• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Long on Deflategate.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L - Hammer

Great article though.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me it always come back to the same thing. If it is such a minor thing and it makes no difference whatsoever then what is the point in doing it in the first place, and why does the league need a rule to stop teams from doing it?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me it always come back to the same thing. If it is such a minor thing and it makes no difference whatsoever then what is the point in doing it in the first place, and why does the league need a rule to stop teams from doing it?

Maybe they don't need a rule. Maybe the NFL under Goodell is being micromanaged to death.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they don't need a rule. Maybe the NFL under Goodell is being micromanaged to death.

I believe they need a rule for consistency sake. It's not just the offense that gets a shot at the ball on each play. Defenders should have the ability to expect the ball is going to feel a certain way too so I understand why the league wants the rule.

But the excuse that it "made no difference" or "didn't affect the game" is kind of lame to me. If it makes no difference at all like some claim then it also wouldn't make a difference to just leave the balls alone in the first place. This reminds me of my wife when she cooks. I hate onions. So she'll make a soup or chili or something and I'll ask if there are onions in it. She'll say "yes, but you can't even taste them." Then why put them in there!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy still works for the 32 owners
I'm sure he doesn't do jack without a majority...least in his mind

Most telling thing for me about Goodell is Tags saying this the doesn't speak with Roger, and that's Rogers decision. Tags was the man. Why box him out unless you're worried about being called out for shady shit by the ex commish who everyone loved?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they need a rule for consistency sake. It's not just the offense that gets a shot at the ball on each play. Defenders should have the ability to expect the ball is going to feel a certain way too so I understand why the league wants the rule.

But the excuse that it "made no difference" or "didn't affect the game" is kind of lame to me. If it makes no difference at all like some claim then it also wouldn't make a difference to just leave the balls alone in the first place. This reminds me of my wife when she cooks. I hate onions. So she'll make a soup or chili or something and I'll ask if there are onions in it. She'll say "yes, but you can't even taste them." Then why put them in there!!!

To PISS U Off:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk man. It's just a football at the end of the day. It's not like they're strapping rockets onto it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy still works for the 32 owners
I'm sure he doesn't do jack without a majority...least in his mind

Yep...he gets paid all that money to do exactly what he is told and then be the fall guy when the shit hits the fan.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man. It's just a football at the end of the day. It's not like they're strapping rockets onto it.

Since when does following a rule book have to be rocket science?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams, fans, and haters in general need to justify why New England has been so good for so long! If it wasn't video taping practices and deflating footballs it would be some other issue.

Fans can't accept the Patriots are just better and the Hoodie and Brady win consistently so it isn't the Patriots are just better they have to cheat to win to justify why my team lost!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most telling thing for me about Goodell is Tags saying this the doesn't speak with Roger, and that's Rogers decision. Tags was the man. Why box him out unless you're worried about being called out for shady shit by the ex commish who everyone loved?

No question...Roger has the ego. I just think he knows how to keep his job.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand the sentiment. Yes in the grand scheme of things its just football. However it is also a $9 Billion dollar industry that employs tens of thousands. So in that sense it's a bit more than just football.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Tags" was a corrupt piece of shit. He did everything in his power not to put a team in Baltimore because he was in Jack Kent Cooke's (another p.o.s) pocket.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tags" was a corrupt piece of shit. He did everything in his power not to put a team in Baltimore because he was in Jack Kent Cooke's (another p.o.s) pocket.

Worked out great for everyone involved. The Colts and Ravens are two of the best teams in the past two decades. Great move.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can we strap a few rockets on Goofdell and say b'bye!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams, fans, and haters in general need to justify why New England has been so good for so long! If it wasn't video taping practices and deflating footballs it would be some other issue.

Fans can't accept the Patriots are just better and the Hoodie and Brady win consistently so it isn't the Patriots are just better they have to cheat to win to justify why my team lost!

I strongly disagree. There are plenty of very successful franchises in sports who are well liked and respected.

People generally just can't tolerate the smugness and condescension that comes from the "faces" of the organization. The fact that the actually did cheat doesn't help matters either. Think Lance Armstrong and you will understand why the Patriots organization is so generally disliked.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the sentiment. Yes in the grand scheme of things its just football. However it is also a $9 Billion dollar industry that employs tens of thousands. So in that sense it's a bit more than just football.

Point is it's just a football. Only so much you can do with it. I mean, if all it takes to build a dynasty is a few taped practices and a couple lbs of deflated air, then shame on the Lions for not doing it too. Seriously.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we strap a few rockets on Goofdell and say b'bye!!

I think his days are numbered. Especially if he has to apologize to the Pats after getting the whole worlds panties in a bunch.