• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland Cavs vs Boston Celtics

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break. Cavs fans, especially Wiggy, have been on here talking shit all season long. Wiggy has gone so far as to make fun of and laugh at other teams injury issues (specifically the Cavs and Bulls). No one has said they hope any of the Cavs get hurt. All anyone has said is basically that they aren't going to feel sorry for the Cavs if Love is out long term. Just as I'm sure Cavs fans wouldn't be feeling sorry for the Bulls if they lost an important player on their team.

And calling for retaliation? Of course people are calling for retaliation, that's how it works. You do shit like Perkins and Smith did and people are going to call for retaliation. No one called for injury to any Cavs players, they just said that the Celtics should retaliate.

And before you say "they weren't calling for retaliation against Perkins." Of course not. The Celtics would pay the Cavs to keep Perkins in. Think about it. If the Celtics pulled Jonas Jerebko off of the end of their bench and told him to go clobber Lebron or Kyrie, would you want the Cavs to retaliate against Jerebko or against a player with the the same level of importance to the Celtics?

I agree with bks. If you don't like the non-Cavs fans on here, then go hide on the Cavs team board. Or grow a thicker skin, because with all of the shit that was thrown at Heat fans from 2010-2014 and all of the shit that gets thrown at Lakers fans, you're not going to get much sympathy on the main board.
Not only that - but retaliation is the only way to keep that crap under control. Those flagrant penalties are a joke to these players. They are likely to be more mindful of a retaliation play that leaves them out an entire season then they are some dumb ass fines.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that shit that gest thrown at Lakers fans? I cant remember the last time people were even talking about the Lakers besides the post where everyone that was not biased pretty much said Byron Scott is a mediocre-to lousy coach...

and the Heat did not even make the playoffs in the East after their fans called for them to be a top 4 seed- Ill find the posts where MULTIPLE people said they would be a top 4 seed if you like

The Cavs are going to face some adversity for the first time since January. They have probably at LEAST a week off before the series starts in Cleveland.

No Love means the offense is going to have to step up- but that the defense should get asmall lift. With the 2 best offensive players in the series they have the personnel to get it done if they play well. Rose is not going to shoot 45% from 3 like this last series.

AT least now Chicago fans wont whine about LeBron stacking his team when the Cavs win.

You're a moron then. You were one of the main one's talking shit about the Lakers before the season even started, so stfu with your bullshit. You're also about a gnat's pubic hair from being locked onto the Cavs team board. So your best bet is to drop your bullshit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will be lucky to get a contract period now. If he has a separated shoulder, I just don't seem him playing any more this season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics suck.

Id take the Bucks roster anyday.

Between all the first round picks, and role players the Celtics have- thy dont have one guy who will sniff an all star team- and they dont have one first round pick that projects to be anywhere close to the top 10, let alone a top 5 pick.

Parker and Giannis are All Star caliber players. Its what you need in the postseason. Both those guys will develop into the type of guys who can help a team win a playoff series eventually. Boston has ZERO of those guys and has very little means to get it. You think Kevin Love is going there now? HA

Boston got swept and got bitter about it.

What assets do they even have to trade? Who cares about getting the 17th pick in an NBA draft

I think the Cavs are going to develop a world-against us, chip on their shoulder mentality after this- and with Shumpert and Thompson likely moving into the starting lineup- their defense will be the best it has all season.
Cavs in 6 against Chicago - Chicago- who is a one or two Rose hot streaks away from being 2-2 agaisnt hte bucks without Parker.

On the radio driving home today I heard the announcer say no one in history that has shot 5 three pointers a game has shot a worse % than D Rose did this. Ever- In NBA history.

and now he is hitting 45% 13/26?

This puts all the pressure on Chicago now.

They suck but the Cavs didn't exactly wow anybody the way they played.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please- find even ONE post among all my posts where i make fun of the Heat because of Wade being injury prone

All that I have EVER SAID - is that LeBron skipped town in part because Wade is getting old, has knees that are not getting any better- and cant play anything close to a full season anymore.

When I posted that Wade thread it said

"Wade gets hurt without getting touched in Cavs game and is carried off"

If anyone can find one post where I alugh about Wade getting hurt or take pleasure in it- please find it and post it becuase it simply does not exist

The Cavs still have the best player on the floor, and the 2nd best player on the floor for the next series- and played well without Love- I think they win in 6 and this only HELPS the Cavs retain Love next year.

Nobody said that you wished injuries on players, but you certainly weren't disappointed, because your opinion is that was a main reason you got James back.

In others words, you didn't give a fuck that a player was injured because it worked in your best interest.

Same thing now applies with us. Nobody wished or cheered about the injury.
However, it's tough shit. Hopefully it helps contribute to your losing and a sumner filled with drama.

BTW, I heard there were many cheers from the Q today when Crowder went down.

