• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh McCaffrey can probably turn it on at some point... he had a couple big games with Carolina earlier this season and Carolina's OL is not as good. Just takes a little time to work him in the system.

That said, the trade was ridiculous. Do the 49ers actually have a draft pick before the 5th? lol... I mean nobody is paying anything big for Jimmy Garporlrorlol at this point... maybe a 5th rounder at best (and why even then, he's a free agent and the QB class is stacked). I get Trent Williams is coming back which is big for the 9ers... but I don't get why the 49ers are doing this all in move.

He's due $12M every year after this year... you're going to pay a 31 year old runningback with a history of injury, THAT!? I mean... I guess, lol... and then have zero picks to help build any deficiency on your team. Deebo can run the ball fine and Wilson was having some good games and is 25. I get Garporlrorlorl is generally useless without a run game, but James Robinson for a 6th and you gave up all that for a 30 yard injury prone back!?

A grade Panthers
D- grade 49ers.

I'll reserve the F because McCaffrey (IF healthy) is the better weapon, but giving your entire 2023 draft (outside of the 1st which they already don't have) was assinine. I get the NFC is bad.... maybe the 9ers think they can get the SuperBowl though... and then start over with zero building pieces and Trey Lance. :noidea:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh McCaffrey can probably turn it on at some point... he had a couple big games with Carolina earlier this season and Carolina's OL is not as good. Just takes a little time to work him in the system.

That said, the trade was ridiculous. Do the 49ers actually have a draft pick before the 5th? lol... I mean nobody is paying anything big for Jimmy Garporlrorlol at this point... maybe a 5th rounder at best (and why even then, he's a free agent and the QB class is stacked). I get Trent Williams is coming back which is big for the 9ers... but I don't get why the 49ers are doing this all in move.

He's due $12M every year after this year... you're going to pay a 31 year old runningback with a history of injury, THAT!? I mean... I guess, lol... and then have zero picks to help build any deficiency on your team. Deebo can run the ball fine and Wilson was having some good games and is 25. I get Garporlrorlorl is generally useless without a run game, but James Robinson for a 6th and you gave up all that for a 30 yard injury prone back!?

A grade Panthers
D- grade 49ers.

I'll reserve the F because McCaffrey (IF healthy) is the better weapon, but giving your entire 2023 draft (outside of the 1st which they already don't have) was assinine. I get the NFC is bad.... maybe the 9ers think they can get the SuperBowl though... and then start over with zero building pieces and Trey Lance. :noidea:

McCaffery is 26 years old.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffery is 26 years old.

You're right and that makes sense.... the absolute fuck, where in the hell was I getting 30? I must've read he'll be that old when his current contract is up. I still think that trade was nuts given CMAC has been injured the last couple seasons and San Fran I believe will have no draft picks in the first 5 rounds... but makes a lot more sense now and my grade is not valid. Would still give the Panthers the more favorable grade, but San Fran would be nowhere near a D-.... maybe more like a B-/C+.

Well regardless...

im-retarded-chris-farley.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right and that makes sense.... the absolute fuck, where in the hell was I getting 30? I must've read he'll be that old when his current contract is up. I still think that trade was nuts given CMAC has been injured the last couple seasons and San Fran I believe will have no draft picks in the first 5 rounds... but makes a lot more sense now and my grade is not valid. Would still give the Panthers the more favorable grade, but San Fran would be nowhere near a D-.... maybe more like a B-/C+.

Well regardless...

im-retarded-chris-farley.gif

IMO McCaffery is a steal in this league at $12M a year. Obviously he is likely to leverage the 49ers into a new deal now that nothing is guaranteed on his deal. But he only has so much leverage now. This is exactly the type of contracts that are worth trading for. It is WAY more effective than trading for a tagged player and then handing them a top of the line FA contract.

People talk about his injury history and that of course is concerning. But he has never had a serious injury. And all the time off he has had is just more tread on the tires from the standpoint of the 49ers.

And as far as draft picks. 49ers have 2 3rd round picks and a 5th coming back to them as comp picks next year. That covers A LOT of what they just sent out.

