• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemens class act

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can Sam learn leadership? Sure I guess. The quiet guys lead by example. Pujols was one of those guys. But he went out and put the team on his back for years. Bradford was brought in young and given all the money in the world. When you're given the keys to the porsche without doing anything, many times the guy behind you is hungrier. He wants that contract. And Clemens wants to prove he's no fluke 2nd rounder from Oregon.

AND he's getting better. LOL IS he good? I don't know, he doesn't look great.. but you all watched the game yesterday. And how you can say he didn't make some good throws is beyond me.

It certainly makes me wonder who the haters are. Because it wasn't ever really a close game. Clemens and the offense put together some good drives. Period.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH IT'S A MIRACLE!!

The O-line suddenly has their game face on and the RBs are ballin, the WRs are catching balls.

LOLOL Maybe there is a thing called LEADERSHIP in this game of football!???

Go show me a stat for bringing Leadership to the table!

Well said brother...well said!!
So ksudodgers, are you telling me that changing the offensive philosophy has nothing to do with the turnaround? :noidea: I just wonder if you're just giving shit or if you truly believe this shit.:doh:

Either way it's shit:laugh3:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the change again? How do you know of a certain offensive scheme change?

I heard that Fisher pressed the reset button before JAX, when the players were expecting an ass chewing. And it's not like we lit up Jax either. But an offensive scheme huh?

Were you in on this Vita? :)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know!! The OC who was once the bad guy, is now the good guy? HE is the reason our offense has been so bad and now good. OK.

OH IT'S A MIRACLE!!

The O-line suddenly has their game face on and the RBs are ballin, the WRs are catching balls.

The Scheme was the reason! It was the Scheme all along, not Bradford!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the change again? How do you know of a certain offensive scheme change?

I heard that Fisher pressed the reset button before JAX, when the players were expecting an ass chewing. And it's not like we lit up Jax either. But an offensive scheme huh?

Were you in on this Vita? :)
Yes, I was there! :nod: :lol:

Man junkie, alls you need to do is look at the game film.

Look at the offensive sets. Are we spread out in the first five games?

Are we still in that spread offense in the last 6?

Were the tight ends lining up close to the Tackles in the first 5? How about the last 6?

Did you see a FB in the back field with the RB in the first 5 have you seen one in the last 6?

Pretty simple stuff SJ, but if that's not enough, go back and listen to some of the pressers from Jeff and Shottz.

They talk all about it, when they moved from the spread and how they were trying to be something they thought they were but found out the hard way they were not.

It's all there but if one is set on looking the other way there's nothing I can do to enlighten you.

You know Junkie, I've always been a middle of the road guy whomever our QB has been. Never thought the guys behind center were either the man or the chump.

I had some problems with Kurt for God's sake!

Big problems with Bulger, for much of the same reasons you state about Sam.

There have only been 11 first ballot HOF QB's ever, none of the Rams. That said we most likely have several (Surely Brady, P. Manning & Brees) in the league right now.

That makes the QB comparisons kind of tough and keeps our expectations IMO unrealistically high. I feel I'm a little more level headed with Sam, I know you think otherwise but he's has potential to take us to and win the SB and that's all I really want from our QB.

Who the heck knows, maybe Kellen can get it done on the right team, he certainly is 'as good' as Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson however is the rest of the Rams team as good as the Ravens or Buccaneers respectively?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some problems with Kurt for God's sake!

That's blashphemy! Is that how you spell blashphemy?

I haven't listen to much from Fisher or Schotty. Been hella busy. I do watch the games, follow a few things in between.

All I am saying is: we have CHANGED EVERYTHING the past 4 years besides QB. And now all of a sudden, the QB is new and our offense clicks? And it's a miracle. And I don't think it was ALL Schotty early in the season either. I think Bradford checks down a hell of alot in games! I see it. I do have short term memory and I remember Tavon being on the field a little more than he is now. AND I know we are running the ball with more success now. But I can't recall formations now compared to 4-5 games ago. LOL

And I do think Sam is very much like Bulger. I think Bulger was a little quicker in his reads, but he was 28. Maybe Sam needs some competition. But when I look at him in that pocket for years now, he does NOT look comfortable, he doesn't make reads fast enough, and he can't seem to get out of a collapsing pocket to save his life! So NO I don't think he's anywhere near being a Super Bowl QB.

Get ahold of yourself. :suds: The guy hasn't even laced them up for a playoff game yet and you think he's going to bring it home against the best Defenses in the League? He's done squat so far against top tiered Defense in his career. How do you think he will just flip the switch?

This is where you all lose me.

Last edited by a moderator:

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, Vita. Don't get ahead of yourself. Clemens is in the same ballpark as Dilfer - but I don't think we are going to have the 2000 Ravens defense any time soon.

He's nowhere near Brad Johnson, who was a Pro Bowl QB BEFORE he went to Tampa and won his ring (1999 Redskins). His SB year he had a 60% completion rate (that would be 65% with the no defense allowed rules we are seeing now), 22 TDs, 6 pics, with a 1.3% interception rate.

