders, but once a team starts moving the ball around, they get lost. That should not be happening this late in the season.

Even if they retain him. Do you honestly think he'd survive the entire season? Better to just fire him after this season than have to fire him during next season and then deal with an interim coach and another search. Especially since there are going to be opportunities to go after better coaches.

I was Team Byron when he was hired. I'm not anymore.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would say that he was given competitive teams. Last years team was a bunch of guys who were trying to stay in the league. This year, they were very, very young and had the Kobe farewell tour. So, while I wouldn't say set up to fail, because he knew what he was getting into when he took the job, everyone knew they weren't going to be competing for anything but ping pong balls.

The problem though, is that really isn't anything that you can point to and say that he improved the team. I mean, the offense has gotten better, but offense was never going to be a big problem once they started figuring some things out.

The problem for him is the defense. It's terrible, has been all year and hasn't improved at all. They have the same issues they had at the beginning of the season. They are decent on ball defenders, but once a team starts moving the ball around, they get lost. That should not be happening this late in the season.

Even if they retain him. Do you honestly think he'd survive the entire season? Better to just fire him after this season than have to fire him during next season and then deal with an interim coach and another search. Especially since there are going to be opportunities to go after better coaches.

I was Team Byron when he was hired. I'm not anymore.
If you could find some one else - I am all ears. You have Derek Fisher who failed at his first event, Brian Shaw who I really like a lot and possibly Kurt Rambis. I am not a fan of the triangle offense any more though - it takes to long to learn and is to slow for an NBA that moves faster now. Just not much out there

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could find some one else - I am all ears. You have Derek Fisher who failed at his first event, Brian Shaw who I really like a lot and possibly Kurt Rambis. I am not a fan of the triangle offense any more though - it takes to long to learn and is to slow for an NBA that moves faster now. Just not much out there

Assuming the Lakers fire Byron, they will likely start with:

Tom Thibedeau
Luke Walton

Those are just 2. 1 that is currently available and one that is considered one of the top up and coming coaches and is a former Laker and will have several teams looking to interview him.

Not sure about Shaw. He looked good a few years ago, but not so much in his last job in Denver. Rambis has already been exposed. He's a good assistant coach, but not a good head coach.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Lakers fire Byron, they will likely start with:

Tom Thibedeau
Luke Walton

Those are just 2. 1 that is currently available and one that is considered one of the top up and coming coaches and is a former Laker and will have several teams looking to interview him.

Not sure about Shaw. He looked good a few years ago, but not so much in his last job in Denver. Rambis has already been exposed. He's a good assistant coach, but not a good head coach.
I don't think Luke Walton will be willing to leave from what I have heard. His dad told him a few weeks ago not to leave the Warriors, but to sit back and enjoy the ride while learning more from the best and that there will be plenty of opportunities to coach on his own. This last season looked and felt easy to Walton because he was stepping up and filling in for some one else, but as a former vice-pres stepping to the president's role permanently - I already know that it changes every thing including the pressure

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Luke Walton will be willing to leave from what I have heard. His dad told him a few weeks ago not to leave the Warriors, but to sit back and enjoy the ride while learning more from the best and that there will be plenty of opportunities to coach on his own. This last season looked and felt easy to Walton because he was stepping up and filling in for some one else, but as a former vice-pres stepping to the president's role permanently - I already know that it changes every thing including the pressure

I heard that it really doesn't mean much. There are no guarantees. If teams come after him offering a bunch of money, he'd be crazy not to listen. There are only 30 NBA head coaching jobs. Turning down jobs that rare usually isn't a very good idea.

He may well decide to stay, especially if the reports re: Kerr's health (his back, I think) are true and he may leave in a season or 2.

As for the pressure, I doubt his plan is to be a lifelong assistant coach. So, sooner or later, he'll need to step up and take on that pressure. He's a young coach, so he may like the idea of taking on a job with a young team where they can all grow and develop together.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that it really doesn't mean much. There are no guarantees. If teams come after him offering a bunch of money, he'd be crazy not to listen. There are only 30 NBA head coaching jobs. Turning down jobs that rare usually isn't a very good idea.

He may well decide to stay, especially if the reports re: Kerr's health (his back, I think) are true and he may leave in a season or 2.

