• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Simms STILL says Brady isn't elite...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible QB
not coaching material
and apparently, not a bright guy...

and yes, edelman very well could have been MVP...

Chris Simms: ‘Brady Shouldn’t Have Won Super Bowl MVP’
March 17, 2015 7:01 AM
Share on email1

View Comments
464545456.jpg

Credit: Jamie Squire/Getty Images

Related Tags:
Chris Simms, NFL, Tom Brady
Last November, CBS and Bleacher Report NFL analyst Chris Simms said that Tom Brady was no longer a top-five quarterback.

Well, a few months later, Brady was named MVP of Super Bowl XLIX.

But if you think Simms is backing off his stance, you had better think again.

“I wasn’t wrong,” Simms said on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “He’s still not a top-five quarterback in the NFL. He’s really awesome, don’t get me wrong. He’s one of the three greatest quarterbacks all-time. I take a lot of flak for this, and people don’t realize how much I actually love the guy. I have his autograph in my room on a helmet. That’s how much I really love Tom Brady. But to say he’s one of the five best quarterbacks in the NFL at this point in his career? No. I don’t think he should have won the MVP, either. That’s just the way I think about it. He had a really good game against a really good defense, but he threw like 35 five-yard passes the whole game. I think in my estimation, (Julian) Edelman should have been the MVP.”

Brady was 37-of-50 for 328 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions, while Edelman caught nine passes for 109 yards and the game-winning touchdown.

In any event, Simms, who was an assistant coach in New England in 2012, said that Brady and Bill Belichick pursued their fourth Super Bowl crown with laser-like intensity, especially after going a decade without hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

“They’re crazy altogether, and they’re not going to change when it starts back up here in April – because they’re going to want five just as bad,” Simms said. “That’s just the way they are. That’s what you learn up there. Coach Belichick is truly one of the smartest human beings I’ve ever been around in my life – and I really wasn’t even around him a whole lot that one year I was there. I was locked away in a closet most of the time doing all the dirty work.”

Simms, 34, said the Patriots are “extremely detailed” and the most “on the same page” organization in the NFL.

“The reason for their success is not luck,” Simms said. “It’s about Bill Belichick – and he’s the greatest coach in NFL history.”

Simms, who spent roughly 16 months with New England, thought the Deflategate controversy was ludicrous.

“I think that’s totally crazy to think that Bill Belichick would know anything about Deflategate,” Simms said. “Bill Belichick was the biggest rule follower I was ever around in my life. I mean, you couldn’t bet $5 on the Final Four in the building in Foxboro without a memo going out or an email saying that was against the collective bargaining agreement. So I think if that did happen – which we don’t know; it’s a lot of talk at this point – that would totally be a quarterback ball boy issue.

“I think Bill Belichick’s a prideful man,” Simms continued. “He’s a machine as far as his work ethic and what he does, and of course he wants to be portrayed in a nice light because I think he works hard to (get) the credit he does deserve for what he does.”

Simms added that the NFL is an extremely “hush-hush world,” and that even if Deflategate were real and people on staff knew about it, odds are they wouldn’t talk about it – especially if they were low on the totem pole. Instead, everything would just get swept under the rug.

“It’s almost a little bit like the armed forces to a degree,” Simms said. “When you’re just a grunt man, you’re just a grunt man. You sit there (and) observe. No one really wants to hear you talk or (hear) what you have to say about anything. You kind of just take your orders and go on. That’s really just the way of the NFL coaching world. It’s just a different world altogether when you get in the coaching circle of the NFL.”

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hooptyfuckindooey.

Is this the same Simms that left his spleen in Tampa?

Some QB he was. Tough guy, yep, played with his internal organs all in disarray.
Did he ever win anything though?
Anything?

And Edelman did not catch the game winning TD in my opinion.
Butler caught the game winning interception.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What five quarterbacks are supposed to be better than him?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hooptyfuckindooey.

Is this the same Simms that left his spleen in Tampa?

