• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul wants to play with the Clippers.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Paul has decided that if he can't play for the Knicks (and Carmelo) or the Lakers (and Kobe), that he wants to play with Blake Griffin and the Clippers, according to Marc Stein.
As we reported earlier, Eric Gordon would likely have to be included in a deal for the Clippers to get Paul, but it's becoming clear that he wants to play with Griffin in L.A. In addition to Gordon, the Hornets reportedly want Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu and at least two future first-round picks in exchange for Paul. Obviously David Stern is trying to break the bank for Paul.

Source: If no New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Chris Paul wants Los Angeles Clippers - ESPN Los Angeles

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said elsewhere, Clips are foolish if they let Gordon go.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is alot to give up for just Paul, they'll be playing 2 on 5

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost like Stern doesn't want the Lakers to have any competition for fans out there...eh?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers give up all of that they will be even worse than they are right now. That trade would make a TON of sense..... LOL.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting the deal is done. Yahoo confirms as well.

LA gets: CP3, 2 future 2nd rounders

NO gets: Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny's 1st rounder

The Clippers prove yet again how stupid of a franchise they are. They were set to win right now. Not only that, they were one of few teams with enough cap to sign him outright at the end of the season. Stupid move giving up Gordon and that 1st rounder.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN is reporting the deal is done. Yahoo confirms as well.

LA gets: CP3, 2 future 2nd rounders

NO gets: Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny's 1st rounder

The Clippers prove yet again how stupid of a franchise they are. They were set to win right now. Not only that, they were one of few teams with enough cap to sign him outright at the end of the season. Stupid move giving up Gordon and that 1st rounder.

I am not sure why the Clippers wanted Paul so bad. Do not get me wrong CP3, is an outstanding player, but Gordon was coming off a great season and improved drastically. The Clips gave up to much for Paul and I think it is going to haunt them later on in the season. Kaman and Blake were deadly, not sure why LA would break that up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Clippers wanted Paul so bad. Do not get me wrong CP3, is an outstanding player, but Gordon was coming off a great season and improved drastically. The Clips gave up to much for Paul and I think it is going to haunt them later on in the season. Kaman and Blake were deadly, not sure why LA would break that up.

They gave up Kaman because they like Jordan better (hence his new deal). I get that.

What I don't get is giving up Eric Gordon AND Minny's draft pick for CP3.

First, the draft pick. It's Minnesota so there's a good chance its a lottery pick. Many think it could be #1 overall but I got a feeling Minny could be somewhat decent this year. Still, a lottery pick in what looks to be a loaded 2012 draft is valuable.

And Gordon, he's a great player already. He's only 22 years old and he's a borderline all-star. In 3 years, he could easily be one of the Top 5 shooting guards in the league.

You've giving up both for Chris Paul, who many think has peaked and has bad knees? Don't get me wrong, I love Paul but they gave up way too much. Especially when you consider that no other team was bidding on him since Stern fucked up that Lakers trade AND there's a good chance the Clips could have signed CP3 in free agency anyway.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They gave up Kaman because they like Jordan better (hence his new deal). I get that.

What I don't get is giving up Eric Gordon AND Minny's draft pick for CP3.

First, the draft pick. It's Minnesota so there's a good chance its a lottery pick. Many think it could be #1 overall but I got a feeling Minny could be somewhat decent this year. Still, a lottery pick in what looks to be a loaded 2012 draft is valuable.

And Gordon, he's a great player already. He's only 22 years old and he's a borderline all-star. In 3 years, he could easily be one of the Top 5 shooting guards in the league.

You've giving up both for Chris Paul, who many think has peaked and has bad knees? Don't get me wrong, I love Paul but they gave up way too much. Especially when you consider that no other team was bidding on him since Stern fucked up that Lakers trade AND there's a good chance the Clips could have signed CP3 in free agency anyway.

Yeah I don't know why the Clippers think they need to give up this much to get Paul.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will really help the Clippers make the next step and be a competitive playoff team. Maybe they gave up to much but that is price of doing business. Paul can average 20 and 15 on this team. Not much to hate about that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LINK

^Enjoyed this piece by Adrian Wojnarowski. It sums up this whole fiasco nicely.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LINK

^Enjoyed this piece by Adrian Wojnarowski. It sums up this whole fiasco nicely.

And I just don't buy anything this guy is selling. If the Lakers would have gotten Paul for that load of manure then I am not sure I would have ever watched another NBA game. Allowing teams to dump their bad and unwanted contracts on a team without a proper steward would have just been both egregious and outrageous.

For once, the NBA actually did do the right thing and in the end the Hornets actually benefited from this as they acquired 2 young very good players who are both on their rookie contracts plus an expiring contract, who I actually think is better than the guys in the original deal, and a premium draft pick. When Gordan and Aminu come up for restricted free agency they can match any offer or they can let them walk. Their choice. They can work out a deal with Kaman if they want to seeing as how he will be their free agent they can give him that extra year and all.