• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clean slates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you understand, SFNL. RobBase has the trigger-happy mods under his thumb. He threatened to kick my ass if I didn't ban whoever he says, so now I just do it to protect myself. Anyone who disagrees with Rob or the mods will be banned. We're like that here.

I will drown you in a pool of homemade salsa and use your head as a my centerpiece at my next Cinco De Mayo party, surrounding it will tasty red and blue tortilla chips. Pats colors, beeeotch!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you understand, SFNL. RobBase has the trigger-happy mods under his thumb. He threatened to kick my ass if I didn't ban whoever he says, so now I just do it to protect myself. Anyone who disagrees with Rob or the mods will be banned. We're like that here.

hey you must have sent that memo when I was on vacation ..cause I didnt get it damn it

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually what I understand is, the mods are looking at 2 posts from Rob one from Mebert and saying he enticed this. I screw with Rob as much as he screws with me. When he offers to fight me I laugh and move on. Rob brings a lot good material and insight to our board. Rob has posted since yesterday with straight forward questions. Good stuff! However the body of work since the poll BS. He has thrown out a lot of bait. Some guys just can't resist.

Seems with the posts yesterday a guy would see you backing Rob. Then this post is just as childish and enticing as what we were told to stop doing. You are the highest power here Hammer. To me bad choice of mocking a situation. So now if I get banned for 24 or whatever for giving a opinion on a post not Lions related That last sentence of yours will ring true!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to get people to follow orders and stop with the bullshit is to poke and bait them into doing it more. Doesn't make any sense. If you mods actually want it to stop, it will. I didn't even read this thread after page one until I saw bright colors constantly showing up as the most recent post. Have your fun fellas.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one know they dont let mods get away with shit here....captobvious edited a post i had last year and twisted my words around to make what i said into what HE wanted me to say...and was boasting how he was the threads mod.....i know hammer didnt let that shit fly....last i seen capteditobvious is longgggg gonnnnne

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what I understand is, the mods are looking at 2 posts from Rob one from Mebert and saying he enticed this. I screw with Rob as much as he screws with me. When he offers to fight me I laugh and move on. Rob brings a lot good material and insight to our board. Rob has posted since yesterday with straight forward questions. Good stuff! However the body of work since the poll BS. He has thrown out a lot of bait. Some guys just can't resist.

Seems with the posts yesterday a guy would see you backing Rob. Then this post is just as childish and enticing as what we were told to stop doing. You are the highest power here Hammer. To me bad choice of mocking a situation. So now if I get banned for 24 or whatever for giving a opinion on a post not Lions related That last sentence of yours will ring true!

First part is absolutely correct. At this point now I've had some PM exchanges with a few posters and have a much better idea for how we got to this point. As I've said in my responses, we'll keep an eye on how things progress but I'm sure that most parties involved probably know this.

As for the second part... LOL. You kinda have to take HammerDown with a grain of salt. What could seem childish to some is merely his sarcastic sense of humor. Not many site admins mix it up like he does, makes for a unique and fun board IMO. He's definitely got a lot more on his plate than the supermods do, so I can understand what he was saying there. We just do the best we can with the time we have on a volunteer basis for him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part is absolutely correct. At this point now I've had some PM exchanges with a few posters and have a much better idea for how we got to this point. As I've said in my responses, we'll keep an eye on how things progress but I'm sure that most parties involved probably know this.

As for the second part... LOL. You kinda have to take HammerDown with a grain of salt. What could seem childish to some is merely his sarcastic sense of humor. Not many site admins mix it up like he does, makes for a unique and fun board IMO. He's definitely got a lot more on his plate than the supermods do, so I can understand what he was saying there. We just do the best we can with the time we have on a volunteer basis for him.

Props for that one- I assumed you guy were paid professionals moonlighting on here when not at your regular jobs. Not too many people would volunteer those kind of hours...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wish this thread would go away, I lost my temper and regret it.

I know we don't agree a lot Rob, but you didn't deserve the response I gave. I will keep it cordial.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props for that one- I assumed you guy were paid professionals moonlighting on here when not at your regular jobs. Not too many people would volunteer those kind of hours...

:laugh3: Wow.. really? Man.... My girl would absolutely love it if I got paid to ignore her at night.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hence my sensitivity to criticism of the mods. There are people doing things behind the scenes that are tedious and thankless and I will admit to getting bent out of shape when they get criticized. We've had a mod or two in the past that thought it was funny to mistreat people; they're not around anymore.

That said, we've decided to hire RobBase as the Official SportsHoopla bouncer. Any unnecessary criticism of the mods and violence will be visited upon you, Lions fan or not. :laugh:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence my sensitivity to criticism of the mods. There are people doing things behind the scenes that are tedious and thankless and I will admit to getting bent out of shape when they get criticized. We've had a mod or two in the past that thought it was funny to mistreat people; they're not around anymore.

That said, we've decided to hire RobBase as the Official SportsHoopla bouncer. Any unnecessary criticism of the mods and violence will be visited upon you, Lions fan or not. :laugh:
Does he get paid double time for hanging around the Lions board?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused as hell. Someone explain to me what is going on. Seemed to me some mods were taking sides others were saying everyone needs to cut out the bullshit. I'll be the first to to admit the personal attacks, trolling posts, and randomly dragging one threads dumb shit into every thread derails potentially good Lions football discussions. I'm certainly guilty of all that as well as some others. The question I suppose comes down to are we all being told to knock it off or some of us? And I'm not trying to stir up shit with any mod or poster. Just want to know if we are all on the same page. Getting back to football. I'd feel a lot better knowing we are all being held to the same standard.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused as hell. Someone explain to me what is going on. Seemed to me some mods were taking sides others were saying everyone needs to cut out the bullshit. I'll be the first to to admit the personal attacks, trolling posts, and randomly dragging one threads dumb shit into every thread derails potentially good Lions football discussions. I'm certainly guilty of all that as well as some others. The question I suppose comes down to are we all being told to knock it off or some of us? And I'm not trying to stir up shit with any mod or poster. Just want to know if we are all on the same page. Getting back to football. I'd feel a lot better knowing we are all being held to the same standard.

IMO not trolling when you post or start real threads on your teams board. Trolloing to me is going elsewhere like the Bears board ( Peter G) ring a bell? Kreton there are posts of Rob being warned also...we all know this is the question here. I stated my opinion earlier and moving on. The future holds the answer to your question.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda wish this thread would go away, I lost my temper and regret it.

I know we don't agree a lot Rob, but you didn't deserve the response I gave. I will keep it cordial.

Apology accepted. :suds:

I have also been asked to apologize and state my regrets. I have decided to best sum up my feelings with a video.

[YOUTUBE]EKn-zSOetm4[/YOUTUBE]

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are all apologizing and getting back to football then all is well

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 Masters Degrees and haven't grossed less than six figures in years. What do you do, and what does your W2 look like?

I also just earned a 10k bonus yesterday for my 2013 performance. You ever get a bonus like that, Max?

My bonus was 4x yours this year, apparently. Bought a Lacrosse with it net of tax because I'm cheap and don't want to waste money on a car. If you really make 6 figures you would get a hell of a lot more than $10k as a bonus unless you're lying. From your appearance at the Whirlyball I place you as a $30k per year button-pusher if you're lucky.

Also call BS on two 'masters degrees'. You simply don't write well enough or reason well enough for that.

This is the internet so bragging about real life makes you an even bigger douchebag if that's possible, but having met you I know I am your superior in every possible way.

Now, as to the other challenges: When you honor the 'two defensive FA signings at average salaries of $6MM or more' av bet you lost come talk to me. Nobody makes bets with welchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.