• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Long on Deflategate.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked out great for everyone involved. The Colts and Ravens are two of the best teams in the past two decades. Great move.

Really? Baltimore (which is a foundation city of the NFL) didn't have football for 13 years. I didn't have football in my life from when I was 14 until when I was 27. You think it worked out great for me??? All because Cooke was profiting from a team not being there.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Baltimore (which is a foundation city of the NFL) didn't have football for 13 years. I didn't have football in my life from when I was 14 until when I was 27. You think it worked out great for me??? All because Cooke was profiting from a team not being there.

Then you won a couple Superbowls. Get over it already. 14-27 are prime pussy getting years anyways. You had more important shit to focus on back then.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's remember that Tags time in office had nowhere near the category 7 hurricane of issues that Goodell has had to deal with.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's remember that Tags time in office had nowhere near the category 7 hurricane of issues that Goodell has had to deal with.

Very good point. Technology advances / social media has made the job 10 times harder at least. Headlines don't wait until the next morning's newspaper.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point. Technology advances / social media has made the job 10 times harder at least. Headlines don't wait until the next morning's newspaper.

Agree. But it also doesn't mean you have to bow to the media either. They could avoid a lot of this by not succumbing to temporary public emotions fueled by the medias right to free speech. Write whatever you want media, but don't expect us to respond to it all

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff.

Let’s get down to it: this story isn’t as much about air pressure as it is about the cult of the New England Patriots. The Patriots are really good at two things: winning football games and not giving a shit what you think about them.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly disagree. There are plenty of very successful franchises in sports who are well liked and respected.

People generally just can't tolerate the smugness and condescension that comes from the "faces" of the organization. The fact that the actually did cheat doesn't help matters either. Think Lance Armstrong and you will understand why the Patriots organization is so generally disliked.

No other franchise in the NFL has been as successful the Patriots have for the last 15 years. People hate when their team losses. So they find a way to hate on the Patriots.

If the Patriots were losing it wouldn't be smugness it would be called ineptness.

Instead of Lance Armstrong I think of the Raiders (Just win) of their glory years, Of Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry, and Pete Carroll of his USC teams. The Patriots have just won.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these assumptions are ridiculous.

Spygate aside, which barely qualifies as "cheating", not only has no other cheating been proved by the Patriots, but there hasn't even been any credible evidence.

Doug Flutie got a cheating helmet, right? Uh, did Flutie ever say that for the record? Did he ever say it to somebody else who repeated it for the record? Did anybody even put it on the record third hand? To my knowledge, no.

Practices were taped, right? Uh, did anybody ever cop to or get caught at that, without formally retracting the claim later???

Footballs were found at a low pressure, which is wholly explainable by high school science. THAT has everybody's panties in a bunch???

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other franchise in the NFL has been as successful the Patriots have for the last 15 years. People hate when their team losses. So they find a way to hate on the Patriots.

If the Patriots were losing it wouldn't be smugness it would be called ineptness.

Instead of Lance Armstrong I think of the Raiders (Just win) of their glory years, Of Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry, and Pete Carroll of his USC teams. The Patriots have just won.

I am more than happy and content as a football fan with the success of the team I root for. I consider myself extremely lucky and there isn't a jealous bone in my body when it comes to other organizations. Doesn't stop me from disliking the Patriots. Sure they've gotten the Ravens a few times...the Ravens have gotten them too. I actually have much more reason to dislike the Steelers, yet I don't dislike them as much as the Patriots.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these assumptions are ridiculous.

Spygate aside, which barely qualifies as "cheating", not only has no other cheating been proved by the Patriots, but there hasn't even been any credible evidence.

Doug Flutie got a cheating helmet, right? Uh, did Flutie ever say that for the record? Did he ever say it to somebody else who repeated it for the record? Did anybody even put it on the record third hand? To my knowledge, no.

Practices were taped, right? Uh, did anybody ever cop to or get caught at that, without formally retracting the claim later???

Footballs were found at a low pressure, which is wholly explainable by high school science. THAT has everybody's panties in a bunch???

Did Flutie dream that shit up because I've never heard that claim before.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we need yet ANOTHER new thread on an old topic because a player who says he never touches a ball anyway puts up an opinion piece on it and doesn't offer up any real insight or new information? :L

Really guys. We don't need another 10 new threads on this topic this week.

And then the OP questions why Seahawk fans are discussing this topic. Who's obsessed? :whistle:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - kind of like how that d-bag owner for the Orioles screwed over DC when they finally got a baseball team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we need yet ANOTHER new thread on an old topic because a player who says he never touches a ball anyway puts up an opinion piece on it and doesn't offer up any real insight or new information? :L

Really guys. We don't need another 10 new threads on this topic this week.

And then the OP questions why Seahawk fans are discussing this topic. Who's obsessed? :whistle:

You getting personal with me?

I'll start whatever threads I want. Fuck off.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the sentiment. Yes in the grand scheme of things its just football. However it is also a $9 Billion dollar industry that employs tens of thousands. So in that sense it's a bit more than just football.

It's just a football. One without rockets attached to it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people wonder why cops beat the hell out of them.....

:lol:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Content aside - it's pretty surprising such a well written piece came from a professional football player. I'm impressed.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake says he oversaw the deflation of footballs on the sideline right before games during his career. Speaking on "The Midday 180" out of Nashville, Blake said the practice was common.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.

"So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHOENIX -- Former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake says he oversaw the deflation of footballs on the sideline right before games during his career. Speaking on "The Midday 180" out of Nashville, Blake said the practice was common.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.

"So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

If this is the case then own it. No need to lie, just own it, take the fine and be done with it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stretching the rules is the Patriots' only redeeming quality. Trying to find loopholes and bending the rules a bit shows initiative. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

Fuck the Patriots because of Tom Brady's creepy voice and uggs.

Fuck the Patriots because they play in yankee country.

Fuck the Patriots because they've won 3 Super Bowls since my team's last title, while my other team has only played in one SB and lost it.

But who the fuck cares about filming other teams and letting some air out of footballs?