So again, fuck the Cavs and their front running fans, and tough luck on you're probable loss.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston's main objective was to to revert to being the bums,as they were being dismantled & humiliated. If Cleveland had their usual starters play their usual minutes in the two games they played at the end of the year, the BUMS from Boston would've never made the playoffs. Their kid coach was heard at every time out to keep hacking the Cleveland players and he should be the one to answer for his tactics.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston's main objective was to to revert to being the bums,as they were being dismantled & humiliated. If Cleveland had their usual starters play their usual minutes in the two games they played at the end of the year, the BUMS from Boston would've never made the playoffs. Their kid coach was heard at every time out to keep hacking the Cleveland players and he should be the one to answer for his tactics.

Boston is not going anywhere. Eveyone that understands the NBA knows that. You can have as many mid-to-late first round picks as you want. They dont mean shit.

What matters is getting all star caliber players- and Boston has none of those- free agents have never gone there- not anyone on an all star level at least through free agency- the only way they ever get anyone there is via trade- and if a superstar is avaliable plenty of teams witll have better assets to trade- whether they are actual high draft picks, or actual young tlaent- instead of a bunch of mediocre nobodies.

The middle - especially the middle in the East- is the worst place to be in the NBA long term. Its exactly where Boston is and they are not going to win a plaqyoff series anytime soon.

When you are a team like the Bucks- with guys like Giannis and Parker- getting the playoffs and getting experience is a nice step forward

When you are the Celtics and really dont have one guy who is starter quality on a championship level team- getting to the playoffs and losing first round is pretty much the worst thing that caan occur for your team long term.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's doing a complete 360. He used to preach about building through the draft.

:pound:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that shit that gest thrown at Lakers fans? I cant remember the last time people were even talking about the Lakers besides the post where everyone that was not biased pretty much said Byron Scott is a mediocre-to lousy coach...

and the Heat did not even make the playoffs in the East after their fans called for them to be a top 4 seed- Ill find the posts where MULTIPLE people said they would be a top 4 seed if you like

The Cavs are going to face some adversity for the first time since January. They have probably at LEAST a week off before the series starts in Cleveland.

No Love means the offense is going to have to step up- but that the defense should get asmall lift. With the 2 best offensive players in the series they have the personnel to get it done if they play well. Rose is not going to shoot 45% from 3 like this last series.

AT least now Chicago fans wont whine about LeBron stacking his team when the Cavs win.

When Miami lost Bosh in the playoffs against Indy in 2012 Miami dropped 2 games in a row against an inferior Indy team. Miami lost Bosh in game 1.. then lost game 2 and game 3. It took Miami a few games to figure things out and Wade ended up scoring 99 points over games 4,5, and 6. In 2012 Miami was a playoff tested team. If Cavs take a few games to adjust without Love, you're sunk. Love spaces the floor well for the cavs starters. A lot of people gave Bosh crap for being the #3 of the big 3. Sort of like Love has dealt with this year. A lot of people also don't realize how well a shooting big man can open up lanes for 2 driving guys like wade/lebron or kyrie/lebron. If the shoulder popped out like was reported... he is finished for the playoffs. Tough break. Miami only lost bosh for about 10 games or so. Wish I could say I felt bad for the Cavs, but I don't. I do feel bad for Love though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith should get 3 to 5 games. That's a blatant elbow with intent to harm.

If he played against James vs with him, that would be the case.
For reference, look at the World Hate/ Harden video.
Very similar in style.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's doing a complete 360. He used to preach about building through the draft.

:pound:

nice of you to crawl out from under your rock.

and i am for building through the draft- but with high lotto picks.

not mid- to late first rounders.

you build with Kyrie Irving @ #1, not Jared Sullinger @21 or Kelly Olnky @15

you trade high lotto picks for all stars- not the pupu platter

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice of you to crawl out from under your rock.

and i am for building through the draft- but with high lotto picks.

not mid- to late first rounders.

you build with Kyrie Irving @ #1, not Jared Sullinger @21 or Kelly Olnky @15

you trade high lotto picks for all stars- not the pupu platter

Jordan Clarkson with a second round pick.

BOOM!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and- EXACTLY why we got Perk. If he gets suspended thats fine. As long as he is back to protect the team and send a message in case Chicago wants to get dirty.

I think all of this is going to give the Cavs and edge- and no matter how its framed- the Cavs still have the best player in the world- and the 2nd best player in the series on their team.

Cant wait until the first jump.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson with a second round pick.

BOOM!!!
Jordan Clarkson is not someone that changes your franchise- and of course- a tony parker comes around once in a while-

if you want to rely on a 5% chance that a guy totally out performs his draft position- thats fine.

But- as decent as a player as Clarkson is- he is not changing shit- he is a guy that helps the eventual guy that changes things.