• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland Cavs vs Boston Celtics

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perk and JR both should have been ejected.
jR was ejected and I think he will get a minimum of a one game suspension considering the injury. Perkins was only a flagrant one, but should have been ejected

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should make a rule after the game behind closed doors you can 1 on 1 fight it out.

JR wouldn't pull that shit know more. Whole Celts roster could beat that phony gang bangers ass.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if you have such an issue with non-Cavs fans on here, I suggest you make a thread on the Cleveland Cavs team page

Never said it was an issue, just giving my opinion on it, which is alot of what sports forums are about.

Obviously, there is a lot more interaction available on the general NBA forum than on any team's individual forum. I enjoy the dialogue with non-cavs fans, even when I think they're letting their feelings towards Lebron/Cavs shape their opinions on a particular incident.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, never hoped or wished for any injury.
I also didn't cause it.

Will I have fun with it, and make fun of it?
Absolutely.

Cavs fans here have dished it out all season.
You can't dispute that.
We took it like the grain of salt it was.

And classy?
Whatever?

No less classy then James making Riley fly to Vegas to make a puppet out of him vs just telling him that Gilbert made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Like I said, wished and hoped for all along.

Cavs can't win a title ( hopefully), and this makes it that much harder.

You and bk keep saying that Cavs fans have been dishing it out all season... when we all know you're talking about 1 specific poster. If you want to characterize an entire fanbase with 1 poster, go ahead I guess.

As for your line of not wishing for an injury but having fun with it when it happens... I guess thats fair. From my view, that is still out of bounds, but who am I to tell anyone else where the line should be.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jR was ejected and I think he will get a minimum of a one game suspension considering the injury. Perkins was only a flagrant one, but should have been ejected
He wasn't injured from the incident... he had a sprained knee, right? That's what they reported in-game at least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't injured from the incident... he had a sprained knee, right? That's what they reported in-game at least.

Barkley want him gone for 10 games lmao.....that cracked me up.

At most I can see 2 but it would just be 1 for me

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly me - I thought a sprained knee is an injury. What is a sprained knee then? chopsticks?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and bk keep saying that Cavs fans have been dishing it out all season... when we all know you're talking about 1 specific poster. If you want to characterize an entire fanbase with 1 poster, go ahead I guess.

As for your line of not wishing for an injury but having fun with it when it happens... I guess thats fair. From my view, that is still out of bounds, but who am I to tell anyone else where the line should be.

To be very clear.
I have nothing against Love.
Further, if not for James, and the Heat was out, I'd be rooting for the Cavs.

However, fact remains, and always will, I want James' rings to end at 2 and both say Heat.

Injuries are league wide, and are part of the game.

LeBron is ruthless to make sure he stacks the deck exactly how he wants it without considering anyone elses feeling.

That is fine. He owes nobody anything and its his career.

However, if the Gods of Karma choose this path, who are we to argue?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So If the Cavaliers lose before getting to the finals, does that mean Lebron will go home to his mommy crying again? - Just curious

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the Olynyk-Love incident got almost no on-air replay. Going back and looking at it... that's not a basketball play by Olynyk.

I certainly don't think he was trying dislocate his shoulder, or even injure him... but he has a hold of his off arm and is intentionally pulling on it.

Perk should've been ejected. JR is an idiot for doing that. I wish Love wouldn't have said what he did... even if he thinks it.

All that said, the one-sidedness of the cavs anti-fans on this thread is embarrassing (for them). Calling for retalliation while simultaneously criticizing the Cavs retalliation, hoping for injuries, making jokes about Love's injury... all very classy.

Give me a fucking break. Cavs fans, especially Wiggy, have been on here talking shit all season long. Wiggy has gone so far as to make fun of and laugh at other teams injury issues (specifically the Cavs and Bulls). No one has said they hope any of the Cavs get hurt. All anyone has said is basically that they aren't going to feel sorry for the Cavs if Love is out long term. Just as I'm sure Cavs fans wouldn't be feeling sorry for the Bulls if they lost an important player on their team.

And calling for retaliation? Of course people are calling for retaliation, that's how it works. You do shit like Perkins and Smith did and people are going to call for retaliation. No one called for injury to any Cavs players, they just said that the Celtics should retaliate.

And before you say "they weren't calling for retaliation against Perkins." Of course not. The Celtics would pay the Cavs to keep Perkins in. Think about it. If the Celtics pulled Jonas Jerebko off of the end of their bench and told him to go clobber Lebron or Kyrie, would you want the Cavs to retaliate against Jerebko or against a player with the the same level of importance to the Celtics?

I agree with bks. If you don't like the non-Cavs fans on here, then go hide on the Cavs team board. Or grow a thicker skin, because with all of the shit that was thrown at Heat fans from 2010-2014 and all of the shit that gets thrown at Lakers fans, you're not going to get much sympathy on the main board.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me....I was extremely proud of their effort.....For a sub .500 team with no superstars to be in every game against a team made up of superstars and stars, who chose to go to that team to have a chance to win a title , to battle like that was outstanding....The Celtics future is bright......Lebron however, will always be remembered as a player who needed a bunch of stars to win a title...

Even as a Lakers fan, I was very impressed with the Celtics effort.

*throws up a little in mouth*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a poster wish injury/make a fun of injuries about your favorite team, why should we give a damn about Cleveland injuries? Seriously

Wiggy made a thread laughing about Wade getting hurt vs Cleveland.

It is something called karma

I don't wish injuries on anyone but I won't act all concern about their injuries when a Cleveland fan been making fun of Miami injuries from November-April

please- find even ONE post among all my posts where i make fun of the Heat because of Wade being injury prone

All that I have EVER SAID - is that LeBron skipped town in part because Wade is getting old, has knees that are not getting any better- and cant play anything close to a full season anymore.

When I posted that Wade thread it said

"Wade gets hurt without getting touched in Cavs game and is carried off"

If anyone can find one post where I alugh about Wade getting hurt or take pleasure in it- please find it and post it becuase it simply does not exist

The Cavs still have the best player on the floor, and the 2nd best player on the floor for the next series- and played well without Love- I think they win in 6 and this only HELPS the Cavs retain Love next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break. Cavs fans, especially Wiggy, have been on here talking shit all season long. Wiggy has gone so far as to make fun of and laugh at other teams injury issues (specifically the Cavs and Bulls). No one has said they hope any of the Cavs get hurt. All anyone has said is basically that they aren't going to feel sorry for the Cavs if Love is out long term. Just as I'm sure Cavs fans wouldn't be feeling sorry for the Bulls if they lost an important player on their team.

And calling for retaliation? Of course people are calling for retaliation, that's how it works. You do shit like Perkins and Smith did and people are going to call for retaliation. No one called for injury to any Cavs players, they just said that the Celtics should retaliate.

And before you say "they weren't calling for retaliation against Perkins." Of course not. The Celtics would pay the Cavs to keep Perkins in. Think about it. If the Celtics pulled Jonas Jerebko off of the end of their bench and told him to go clobber Lebron or Kyrie, would you want the Cavs to retaliate against Jerebko or against a player with the the same level of importance to the Celtics?

I agree with bks. If you don't like the non-Cavs fans on here, then go hide on the Cavs team board. Or grow a thicker skin, because with all of the shit that was thrown at Heat fans from 2010-2014 and all of the shit that gets thrown at Lakers fans, you're not going to get much sympathy on the main board.

all that shit that gest thrown at Lakers fans? I cant remember the last time people were even talking about the Lakers besides the post where everyone that was not biased pretty much said Byron Scott is a mediocre-to lousy coach...

and the Heat did not even make the playoffs in the East after their fans called for them to be a top 4 seed- Ill find the posts where MULTIPLE people said they would be a top 4 seed if you like

The Cavs are going to face some adversity for the first time since January. They have probably at LEAST a week off before the series starts in Cleveland.

No Love means the offense is going to have to step up- but that the defense should get asmall lift. With the 2 best offensive players in the series they have the personnel to get it done if they play well. Rose is not going to shoot 45% from 3 like this last series.

AT least now Chicago fans wont whine about LeBron stacking his team when the Cavs win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics suck.

Id take the Bucks roster anyday.

Between all the first round picks, and role players the Celtics have- thy dont have one guy who will sniff an all star team- and they dont have one first round pick that projects to be anywhere close to the top 10, let alone a top 5 pick.

Parker and Giannis are All Star caliber players. Its what you need in the postseason. Both those guys will develop into the type of guys who can help a team win a playoff series eventually. Boston has ZERO of those guys and has very little means to get it. You think Kevin Love is going there now? HA

Boston got swept and got bitter about it.

What assets do they even have to trade? Who cares about getting the 17th pick in an NBA draft

I think the Cavs are going to develop a world-against us, chip on their shoulder mentality after this- and with Shumpert and Thompson likely moving into the starting lineup- their defense will be the best it has all season.
Cavs in 6 against Chicago - Chicago- who is a one or two Rose hot streaks away from being 2-2 agaisnt hte bucks without Parker.

On the radio driving home today I heard the announcer say no one in history that has shot 5 three pointers a game has shot a worse % than D Rose did this. Ever- In NBA history.

and now he is hitting 45% 13/26?

This puts all the pressure on Chicago now.