Some QB he was. Tough guy, yep, played with his internal organs all in disarray.
Did he ever win anything though?
Anything?

And Edelman did not catch the game winning TD in my opinion.
Butler caught the game winning interception.
hes still bitter the pats let him go as a QB and a coach. he failed here twice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game, but Simms is talking about right now. I don't see 5 QBs better personally, but I also don't see him as best QB any more.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game, but Simms is talking about right now. I don't see 5 QBs better personally, but I also don't see him as best QB any more.
i get where hes coming from, but again...based on 2013's aberration, he declared him football dead.

hes been back-peddling ever since.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get where hes coming from, but again...based on 2013's aberration, he declared him football dead.

hes been back-peddling ever since.

I think that Brady has proven 'that rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated'. That's right, I get my famous literary quotes from Cheers...:suds:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Brady has proven 'that rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated'. That's right, I get my famous literary quotes from Cheers...:suds:

That's an excellent source actually.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who's better?

Rodgers I'll give you.
After that...
Manning is washed up by week 12.
Luck has tons of "upside" but has proven nothing.
Flacco? Flacno.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What five quarterbacks are supposed to be better than him?

Rodgers.

That's all I've got for certain. I suppose you could argue a couple of others depending upon your criteria. If age is a negative factor, for instance.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady isn't elite ? He's only been playing at a high level for um... 14 years now.... GTFO crazy talk ...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better?

Rodgers I'll give you.
After that...
Flacco? Flacno.

Yep...

Aaron Rodgers is the best in the league right now but Brady was easily the 2nd best QB in the league. Who was better?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers.

That's all I've got for certain. I suppose you could argue a couple of others depending upon your criteria. If age is a negative factor, for instance.
"russell wilson can run around a lot, so hes better...and colin kaepernick...that dude runs like a deer! better than brady. mannings creaky neck? you guessed it!"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better?

Rodgers I'll give you.
After that...
Flacco? Flacno.

So I say he's not the best and you give me Rodgers. Sounds like we agree completely, no?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree about the MVP part, It should have went to Edelmen.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only part I agree with is that he shouldn't have won MVP of the SB, if Butler didn't make that INT, they lose.....So although Edelman did a lot during the game as well as Brady, Butler is the reason why they won, so he is the MVP in my estimation.....
Tom is a huge sissy but Peyton,Rodgers and Brady are the top 3 in the league still today, and could someone explain to me what in the world Chris Simms would possible know about being an elite QB in this league, and who really cared enough about his opinion as to ask him !!!! :noidea:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only part I agree with is that he shouldn't have won MVP of the SB, if Butler didn't make that INT, they lose.....So although Edelman did a lot during the game as well as Brady, Butler is the reason why they won, so he is the MVP in my estimation.....
Tom is a huge sissy but Peyton,Rodgers and Brady are the top 3 in the league still today, and could someone explain to me what in the world Chris Simms would possible know about being an elite QB in this league, and who really cared enough about his opinion as to ask him !!!! :noidea:

Apparently as much as you :L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spare me the Rodgers fellatio-fest. If he was truly the best QB in the game he would have faced off against NE in the SB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is an all time great QB, but he's overrated. Outside of the years he was rocking the greatest natural ability receiver the game has ever seen, a future HOF TE, and Welker in his prime, he's been just 'good' in terms of stats. I don't think I'd put him in the Manning/Rodgers discussion of current era QBs.

I have also stated multiple times why I don't think he was deserving of this years MVP. He was doing nothing until Avril got injured and it was his great D that stuffed Seattle to 2 consecutive 3 and outs, and Butler who shut down multiple passes on the final drive, shutting down one that required a miracle tip being caught by Kearse (which would've ended it without his great INT as well).

Brady is a great QB and the best in Pats history, but I think he's a tad overrated. His defense got him 3 Super Bowl wins IMO.

In closing great player, but I feel he'll go down in NFL history a little bit overrated. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully Pats or die hard Brady fans don't take this the wrong way. Pretty obvious I'm not a hater of the guy or Pats.