• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Simms STILL says Brady isn't elite...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is an all time great QB, but he's overrated. Outside of the years he was rocking the greatest natural ability receiver the game has ever seen, a future HOF TE, and Welker in his prime, he's been just 'good' in terms of stats. I don't think I'd put him in the Manning/Rodgers discussion of current era QBs.

I have also stated multiple times why I don't think he was deserving of this years MVP. He was doing nothing until Avril got injured and it was his great D that stuffed Seattle to 2 consecutive 3 and outs, and Butler who shut down multiple passes on the final drive, shutting down one that required a miracle tip being caught by Kearse (which would've ended it without his great INT as well).

Brady is a great QB and the best in Pats history, but I think he's a tad overrated. His defense got him 3 Super Bowl wins IMO.

In closing great player, but I feel he'll go down in NFL history a little bit overrated. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully Pats or die hard Brady fans don't take this the wrong way. Pretty obvious I'm not a hater of the guy or Pats.

Pretty obvious you don't know shit about football either :L

You Seattle fans are a funny bunch. I liked it better 3 years ago when you folks didn't pretend to be big football fans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You Seattle fans are a funny bunch. I liked it better 3 years ago when you folks didn't pretend to be big football fans.

What does that even mean? I thought I very clearly stated why I didn't think Brady was the MVP (which I've said in multiple threads and had some good discussion with other Pats' fans) and despite thinking he's a great all time player feel he's a bit overrated.

Yet you respond with that and make it about the Seahawks? Oh, I can rate BS too.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's Merton Hanks. He has a bigger hard on for Suh than anyone on the site.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What meds are those old man?

The ones that help you understand that when your team and qb is being acknowledged as MVP and top 3 in the league, you don't go skitzo on them.....Those meds, little man !! :brick:

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers.

That's all I've got for certain. I suppose you could argue a couple of others depending upon your criteria. If age is a negative factor, for instance.
That's the only one hat is obvious to me as a possible choice. Luck doesn't quite have the pedigree, Manning isnt on Brady's level, Wilson hasn't done enough on his own, Brees, Rivers, etc are just not better.

At worst imo, he's the second best in the league

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, IS the Greatest Of All Time in terms of QB talk. How Peyton Manning even jumps into this conversation is, well, only one sided. Manning's failures are noted, his successes are mostly individual.

Brady, who 'destroyed the LOB" as some claim, and others say he didn't deserve the MVP, whatever.

Butler made a huge play, but, (without inside knowledge of game calls), I still give credit to the NE coaching staff. BB may be on the edge of cheating, but he is clearly a "Superior" coach to ALL of his peers.

Is TB the same QB without BB ?, I doubt it (still Great IMO), but BB made/makes TB even better.

My Gosh people, give Tom Brady his due.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, IS the Greatest Of All Time in terms of QB talk. How Peyton Manning even jumps into this conversation is, well, only one sided. Manning's failures are noted, his successes are mostly individual.

Brady, who 'destroyed the LOB" as some claim, and others say he didn't deserve the MVP, whatever.

Butler made a huge play, but, (without inside knowledge of game calls), I still give credit to the NE coaching staff. BB may be on the edge of cheating, but he is clearly a "Superior" coach to ALL of his peers.

Is TB the same QB without BB ?, I doubt it (still Great IMO), but BB made/makes TB even better.

My Gosh people, give Tom Brady his due.

I've literally defended Brady since those first few years where he cleard showed a diffrent talent. So many people I went to school with thought Manning was better, but then couldn't beat me in an argument against Brady other than stats. That's it.

I am not old enough to have see Montana play every weekend, but if he was any better than Brady I don't see how anyone will ever be better than him. Lifetime Falcons fan, but Brady has been my favorite player to watch work. His performance against Seattle in the fourth quarter was otherworldly.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is an all time great QB, but he's overrated. Outside of the years he was rocking the greatest natural ability receiver the game has ever seen, a future HOF TE, and Welker in his prime, he's been just 'good' in terms of stats. I don't think I'd put him in the Manning/Rodgers discussion of current era QBs.

I have also stated multiple times why I don't think he was deserving of this years MVP. He was doing nothing until Avril got injured and it was his great D that stuffed Seattle to 2 consecutive 3 and outs, and Butler who shut down multiple passes on the final drive, shutting down one that required a miracle tip being caught by Kearse (which would've ended it without his great INT as well).

Brady is a great QB and the best in Pats history, but I think he's a tad overrated. His defense got him 3 Super Bowl wins IMO.

In closing great player, but I feel he'll go down in NFL history a little bit overrated. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully Pats or die hard Brady fans don't take this the wrong way. Pretty obvious I'm not a hater of the guy or Pats.
You should be an expert on overrated QB's but apparently you aren't. Anyhow, Brady is still one of the best 2 QB's in the league.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In related news: Maurice Clarett feels that Marshawn Lynch is vastly overrated.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is, Chris Simms was a better quarterback than he is a football analyst.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is, Chris Simms was a better quarterback than he is a football analyst.
Chris Simms was a better QB than a rocket scientist
Chris Simms was a better QB than a brain surgeon
Chris Simms was a better QB than a diamond cutter.....

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms was a better QB than a rocket scientist
Chris Simms was a better QB than a brain surgeon
Chris Simms was a better QB than a diamond cutter.....
Yes but nobody in their right mind would pay him to be a rocket scientist, a brain surgeon, etc. Being a football analyst takes zero skill. Desmond Howard and Ray Lewis both do that, and neither speak English very well.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone to be elite they would have to be successful. Does Brady make the grade? Don't throw SB victories at me, because I'm from Detroit - I don't know what the Super Bowl is.