I agree with the rest - we've adjusted our O considerably, and are playing better for a multitude of reasons. Maybe one of them is Clemens leadership, I don't know, I'm not in the huddle.

But saying its simply because its not Bradford in there is complete BS, as you are well aware. He does quite a few things better than Clemens by any sane interpretation of his career.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know!! The OC who was once the bad guy, is now the good guy? HE is the reason our offense has been so bad and now good. OK.

OH IT'S A MIRACLE!!

The Scheme was the reason! It was the Scheme all along, not Bradford!
Sure, haven't you seen LB's flourish in the 4-3 and suck in the 3-4?

Scheme has a lot to do with a team success. How else can you explain the worst to first (Well prior to the last two games) Chiefs? Pretty much same talent, different scheme.

Sam had a very different game v Jacksonville and Houston.

We had an average of 36.4 pass attempts in the first 5 games, in the next 3 games that Sam played the Rams averaged 28.7 pass attempts and the Rams averaged even less since but through the Jax game till now 27.1.

That's a HUGE difference when talking average attempts per game and depicts a change in scheme.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs? Pretty much same talent, different scheme.

+ Alex Smith and a LT #2 overall draft pick Eric Fisher on offense. Easier schedule. New Coach.

Sure, haven't you seen LB's flourish in the 4-3 and suck in the 3-4?

I'll give you this, but that's a big time scheme change. And it's on defense.

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are evaluating Bradford based on his talent level. He'd be winning these games just as easily, QUOTE]

I have dispute this comments. Bradford would not be winning these games just as easily because he was afriad or wasn't trusted to make those downfield passes like Clemens has been.

Bradford was so used to his security blanket in Amendola that he got so used to 5 and 7 yard dinks it became a norm with him.

I have seen Clemens make some great plays these past few weeks that Sammy Boy wouldn't or couldn't he Sammy would have taken a sack instead of run and try to elude the D.

If Clemens takes the RAMS to a possible Playoff Birth, well then let the conversation start on how really good is SB.

Just my opinion, but I really hope Sammy Boy sees the way the RAMS have responded to Clemens and he Pulls his Head out of his A$$ for next season, because for being the No.1 overall pick, he sure as hell hasn't played like one.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But saying its simply because its not Bradford in there is complete BS.

First time we change QBs after we have changed EVERYTHING else and it's just a coincidence our offense is clicking and in rythmn? Sometimes new blood, fresh attitude works wonders.

And Yes Leadership is a pretty big attribute.

But what do I know, I'm just a Bradford hating troll that degrades women and likes vaginas. :10:

Last edited by a moderator:

demiurge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And today from ESPN's coverage of the Rams:

Run game rolling: Immediate following the Rams' blowout loss to San Francisco in Week 4, coach Jeff Fisher made it clear the time had come for a philosophical shift for the offense. The idea was to develop some semblance of a reliable rushing attack with rookie Zac Stacy leading the charge.

After a promising start, the Rams' run game has gone to another level in the past four weeks. Capped by Sunday's 258 rushing yards, the Rams have run for 758 yards with six touchdowns on an average of 5.61 yards per carry. That average is the best in the league during that time frame. Without starting quarterback Sam Bradford, the run game's emergence has eased the burden on backup Kellen Clemens considerably.

But hey, these are just statistics. Meaningless!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Especially where it says without Sam Bradford.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's blashphemy! Is that how you spell blashphemy?

I haven't listen to much from Fisher or Schotty. Been hella busy. I do watch the games, follow a few things in between.

All I am saying is: we have CHANGED EVERYTHING the past 4 years besides QB. And now all of a sudden, the QB is new and our offense clicks? And it's a miracle. And I don't think it was ALL Schotty early in the season either. I think Bradford checks down a hell of alot in games! I see it. I do have short term memory and I remember Tavon being on the field a little more than he is now. AND I know we are running the ball with more success now. But I can't recall formations now compared to 4-5 games ago. LOL

And I do think Sam is very much like Bulger. I think Bulger was a little quicker in his reads, but he was 28. Maybe Sam needs some competition. But when I look at him in that pocket for years now, he does NOT look comfortable, he doesn't make reads fast enough, and he can't seem to get out of a collapsing pocket to save his life! So NO I don't think he's anywhere near being a Super Bowl QB.

Get ahold of yourself. :suds: The guy hasn't even laced them up for a playoff game yet and you think he's going to bring it home against the best Defenses in the League? He's done squat so far against top tiered Defense in his career. How do you think he will just flip the switch?

This is where you all lose me.
Okay one of your better post junkie! :suds: This is true, he hasn't however he did face one of the better defenses in the league when we clobbered the Texans. Yes they fell apart since however they were/are No. 1 vs the pass and at the time top 5 vs the run. We didn't crack a 100 yards rushing in that game yet won it big. That, whether you want to admit it or not was Sam facing a top ranked defense. You know, sometimes top ranked defenses don't win. Thus is the case with Houston.

