• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claiborne

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought Newman was a great player until I watched clay- burn play

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry there was nothing about Newman that was near all-pro.

Where did you read that I said Newman was all-pro? I said he was a probowl caliber player, and he was, having been selected twice.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that I said Newman was all-pro? I said he was a probowl caliber player, and he was, having been selected twice.[/quot

I can name a lot of players that were a joke to be on the pro-bowl team. Newman on the pro bowl team means nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that I said Newman was all-pro? I said he was a probowl caliber player, and he was, having been selected twice.[/quot

I can name a lot of players that were a joke to be on the pro-bowl team. Newman on the pro bowl team means nothing.

Your personal opinion of the probowl selection process aside, you have to at least be of above average quality and reputation to be considered. To say Morris Claiborne is any where near the player Newman was is a total joke. The comparison is not valid.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your personal opinion of the probowl selection process aside, you have to at least be of above average quality and reputation to be considered. To say Morris Claiborne is any where near the player Newman was is a total joke. The comparison is not valid.

Newman top 10 pick underachieved. Claiborne top 10 pick underachieved. There's your valid comparison. Most people know that the pro bowl selection is a joke. Roy Williams made it many times lol

Last edited by a moderator:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Ken Hamlin , Andre Gurard and Miles Hamstring Austin made the pro bowl LOL

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman top 10 pick underachieved. Claiborne top 10 pick underachieved. There's your valid comparison. Most people know that the pro bowl selection is a joke. Roy Williams made it many times lol

Newman may have underachieved according to some, but at the end of the day Newman was a solid player for a good 4-5 years for Dallas. Claiborne is absolute garbage, and not at all capable of holding down a starting job in the NFL.

It's funny how people forget how good Roy Williams was when he was playing SS next to a capable FS (Darren Woodson). It wasn't until Woodson retired and Dallas stuck Williams back at FS that he started to suck. But when Roy was playing SS up in the box he was very good, and totally deserving of those pro-bowls.

A lot of people on here have very selective memories when trying to make a point (valid or not). Feel free to ignore the facts if it helps make your argument...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman may have underachieved according to some, but at the end of the day Newman was a solid player for a good 4-5 years for Dallas. Claiborne is absolute garbage, and not at all capable of holding down a starting job in the NFL.

It's funny how people forget how good Roy Williams was when he was playing SS next to a capable FS (Darren Woodson). It wasn't until Woodson retired and Dallas stuck Williams back at FS that he started to suck. But when Roy was playing SS up in the box he was very good, and totally deserving of those pro-bowls.

A lot of people on here have very selective memories when trying to make a point (valid or not). Feel free to ignore the facts if it helps make your argument...

Claiborne is garbage and following in the footsteps of Mike Jenkins. Another overrated worthless piece of crap that the Cowboys were wrong about.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Ken Hamlin , Andre Gurard and Miles Hamstring Austin made the pro bowl LOL

Austin was deserving in 2009. Gurode, think what you want of the guys intelligence, but he was a beast in the mid 2000's and especially in 2007. Ken Hamlin is the only one you mentioned who was not deserving at any time, he caught a ride on the Cowboys gravy train making the probowl in 2007.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Roy was an absolute monster his first couple of years. Plucked him from the draft, threw him in the cup and BAM we had tang. I still have a Roy Williams throwback jersey. I didn't really notice that Woodson's departure was the same exact time he started to suck though, interesting. I remember he showed up overweight and out of shape consistently and all of a sudden he didn't want to hit anyone -and he was one of the most feared safetys in the league, in my mind.I've always kinda wondered what was going on at that time, I hope he writes a book someday. It was like he stepped into the twilight zone.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Roy was an absolute monster his first couple of years. Plucked him from the draft, threw him in the cup and BAM we had tang. I still have a Roy Williams throwback jersey. I didn't really notice that Woodson's departure was the same exact time he started to suck though, interesting. I remember he showed up overweight and out of shape consistently and all of a sudden he didn't want to hit anyone -and he was one of the most feared safetys in the league, in my mind.I've always kinda wondered what was going on at that time, I hope he writes a book someday. It was like he stepped into the twilight zone.

Roy was a beast for us. I see no reason to hate on the man. He talent dropped when the NFL made the horse collar rule, and I remember he had just found religion and said he WAS playing the game for the wrong reason.

Please font take this as me being anti - religious. Just that it seemed to affect Roys play.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're right, Roy didnt fall off a cliff when Woodson retired. But Roy's play was notably worse when he was moved into the deep secondary. The horse collar rule definitely had an effect on him as well. I think by the time he showed up out of shape that last year or two, the writing was already on the wall and Roy had not been a good player for a little while at that point.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy was a beast for us. I see no reason to hate on the man. He talent dropped when the NFL made the horse collar rule, and I remember he had just found religion and said he WAS playing the game for the wrong reason.

Please font take this as me being anti - religious. Just that it seemed to affect Roys play.

Agree. Man Roy did put the hurting on a few players(not horse-collar related). Of course, even the hits he used to put on folks would probably result in a penalty now. Those were good times though.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Man Roy did put the hurting on a few players(not horse-collar related). Of course, even the hits he used to put on folks would probably result in a penalty now. Those were good times though.

Roy was a ton of fun to watch his first 4-5 years in the league. He was definitely among the most feared defenders in the game. He was an All-Pro. Think what you want about the pro-bowl selections, but they don't give out All-Pro to just anybody.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy was a ton of fun to watch his first 4-5 years in the league. He was definitely among the most feared defenders in the game. He was an All-Pro. Think what you want about the pro-bowl selections, but they don't give out All-Pro to just anybody.
When Woodson left the line up Roy looked lost. Roy was (way) overrated IMO. He was a hitter, but that was it as far as I am concerned.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Woodson left the line up Roy looked lost. Roy was (way) overrated IMO. He was a hitter, but that was it as far as I am concerned.

I agree with you mostly. Roy was definitely not suited to patrol the deep secondary. He was excellent playing in the box, though.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy was a beast when he was basically used as an extra lb. He did force turnovers and was always fun to see him blast someone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy was like a large majority of NFL players.....if they are used properly, meaning as their talent dictates in the right system, they can be effective. When the Cowboys tried to turn him into Ed Reed, they ruined him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy was like a large majority of NFL players.....if they are used properly, meaning as their talent dictates in the right system, they can be effective. When the Cowboys tried to turn him into Ed Reed, they ruined him

Opinions very but I think it had a lot more to do with the horse collar rule than how they tried to use him.