• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe. But he won't have any practice time with the Niners by Sunday. Maybe a Saturday walk through only?? He did go to Stanford, so we're counting on a high IQ.

I have a tough time imagining he wouldn't have a handful of plays mastered by Sunday and I'm sure they'll have plays that are similar to what he ran in Carolina.

You probably won't see him in a lot of complicated plays with a lot of moving parts but giving him some handoffs where he just needs to make that one cut and run, some pass plays with routes he has down pat, and plays where he just goes one way to block the first thing he sees I can see him doing.

I'm guessing he'll get around 5 to 10 snaps with a mix of passing and running plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont read twitter for news!

McCaffery is a steal for the 49ers at $12M in each of the next 3 seasons. Not $19M. The difference between the $19M a year and the $12M a year is Carolina’s dead cap hit next year ($21m).

And that is why anyone giving Carolina a good trade grade after this is absolutely insane. Literally are paying $21M to not have their best player on the roster next year and their trade ”haul” gets them 3 players in next year draft that are only in the 50-150 best prospect range (not a great range).

Really good gamble by the 49ers. Gives them an insane amount of play makers on offense for this year to hide Jimmy’s issue and next year to again start developing Lance.

And the money they owe CMC is really just about 40% of the bonus money they have the next couple of years because they don’t have the obligation of paying for a vet starting QB right now.
They traded him to lose more.

A late 2nd, late 3rd and late 4th will probably yield them nothing of value. But the 1st pick instead of the 6th is valuable.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been mentioned already but Baker goes to Carolina thinking it will be a better situation than Cleveland, then his top WR goes to Arizona and his RB goes to San Fran. Now he has no one on offense and he'll most likely be looking for another team in 2023. I hope it's not Tampa Bay.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been mentioned already but Baker goes to Carolina thinking it will be a better situation than Cleveland, then his top WR goes to Arizona and his RB goes to San Fran. Now he has no one on offense and he'll most likely be looking for another team in 2023. I hope it's not Tampa Bay.
Does Tampa not have a backup under contract?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hello, Seattle!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a tough time imagining he wouldn't have a handful of plays mastered by Sunday and I'm sure they'll have plays that are similar to what he ran in Carolina.

You probably won't see him in a lot of complicated plays with a lot of moving parts but giving him some handoffs where he just needs to make that one cut and run, some pass plays with routes he has down pat, and plays where he just goes one way to block the first thing he sees I can see him doing.

I'm guessing he'll get around 5 to 10 snaps with a mix of passing and running plays.

It would sure be fun to see him in some plays . . . as long as he doesn't get hurt.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Moore > Robbie Anderson

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs got better, BUT man they’ve been giving up a lot of draft stock lately…