Also I never said he will 'flip the switch'. Remember I'm the guy who puts stock in the team and wants a quality guy behind center. I've said all along, this Rams team will need time to mature, they are the youngest team in the league for two years straight, however have one of the better coaching staffs in the NFL, as much as I complain about them. :lol:

Whoa, Vita. Don't get ahead of yourself. Clemens is in the same ballpark as Dilfer - but I don't think we are going to have the 2000 Ravens defense any time soon.

He's nowhere near Brad Johnson, who was a Pro Bowl QB BEFORE he went to Tampa and won his ring (1999 Redskins). His SB year he had a 60% completion rate (that would be 65% with the no defense allowed rules we are seeing now), 22 TDs, 6 pics, with a 1.3% interception rate.

I agree with the rest - we've adjusted our O considerably, and are playing better for a multitude of reasons. Maybe one of them is Clemens leadership, I don't know, I'm not in the huddle.

But saying its simply because its not Bradford in there is complete BS, as you are well aware. He does quite a few things better than Clemens by any sane interpretation of his career.
demiurge, that was my point! If we had the team around Clemens or Sam it would be a much different story to date, however Sam took over the worst team in sports history over a 5 year span!!!.... I'm gonna let that last sentence sink in for a minute.....I think we all choose to forget that fact.

My point here is Sam can be that game manager that Fisher wants. He is a ground and pound smash mouth defense kind of guy any how. He is getting the team he wants and has the QB he needs to get to the SB IMO. Sure Sam hasn't played a playoff game but neither did Steve Mc Nair before he laced 'em up. And that dude was a Super Bowl QB!

We all need to let Jeff Fisher do what he does and sit back and be patient and in a few seasons with him at the helm, we will all be a lot happier, regardless who is at the QB spot!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-You know why Kellen Clemens was good?
Because WRs got open and caught passes.

-You know how WRs got open and caught passes?
Because the line protection gave them time to.

-You know how the line protection gave them time to?
Because the RBs kept the Bears from pinning their ears back.

-You know how the RBs kept the Bears D from pinning their ears back?
They forced them to focus on Stacy, Cunningham AND the WR/TEs.

-You know why they had to focus on Stacy, Cunningham AND the WR/TEs?
Because Kellen Clemens was good.

...repeat until game is over with the Rams in the "W" column.

Execution... execution... EXECUTION!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a promising start, the Rams' run game has gone to another level in the
past four weeks. Capped by Sunday's 258 rushing yards, the Rams have run for 758
yards with six touchdowns on an average of 5.61 yards per carry. That average is
the best in the league during that time frame. Without starting quarterback Sam
Bradford, the run game's emergence has eased the burden on backup Kellen Clemens
considerably.

But hey, these are just statistics.
Meaningless!

Let's look at the other side of the coin shall we? If we are going to look at stats...

Clemens:
16.7 yards per completion (not much dinking and dunking, not many checkdowns)
Clemens downfield attempts keeps the defense off the LOS.
He audibles into running plays (10 yards per carry for the backs yesterday).

Yes, his QB activity (decision making on where to throw the ball, audibiling, extending plays while always looking downfield to pass rather than checking down at the first hint of pressure) - were all major factors yesterday.

And THAT is something your stats cannot track. Clemens is making good calls and extending plays as well, along with not checking down 50 times a game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-You know why Kellen Clemens was good?
Because WRs got open and caught passes.

-You know how WRs got open and caught passes?
Because the line protection gave them time to.

-You know how the line protection gave them time to?
Because the RBs kept the Bears from pinning their ears back.

-You know how the RBs kept the Bears D from pinning their ears back?
They forced them to focus on Stacy, Cunningham AND the WR/TEs.

-You know why they had to focus on Stacy, Cunningham AND the WR/TEs?
Because Kellen Clemens was good.

...repeat until game is over with the Rams in the "W" column.

LMAO

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Especially where it says without Sam Bradford.
Ummm, it's says week FOUR.

That was with Sam.

The comment about without same Bradford was about the emergence of the running game.

You know just because you change things doesn't mean you are going to effect change right away.

They gotten much better at running the ball since they made their offensive scheme change.

Let's not discount that part now junkie!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay one of your better post junkie!
occasion14.gif

This is true, he hasn't however he did face one of the better defenses in the
league when we clobbered the Texans. Yes they fell apart since however they
were/are No. 1 vs the pass and at the time top 5 vs the run. We didn't crack a
100 yards rushing in that game yet won it big. That, whether you want to admit
it or not was Sam facing a top ranked defense. You know, sometimes top ranked
defenses don't win. Thus is the case with Houston.

1 ST TD. 1 Defensive TD. 3 short TD's by Sam - 2 after turnovers/ they weren't special long drives at all. Yeah the Texans fell apart.

Jacksonville just beat them. The Texans are looking at a top 5 pick because they suck so bad. C'mon man get it together! :suds: