• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clady Traded to Jets

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get their 5th, they get our 7th.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it. Good deal for the Broncos. Frees up some serious cash, too.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pleased that we didn't just have to release him. Having two 5ths gives us more ammunition to move up if we want to.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pleased that we didn't just have to release him. Having two 5ths gives us more ammunition to move up if we want to.
I agree SS. Better scenario I thought would happen other than him being our starting LT and playing like his old self. Getting another 5th is good ammo.:)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the value netted from this trade. The team was very likely going to cut Clady anyway, so to package him with a 7th and get a 5th in return is another example of Elway selling ice to Eskimos.

I wonder if the money cleared up is draft pick and late FA money or if this means a deal with Kap is coming next.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to the homer responses. Losing players is inevitable for SB champs. Have to agree that he is gone anyways and you got the best value for him.
You have to know that if the deal went down with the Jets, that Elway made the best of it and Jets will get the worst end of it......

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who has more former Broncos now - the Jets or the Bears?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to the homer responses. Losing players is inevitable for SB champs. Have to agree that he is gone anyways and you got the best value for him.
You have to know that if the deal went down with the Jets, that Elway made the best of it and Jets will get the worst end of it......

The big thing for the Broncos though is in both years Clady was out for the season the Broncos made the Super Bowl! So not like he was a huge part of why they were winning. When you include his injury history and cap hit this was a no brainer move for Elway. He was a sure fire cut at some point so to get any value for him is just great.

Beyond that this adds even more for the Broncos in the sense of draft power. They already look to have the most picks of any team over the next 2 drafts combined with 10 this year and possibly 11 next year. So that should help them tremendously to keep quite a few players at very cheap contracts giving them plenty of room cap space wise to sign a lot of the players for next year that they want to keep plus have Miller's big deal. The other option this gives them is the draft power to trade up and get the QB that they want. Maybe can't get into the top-10 to get one of the top-2 guys of this year but easily could get into position to get Lynch if that is who Elway likes. So gives the Broncos lots of choices of how they want to go about their future.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were gonna have to cut him. To get any value for him at all is a big win for us. We tried to renegotiate his contract, but it didn't work, so we signed Okung and were able to flip clady. I think this is actually a win, win, win for denver, the jets and clady.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the middle 7th we had, not the early one. So that is cool.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for the Broncos making wine out of water - once again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for the Broncos making wine out of water - once again.

For those who keep saying the Broncos have had a bad off season it just makes me laugh. I have heard on quite a few of the moves how they would say that an individual move was a great move yet then they still say the off season has been horrendous.

To me I look at the Broncos signing Okung to a $5 million deal as a huge steal. There was talk that they figured some team would offer him North of $10 million a year this season. We got him for under half of what they were predicting. Then we traded away a very expensive beaten up piece of the puzzle in Clady getting actually decent draft compensation.

I guess to me I look at the fact that Elway has

Signed Wolfe, Miller, Anderson, Marshall, and a few other key parts to our Super Bowl run.

He has brought in some decent players mostly on the cheap

Finally he has in my estimation secured us another 3-4 Compensation Picks for next draft that will all be tradable.

Yes I understand the QB position is not settled at the moment but I could argue plenty of teams have the same issue or they have the QB position settled and wish they had somebody else. I mean I look at teams like the Lions, Bears, Chargers, Falcons, Eagles, and a few others who have starting QB's that they are paying ridiculous money every single year to have them play mediocre and miss the playoffs. At least for me I would rather have my QB position questionable than be paying a mediocre QB top money eating away any chance to build a good team around a QB.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are these homer responses? Clady was likely a cap hit regardless of a trade deal opening up. He's missed 2 of the last 3 seasons to injury and the season he played he was mid-tier at best. His cap hit was enormous given his play and time missed to injury. The Broncos were going to cut him and save nearly 9 million on the cap. At some point this would have happened. And they'd still have that 7th round pick. Now they traded him and that 7th round pick, save that 9 million on the cap, AND have a 5th instead of a 7th. It's not homerism to applaud this deal. It's sound football business IQ.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clady is playing for $6 million guaranteed this year with the Jets - looks like Okung out bid him to be the LT for the Broncos - the way things played out. That's brutal for Clady, but it shows you guys want to play on the Denver Broncos.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are these homer responses? Clady was likely a cap hit regardless of a trade deal opening up. He's missed 2 of the last 3 seasons to injury and the season he played he was mid-tier at best. His cap hit was enormous given his play and time missed to injury. The Broncos were going to cut him and save nearly 9 million on the cap. At some point this would have happened. And they'd still have that 7th round pick. Now they traded him and that 7th round pick, save that 9 million on the cap, AND have a 5th instead of a 7th. It's not homerism to applaud this deal. It's sound football business IQ.
Semantics. Being called a homer is not always a negative. It was not said with intent to ridicule.
The right decision was made. Furthermore, Clady will probably be out most of the season for the Jets.....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade by Elway and the Broncos. Cap space and a higher draft pick for a guy that hasn't been able to help the Broncos to much over the past 3 seasons. Thumbs up. I also agree with CD. This off season has been pretty good considering. As of now Elway has done a great job and hasn't overspent on free agents.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move alone will
Semantics. Being called a homer is not always a negative. It was not said with intent to ridicule.
The right decision was made. Furthermore, Clady will probably be out most of the season for the Jets.....

We just wanted to make sure he was on the field if not we needed that other money scrape the barrel bottom for a LT replacement

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This way no dead money !!!!!!!!!! Bitchen is all I got to say ... and thank you 5th round pick we have had exelent success in that round .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This way no dead money !!!!!!!!!!
Bitchen is all I got to say ... and thank you 5th round pick we have had exelent success in that round .
"Bitchen"?????? How old are you Crash? I haven't heard "Bitchen" in 45 years!!!!!