• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clady traded to Jets

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that will free up some cap space for Broncos.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Clady and a 7th for a 5th? I'm sure some will say it was a fair trade, but the Jets come out in front IMO.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver got hosed unless their is some injury issue not disclosed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were bound to cut him for cap reasons. They did well to get something for him. Isn't Clady coming off his second ACL? Making about 10 million this year. I think the Jets got hosed unless they can get Clady to cut his salary in half.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were bound to cut him for cap reasons. They did well to get something for him. Isn't Clady coming off his second ACL? Making about 10 million this year. I think the Jets got hosed unless they can get Clady to cut his salary in half.
Reports are Clady is willing to renegotiate his contract and talks between him and the Jets about this have already taken place.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are Clady is willing to renegotiate his contract and talks between him and the Jets about this have already taken place.
Just saw Clady agreed to 6 million, with a chance of making a bit more. Also includes a 10 million option for next year. Now that's a good deal for the Jets even if it means he's a one year rental. Only 3 million guarantee.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit. Why didn't we make a move for him.

Oh well. Jets could make out like gangbusters with this deal

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the Seahawks are looking to build a young OL thru the draft it appears.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Clady agreed to 6 million, with a chance of making a bit more. Also includes a 10 million option for next year. Now that's a good deal for the Jets even if it means he's a one year rental. Only 3 million guarantee.

I'm surprised Clady agreed to that deal, he could have held his guns and the deal probably wouldn't have happened.... Then he could have negotiated with anyone once he was cut. I know Baltimore was looking at him, don't know how interested but he was on their radar....I'm sure his health issues are a factor in any deal, maybe he figured he couldn't do any better elsewhere...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, Clady makes Okung look like an Ironman.

If they were willing to pay him 6, I'd be pissed that they weren't willing to pay Okung 9.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Clady agreed to that deal, he could have held his guns and the deal probably wouldn't have happened.... Then he could have negotiated with anyone once he was cut. I know Baltimore was looking at him, don't know how interested but he was on their radar....I'm sure his health issues are a factor in any deal, maybe he figured he couldn't do any better elsewhere...

I don't think his contract changed at all from the one he signed with denver. The Broncos just chose to pick up his guaranteed money, while the pay his yearly salary.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his contract changed at all from the one he signed with denver. The Broncos just chose to pick up his guaranteed money, while the pay his yearly salary.

How do you figure ?....He had like 9.5 mil coming from Denver but they traded him, he renegotiated with the Jets for 6mil 1 YR with 3 mil guaranteed.... If he didn't agree to the new contract, the Jets probably wouldn't have made the trade.....Unless I'm missing something here, that's the way it looks..

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure ?....He had like 9.5 mil coming from Denver but they traded him, he renegotiated with the Jets for 6mil 1 YR with 3 mil guaranteed.... If he didn't agree to the new contract, the Jets probably wouldn't have made the trade.....Unless I'm missing something here, that's the way it looks..

The Broncos picked up most of the remaining guaranteed portion of his contract in order to make him tradable. They were going to lose that money anyways if they going to cut him, which was inevitable if they couldnt trade him. Thats why there is no dead money after this year. It's similar to what the Saints did when traded Graham to the Hawks.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos picked up most of the remaining guaranteed portion of his contract in order to make him tradable. They were going to lose that money anyways if they going to cut him, which was inevitable if they couldnt trade him. Thats why there is no dead money after this year. It's similar to what the Saints did when traded Graham to the Hawks.

I didn't see that in any of the info I read on it, where did you get that from ? All I saw was the deal the Jets struck with him and the draft trades....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that in any of the info I read on it, where did you get that from ? All I saw was the deal the Jets struck with him and the draft trades....

Ryan Clady - New York Jets - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

The deal was signed as part of the trade in which New York acquired Clady and a seventh-round pick from the Broncos in exchange for a fifth-rounder. The new contract is a revision of Clady's Denver deal, which would've paid him $19 million over the next two seasons. Although the base value is $18 million, Clady's deal amounts to a one-year, $6 million pact with $3 million guaranteed and a non-guaranteed club option for 2017 at the price of $12 million. Incentives and escalators can push the deal's two-year worth to $21 million based on injury-ridded Clady's playing time. It's a fair contract for both player and team. The Jets now have Clady under control for his age-30 and age-31 seasons.

Truthfully, I'm just reading between the lines. It's not a new deal, it's the old one, but with no dead money. That tells me that Denver picked up the remaining portions of the signing bonus/dead money. Which they were on the hook for anyways.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. Jets get a player but Broncos get something for nothing.....
maybe its about freeing up Kaep money, not sure why they'd need to make a trade to do so because I've been told they have all the money they need.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clady - New York Jets - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

The deal was signed as part of the trade in which New York acquired Clady and a seventh-round pick from the Broncos in exchange for a fifth-rounder. The new contract is a revision of Clady's Denver deal, which would've paid him $19 million over the next two seasons. Although the base value is $18 million, Clady's deal amounts to a one-year, $6 million pact with $3 million guaranteed and a non-guaranteed club option for 2017 at the price of $12 million. Incentives and escalators can push the deal's two-year worth to $21 million based on injury-ridded Clady's playing time. It's a fair contract for both player and team. The Jets now have Clady under control for his age-30 and age-31 seasons.

Truthfully, I'm just reading between the lines. It's not a new deal, it's the old one, but with no dead money. That tells me that Denver picked up the remaining portions of the signing bonus/dead money. Which they were on the hook for anyways.

Couldn't the Jets cut him this yr and only be on the hook for the 3 mil if he don't work out ? And it looks like 1 yr is all they're gonna keep him with the way the contract is structured...
So how are the the Broncos saving almost 10 mil in cap space this season by trading him if they picked up the guaranteed money ? That's what's being reported...I certainly am no expert on the cap or these progressive contracts, but it don't seem to add up in my old horse trading mind ..:D