• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CK7's taunting/unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is a big fat FUCK YOU to the referees and the NFL. Tom Brady threw a hissy fit and spiked the ball in front of the ref before the snap against us in Foxborough and where was the flag?

Oh yeah, I forgot, he's Tom Brady.

:lame:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref who pulled it was the same guy who flagged The Hawk. He had a short fuse for that kind of stuff. He didn't hesitate either time.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref who pulled it was the same guy who flagged The Hawk. He had a short fuse for that kind of stuff. He didn't hesitate either time.

So there isn't a rule? Just up to referee discretion?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers are just on a short leash, that was as ridiculous as flagging Vernon Davis last year for jumping up on the camera stand.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. The funny thing about the Brady hissy fit is that the Niners are the ones that had a legit gripe. They were calling for a timeout for a while before it was granted in the nick of time. Had that play been allowed to happen and something significant took place I think Harbaugh's head would have exploded. Mine too.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was taunting. Can't taunt a ref right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All I have to say is a big fat FUCK YOU to the referees and the NFL. Tom Brady threw a hissy fit and spiked the ball in front of the ref before the snap against us in Foxborough and where was the flag?

Absolutely! He just threw the ball down.

It would have seemed petty to complain about calls when the Niners beat 'em like an adopted, redheaded stepchild with behavioural problems, but the ref's screwed 'em all game. They called friggn' pass interference on Brown when it was OFFENSIVE pass intereference to take away an INT. Couldn't hurt Rodgers' stats like that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. The funny thing about the Brady hissy fit is that the Niners are the ones that had a legit gripe. They were calling for a timeout for a while before it was granted in the nick of time. Had that play been allowed to happen and something significant took place I think Harbaugh's head would have exploded. Mine too.

Seriously. God forbid a defense calls a timeout against Brady. Brady didn't just taunt us, he taunted the entire stadium.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watched it again this morning. It was taunting and the flag was fair. I didn't think so when it happened.

And yes, Brady should have gotten one too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Watched it again this morning. It was taunting and the flag was fair. I didn't think so when it happened.

And yes, Brady should have gotten one too.

This is so, so wrong. Especially the part about Brady.

There was another non-call for what could have been taunting in the Baltimore game too.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But head butting and after the play, or throwing a shoulder into the opposing team's QB when he runs out of bounds is ok...

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was taunting, but the refs need to be consistent with these damn calls. I see it in the NBA all the time when it comes to giving techs to players for arguing with refs. The superstars have a longer leash.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Regardless of how ridiculous that penalty was, I liked the fire that Kaep showed. And for him to have the poise and throw the laser to Crabtree on the next drive was really something else.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how ridiculous that penalty was, I liked the fire that Kaep showed. And for him to have the poise and throw the laser to Crabtree on the next drive was really something else.

Not the next drive, the very same series.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was taunting. I am surprised this is even a thread.

It doesn't matter what some other player did in some other game on some other week. Throw the ball in a players face and you're getting flagged.