• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chuck Pagano: AFC South Has 'Four Young, Legitimate Quarterbacks'

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's much better than Stafford. Luck's teams have sucked. He'll be out of football in 3 years if they don't do something.

I don't know if I'd put him the top 3 but top 5 looks like a no-brainer for Luck

His team won double digit games for his first 3 seasons. He gets lots of credit for that but apparently his team sucked? Last year he missed half the year and folks want to give him a pass, because of injury for being 3-5. His 40 year replacement QB, who retired in the offseason, managed to go 5-3 though.

He's entering year 5. When will he be expected to play at the level that people think he is at?

From what I've seen of Luck, he has a tremendous amount of talent and he can occasionally carry the team on his back and win games that they maybe shouldn't. But it comes with a cost. Bad decisions and bad turnovers that cost them games they should have won.

I think Luck is an elite talent. But after 4 years he most certainly has not been an elite QB on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Seahawks and Brady fans so incredibly insecure about Andrew Luck? That's always puzzled me. :scratch:
I don't know. Also, why do many deny it so vehemently when it's kind of obvious...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team won double digit games for his first 3 seasons. He gets lots of credit for that but apparently his team sucked? Last year he missed half the year and folks want to give him a pass, because of injury for being 3-5. His 40 year replacement QB, who retired in the offseason, managed to go 5-3 though.

He's entering year 5. When will he be expected to play at the level that people think he is at?

From what I've seen of Luck, he has a tremendous amount of talent and he can occasionally carry the team on his back and win games that they maybe shouldn't. But it comes with a cost. Bad decisions and bad turnovers that cost them games they should have won.

I think Luck is an elite talent. But after 4 years he most certainly has not been an elite QB on the field.

From what I can see is that so much of Indy's success is on Luck back that he feels the need to press the game even in the first half. And that's how mistakes happen for any QB.

But yeah since he still does make the mistakes I guess top 3 is a bit lofty, but he's still damm good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can see is that so much of Indy's success is on Luck back that he feels the need to press the game even in the first half. And that's how mistakes happen for any QB.

But yeah since he still does make the mistakes I guess top 3 is a bit lofty, but he's still damm good.

Oh he's a very good QB. Who could become the best QB. Maybe he will this year.

But eventually you don't get to grade on a curve anymore.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has been every bit as good as Peyton Manning was in his 1st four years, simple as that.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he's a very good QB. Who could become the best QB. Maybe he will this year.

But eventually you don't get to grade on a curve anymore.

Sure. Right now he can either be the next John Elway or the next Archie Manning..

Or out of football. He needs more help. He had broken ribs and a lacerated kidney last year. Holy crap.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Seahawks and Brady fans so incredibly insecure about Andrew Luck? That's always puzzled me. :scratch:

It's just Seahawk fans that are so incredibly insecure about Andrew Luck. The Patriot fans in this thread have all supported Luck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Right now he can either be the next John Elway or the next Archie Manning..

Or out of football. He needs more help. He had broken ribs and a lacerated kidney last year. Holy crap.

Part of the problem, IMO, is that he sticks in the pocket too long sometimes trying to make the big play. He needs to learn that his own health is a skill he needs to focus on.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just Seahawk fans that are so incredibly insecure about Andrew Luck. The Patriot fans in this thread have all supported Luck.

Why do I need to support Luck, or any other player?

I have no ill will towards the guy. I am simply not going to announce him the best evah because I'm being told he is. Performance matters.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has the most turnovers of any QB in the league since he joined. Yet he is still considered a top 3 QB by a lot of folks.

You don't need to be a RW fanboy to see there has been some sort of disconnect between Luck's on field play and the perception a lot of fans have of him.

So far his career track seems to be most like Matt Stafford, not Peyton Manning.
Id gladly make that swap.

Imo Staff is no Luck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id gladly make that swap.

Imo Staff is no Luck.

Lots of people thought Stafford was going to be the next great QB. But after 7 years of playing, people know what they are getting from Stafford now and he never developed into the stud that people though he could

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Luck really have more TOs than Staff the last four seasons?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people thought Stafford was going to be the next great QB. But after 7 years of playing, people know what they are getting from Stafford now and he never developed into the stud that people though he could
You obviously don't talk to Lions fans much.

It's season 8 when the magic happens. (In my fellow cellar dwellers rooters defense, Staff is only a year and half older. Lol)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Also, why do many deny it so vehemently when it's kind of obvious...

It is obvious that Luck is an elite talent but he is lacking something to his metal game that is dragging his performances down. If you want to base it purely on Madden-like numbers he is great, but unfortunately for your deluded position on the subject, reality intervenes and shows the currently very large flaws in his game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious that Luck is an elite talent but he is lacking something to his metal game that is dragging his performances down. If you want to base it purely on Madden-like numbers he is great, but unfortunately for your deluded position on the subject, reality intervenes and shows the currently very large flaws in his game.
It's very interesting how all my comments are stated as opinion, but it burns you enough to make such an authoritative stand. As far as Madden you are the one quoting stats. Did you know two years ago when he was healthy he had a better QB rating than your special little guy even though he threw the ball over 600 times and your guy threw it only 400 something times? He also had a higher yards per attempt which is remarkable when throwing it that much more. When you throw the ball down the field as much as Luck you are never going to have a great comp %. Its a lot easier to not make big mistakes when you are asked to be a game manager as compared to when you are asked to absolutely carry your team.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very interesting how all my comments are stated as opinion, but it burns you enough to make such an authoritative stand. As far as Madden you are the one quoting stats. Did you know two years ago when he was healthy he had a better QB rating than your special little guy even though he threw the ball over 600 times and your guy threw it only 400 something times? He also had a higher yards per attempt which is remarkable when throwing it that much more. When you throw the ball down the field as much as Luck you are never going to have a great comp %. Its a lot easier to not make big mistakes when you are asked to be a game manager as compared to when you are asked to absolutely carry your team.

He also had a 66% higher int %.

Never huh? Roethlisberger and Rodgers would disagree with that. But they actually had to earn their status.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had a 66% higher int %.

Never huh? Roethlisberger and Rodgers would disagree with that. But they actually had to earn their status.
Never as great as if you didn't throw the ball down the field, but I think you understood what I meant.

And he also had 100% more TD passes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Bortles and Marcus Marriotta were eliminated from playoff contention around Week 6 last season

Until Further notice, Andrew Luck is the only QB in that division