As for the pressure, I doubt his plan is to be a lifelong assistant coach. So, sooner or later, he'll need to step up and take on that pressure. He's a young coach, so he may like the idea of taking on a job with a young team where they can all grow and develop together.
From personal experience on back problems - I seriously doubt Kerr will be a head coach on a long term basis - Considering how well Walton worked out - they would be wise to keep him - especially with Jerry West in the back ground as a consultant. We will see, but I think the Lakers could easily go through several coaches before they get the right one - and If I was Luke I would be considering that possibility of being a one and fired coach vs assistant coach to a team headed for more trips to the finals and titles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the year 2020 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title.
In the year 2025 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title
id worry about the team in the other side of the locker room at Staples.

I think the main cause- as many sane people do- that the Clippers were such a joke was because of their racist, scumbag cheapass owner.

Now their owner is a genius self made billionaire. They have Chris Paul and Blake Griffin - 2 of the top 15 players in the NBA- and Jordan who is top 30.....and are once again playing solid ball.

contrast that with what happened ot the Lakers- their genius self-made billionaire owner died- left the team in trust to 7 kids- and the guy in charge is in WAY over his head and the Lakers last year had the WORST season in the history of their franchise--- only for THIS year to once again- be the WORST season in the history of the franchise.

Maybe at one time having the word Lakers and CLippers on your chest meant you were entitled to something- 2 very different somethings.....well- if ownership is as important as i think it is- those very different somethings have appeared to switch- and not in a good way for the Lakers--- and in an EXTREMELY good way for the Clippers.

if u want to razz MEcca about how good the lakers USED to be- and how bad the clippers USED to be--- i think thats about as far as your gonna get for a LONG LONG LONG time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id worry about the team in the other side of the locker room at Staples.

I think the main cause- as many sane people do- that the Clippers were such a joke was because of their racist, scumbag cheapass owner.

Now their owner is a genius self made billionaire. They have Chris Paul and Blake Griffin - 2 of the top 15 players in the NBA- and Jordan who is top 30.....and are once again playing solid ball.

contrast that with what happened ot the Lakers- their genius self-made billionaire owner died- left the team in trust to 7 kids- and the guy in charge is in WAY over his head and the Lakers last year had the WORST season in the history of their franchise--- only for THIS year to once again- be the WORST season in the history of the franchise.

Maybe at one time having the word Lakers and CLippers on your chest meant you were entitled to something- 2 very different somethings.....well- if ownership is as important as i think it is- those very different somethings have appeared to switch- and not in a good way for the Lakers--- and in an EXTREMELY good way for the Clippers.

if u want to razz MEcca about how good the lakers USED to be- and how bad the clippers USED to be--- i think thats about as far as your gonna get for a LONG LONG LONG time.
The Lakers are screwed for a few more years, so there isn't much point, but if Chris Paul and Griffin can get it done, I will be happy for them even though I don't like the Clippers. That being said, however I think time is beginning to run out on that team. I don't feel that Chris Paul has been quite the player that every one expected and is beginning to decline. I think Griffin has a few more years, but could have a problem rebuilding fast enough to have a championship team if they don't win one in the next two or three years and we already know this year won't be the one. It wasn't intended to razz Mecca, but he was clowning the Lakers draft picks and I just wanted to point out that given the history of these two teams - there is a greater chance that the Lakers goes back to the finals first in spite of the Clippers being the best chance. If he wants to clown on Russell, that's fine but at least Russell didn't break his hand while assaulting a professional employee for teasing him. That may have destroyed any chance the Clippers did have of going to the finals(not that I think they can beat the Warriors which I don't think they can)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are screwed for a few more years, so there isn't much point, but if Chris Paul and Griffin can get it done, I will be happy for them even though I don't like the Clippers. That being said, however I think time is beginning to run out on that team. I don't feel that Chris Paul has been quite the player that every one expected and is beginning to decline. I think Griffin has a few more years, but could have a problem rebuilding fast enough to have a championship team if they don't win one in the next two or three years and we already know this year won't be the one. It wasn't intended to razz Mecca, but he was clowning the Lakers draft picks and I just wanted to point out that given the history of these two teams - there is a greater chance that the Lakers goes back to the finals first in spite of the Clippers being the best chance. If he wants to clown on Russell, that's fine but at least Russell didn't break his hand while assaulting a professional employee for teasing him. That may have destroyed any chance the Clippers did have of going to the finals(not that I think they can beat the Warriors which I don't think they can)
i think you make some very fair points there.