• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers to screw the Rockets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah sure--- if Kyrie Irving was a Gary Payton like Defender hed be a top 5 player.... i just dont get the point. I mean- at this point those guys are what they are. Did anyone expect Harden and Howard to suddenly improve once they got to Houston that far into their careers? I mean- OBVIOUSLY harden went from being a very solid player to being a top 12 guy....im not sure how much more you couldve asked from him to be honest...

i just dont buy that this is like some huge dissapointment in Houston- i mean- its Dwight Howard and James Harden....NEVER would that combo with the middling crap they have around them did i expect or ever think theyd be an elite team....i give them major props for just making the WCF's.

The point is, if either of them were willing to work on and improve their weaknesses, they'd be much better players and the Rockets would be a much better team. Not sure what's so difficult to understand.

If Kyrie works on his defense, he'll likely become a top 5 player. Fortunately for him, he is still young enough to do what Harden and Howard have been unwilling to do. For the Cavs sake, you should hope he's smarter than Howard and Harden.

Also, the Rockets thought they could improve them, particularly Howard. When he came to the Rockets, he was supposedly going to work with Kevin McHale to improve his post game. Clearly, that never happened.

And again, had they been willing to do those things, they very likely could have been an elite team. They weren't, so they're not. It really is that simple.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are in serious trouble. If Jazz win tomorrow, which looks like they might, this loss to PHX is brutal. Houston fans have to be outraged.
I'm not. Screw it. The Rockets (38-41) don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Hell, they'd just get the shit swept out of them by the Warriors (70-9). They need to regroup for next season. Hey, they have Dwight Howard...oh, that doesn't help, does it?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a much greater reach Turing Kyrie Irving into a top 5 defender than it would be making Harden an average one.

85% of quality defense is effort and positioning. Quite literally any NBA player could be an average defender if they put in the time and energy. The problem is, too many guys choose not to. When I see a player like Harden who does not even pretend to try, it makes me sick to my stomach. He could still be very good in the right environment, but clearly Houston ain't it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston don't need the Clippers to screw them. They got The Curse of the Biebs to do that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets have really Fallen this year, got to think big changes are coming to that team this summer.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ROCKETS were never really a true Western Conference contender last season.
San Antonio and OKC were riddled with injuries all season long.

It kept OKC out altogether and forced SA into a very low seed when the Spurs finally got a bit healthy.
The Rockets took advantage of the Clippers-Spurs slugfest series in the first round....LAC was gassed.

Houston was never really a 2 seed last year.
They probably were more like a 6 seed in talent....but they took advantage of injury riddled Spurs/Thunder years.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. Screw it. The Rockets (38-41) don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Hell, they'd just get the shit swept out of them by the Warriors (70-9). They need to regroup for next season. Hey, they have Dwight Howard...oh, that doesn't help, does it?

As a Mavs fan, i would like to miss the playoffs this year and have a very small chance in the lottery. Actually, had a friend here and work come laugh at me because the Mavs are going to make it.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets screwed themselves by bringing two of the most selfish children in the league together on the same team. They won't win shit with either of those guys on the team, ever.

WCFs last year -- better than Spurs, OKC, Clips, etc. (but they look bad right now)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're intentionally doing it. They've been doing this off and on for a while now. They're locked in the 4 seed so they have nothing to play for
It's a smart thing to do and part of the business. Teams have learned to rest their star players when they can for a stronger playoff game and they don't owe it to the Rockets to go into the game and get beat up. It's up to Houston to win enough games to get their on their own merit

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a smart thing to do and part of the business. Teams have learned to rest their star players when they can for a stronger playoff game and they don't owe it to the Rockets to go into the game and get beat up. It's up to Houston to win enough games to get their on their own merit

I have absolutely no issue with what you posted. but I believe that this is because they would rather face the Jazz than the Rockets (assuming the world ends and somehow the 8th seed beats GS)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no issue with what you posted. but I believe that this is because they would rather face the Jazz than the Rockets (assuming the world ends and somehow the 8th seed beats GS)
I have no problem with that either to be honest - the idea is to get as far as you can and if you are the Clippers, you already know you won't be in the finals, so if you can manipulate a better spot and play an extra four games in the playoffs - That's good for their bank accounts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that can beat the Warriors in my opinion is the Spurs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, if either of them were willing to work on and improve their weaknesses, they'd be much better players and the Rockets would be a much better team. Not sure what's so difficult to understand.

If Kyrie works on his defense, he'll likely become a top 5 player. Fortunately for him, he is still young enough to do what Harden and Howard have been unwilling to do. For the Cavs sake, you should hope he's smarter than Howard and Harden.

Also, the Rockets thought they could improve them, particularly Howard. When he came to the Rockets, he was supposedly going to work with Kevin McHale to improve his post game. Clearly, that never happened.

And again, had they been willing to do those things, they very likely could have been an elite team. They weren't, so they're not. It really is that simple.

If they had been paying attention to the Lakers and Howard's statements when he left the Lakers - they would have known that wasn't going to happen. Coward very clearly stated that Kobe worked to hard for him and came to play the game and have fun. Winning a championship is for players that are willing to work and be serious

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet I could go to the worst puppy mill imaginable.

Yet, I'd never come across a bigger Bitch than you.
That might be true, but the biggest bitch of all time is still the Los Angeles Clippers who has and still is the Lakers little bitch - which is the reason you are bitter and jealous:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the year 2020 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title.
In the year 2025 - The Clippers will still be looking for their first championship title
In the year 2030......Well you get the picture