And from a 49ers fans standpoint, it just increases of their likelihood of seeing Olivia Culpo in real life. And that right there is worth the draft capital IMO.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO McCaffery is a steal in this league at $12M a year.
Based on the cost of doing NFL business in today's world, I agree 100% with this statement.
Then I'm reminded how most think about Zeke Elliott's contract numbers, and all he does is show up to work each week. Then compound this with the movement of RB # don't matter stuff.
:scratch::gaah::dhd:

I'll stick to my original opinion on all that.
Teams STILL look for players they think can contribute to winning football games.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO McCaffery is a steal in this league at $12M a year. Obviously he is likely to leverage the 49ers into a new deal now that nothing is guaranteed on his deal. But he only has so much leverage now. This is exactly the type of contracts that are worth trading for. It is WAY more effective than trading for a tagged player and then handing them a top of the line FA contract.

People talk about his injury history and that of course is concerning. But he has never had a serious injury. And all the time off he has had is just more tread on the tires from the standpoint of the 49ers.

And as far as draft picks. 49ers have 2 3rd round picks and a 5th coming back to them as comp picks next year. That covers A LOT of what they just sent out.

And from a 49ers fans standpoint, it just increases of their likelihood of seeing Olivia Culpo in real life. And that right there is worth the draft capital IMO.
for those that dont know who olivia is:suds:
1666802549805.png

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things don't look for the Rams at all. No running game at all, that oline looks bad and the injury that Stafford came into the season with clearly doesn't have him right. Defense doesn't even look that good anymore either.
We'll be fine, season is a third over, plenty of time to straighten out. It matters how you play in the last three months of the season, more the first three. Rams have a good defense going for them, you need that if you want postseason.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be fine, season is a third over, plenty of time to straighten out. It matters how you play in the last three months of the season, more the first three. Rams have a good defense going for them, you need that if you want postseason.

How do you straighten it out though when the talent at RB and OL isn't going to get better unless you make some deadline moves.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk it’s a tough task once you’ve already fallen behind MVP Geno Smith.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you straighten it out though when the talent at RB and OL isn't going to get better unless you make some deadline moves.
How do you fix the running back situation, IDk, you can find guys that can run through holes not away from the them

1666827345810.png

Offensive line, starting center coming back from IR. And you plug away guys until one can't perform well like the last game. You also have more starters coming back as the season progresses.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you fix the running back situation, IDk, you can find guys that can run through holes not away from the them

View attachment 312359

Offensive line, starting center coming back from IR. And you plug away guys until one can't perform well like the last game. You also have more starters coming back as the season progresses.

Well unless they make a trade they are stuck with the bad RBs that they have.

There is nothing at all impressive about how the Rams look. Seattle appears to have the best QB this year and that team is just playing better each passing week. 49ers made their McCaffery trade. There is little reason to think the Rams will suddenly turn it around.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is nothing at all impressive about how the Rams look. Seattle appears to have the best QB this year and that team is just playing better each passing week. 49ers made their McCaffery trade. There is little reason to think the Rams will suddenly turn it around.
I still think the 49ers and Rams are better then Seattle and either one of them will win the division. But with how much cap space and draft picks the Seahawks have coming up that could change very quickly.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you say so, this isn't McVay's first day on the job. There is a reason he never had a losing season. There also a reason the Rams have the second best playoff winning percentage the last 25 years. I said the Rams will make a move and they will make a move. The McVay Rams aren't afraid to take risks.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so, this isn't McVay's first day on the job. There is a reason he never had a losing season. There also a reason the Rams have the second best playoff winning percentage the last 25 years. I said the Rams will make a move and they will make a move. The McVay Rams aren't afraid to take risks.

They won what they have been chasing for years. They don't have the same hunger. Not going to put in the same time to try to be perfect to win a title. You can see it.

I think they end up as something like a 9-8 or 10-7 team. I think Seahawks, 49ers and Rams all end up in that area but only two of those three teams are going to make the playoffs and with how they look right now I think there is a better chance than not that the Rams are the odd one out.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won what they have been chasing for years. They don't have the same hunger. Not going to put in the same time to try to be perfect to win a title. You can see it.

I think they end up as something like a 9-8 or 10-7 team. I think Seahawks, 49ers and Rams all end up in that area but only two of those three teams are going to make the playoffs and with how they look right now I think there is a better chance than not that the Rams are the odd one out.
Well if the playoffs started today, Rams would be playing the Vikings. While the 49ers would be sitting at home.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully opinions vary and RTK does not have the secret sauce.

Bright side RTK...you either crow for years OR you remain the kid with the kick me sign.
I still think you win either way.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully opinions vary and RTK does not have the secret sauce.

Bright side RTK...you either crow for years OR you remain the kid with the kick me sign.
I still think you win either way.
Watched this clip on YT and thought you would enjoy OJ and unfortunately Csonka wasn't there