• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Paul got himself in some trouble tonight

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't even talking about her being a woman. He was only saying she was a rookie ref. What else are you supposed to call a girl besides she?

I can think of lots of things, but he would be in trouble for those.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are full of whiners. They lead the league in technical fouls and complain after every call, even if they get it. Doc also never shuts up. I don't like Bill Simmons but I loved his tweet about them "acting like they are 5-time defending champs" when they haven't done anything yet.

And I'm not basing this off CP3's comment.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game... I watched the entire game. Holtkamp called 2 of the techs... the one on Paul and one on Jordan. The one on Jordan (which happened minutes after Paul's) was an obvious tech. CP's was the only of the 5 techs that looked questionable, IMO. If what CP said is exactly what happened then its a bad tech.

Can you really trust CP3 being honest with what he claims he said to the ref? I don't think you can. Players always downplay their reactions. The Clippers are full of whiners, and it starts at the top with Doc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I can't see the Clips winning any championships or even getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Top to bottom, they are arguably the most talented team in the league. But they are also arguably the easiest team in the league to take out of their game mentally. As soon as a couple of bad calls go against them, or they don't get a couple of calls that they thought they should have, they lose focus and it costs them games.

great post

you are totally right. The Clips lose their cool so fast if things are not going there way. Its hard to win 3 rounds of playoffs when every time you experience adversity you go into the toilet.

An incredibly talented team- they have all the pieces- a great defensive rim protecting center that is the league leader in boards- a great power forward that can put up 20 a night with ease and is an inside threat and has developed a nice 18 footer. A leader point guard who is arguably one of the best players in the whole league- a ton of shooting with redick, hawes, crawford...some good perimeter defense with Barnes...

they are just mentally weak outside of Paul- and even Paul gets caught up in crap a lot

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they have Austin Rivers who might be the worst player getting regular burn in the NBA...ya know ...besides Mario Chalmers...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really trust CP3 being honest with what he claims he said to the ref? I don't think you can. Players always downplay their reactions. The Clippers are full of whiners, and it starts at the top with Doc.

Definitely... that's why I started the sentence with "if"... there's 2 sides to the story for sure.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca will never cheer for CP3 again. :lol:

How dare you, Sir!

I have no problem with what he said.

But, he deserves to get a hefty fine for criticizing the refs.

If Chris Paul was a misogynist, Michelle Roberts would not be the head of the NBPA.

Ps. Wamu is a Dead man walking for that bullspit he posted as reply to your post.

Dead.

Man.

Walking!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you, Sir!

I have no problem with what he said.

But, he deserves to get a hefty fine for criticizing the refs.

If Chris Paul was a misogynist, Michelle Roberts would not be the head of the NBPA.

Ps. Wamu is a Dead man walking for that bullspit he posted as reply to your post.

Dead.

Man.

Walking!

OH SHIT!!!!!!

:peep:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just joking, Mecca. I personally see nothing wrong with CP3 telling a female ref that she may be better off as a gourmet sandwich maker than reffing in the NBA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aint no place on Earth that's safe to hide, Mutha Trucka!:bawling:

Just for that I hope the Clippers get clobbered by the Raptors tonight!

:bolt:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, OI.

I know you are just funning.:suds:

Unlike the Team we root for, Us Clipper fans have tough skin:L

Wamu, no hoping necessary.

The Clippers can't beat any quality Team when the opposition is at least 70% healthy.

The Spurs game was a fluke as evidenced by that spectacular ass whoopin the Cavs laid on them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, OI.

I know you are just funning.:suds:

Unlike the Team we root for, Us Clipper fans have tough skin:L

Wamu, no hoping necessary.

The Clippers can't beat any quality Team when the opposition is at least 70% healthy.

The Spurs game was a fluke as evidenced by that spectacular ass whoopin the Cavs laid on them.

To be fair, if you're going to choose to be a Clippers fan, you kind of HAVE to have a tough skin.:whistle:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cp3 was in bitch mode in pregame interview. even if it wasn't meant to put down a woman (I don't think it was) he should be apologizing to the ref for his bs final sentence last night.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul was right though and I would be willing to bet that the fine for $25K was well worth it. The league will back their players up just audit managers back me up when I have a dispute with some one I am auditing, but we always have a discussion about if it could have been handled better and who was in the right. In my business customer relations is important and it is equally important for the NBA to have a discussion with the new rep and tell her to calm down and to quit using her gender as a weapon when their is a dispute. Granted Chris Paul complained first and criticized the ref, who then started the process "Oh boo hoo - you're attacking me because I' a woman - the entire thing got blown out of proportion.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cp3 was in bitch mode in pregame interview. even if it wasn't meant to put down a woman (I don't think it was) he should be apologizing to the ref for his bs final sentence last night.

The referee should be apologizing to Chris Paul for calling a ridiculous tech. She needs to get some tougher skin herself.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what was said.

According to Chris Paul - the ref said "Uh Uh" over something that wasn't even a foul and he asked her what did she mean and got T'd up - If CP is telling the truth - then I stand by what I said - He was right but once the Clippers saw that the group of refs were bent out of shape and determined to call a tight game, they(The Clippers) should have calmed down and backed off being so aggressive. If the Clippers want to go further into the playoffs and have a legitimate chance at a title, then they will have to learn how to adjust their game to how the game is being called. That doesn't mean the refs were right though