• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Culliver

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
According to PFR he did. Regardless, it doesn't happen "quite a bit" as you grossly exaggerated. Speaking of another gross exaggeration - nobody said it was rocket science; but, to swing the exaggeration in the other direction - it’s not a walk in the park either.

You have a tendancy to try to unnecessarily categorize my statements in order to make your point seem more valid. It's not working. The phrase "quite a bit" can't be a gross exaggeration. It's a relative term.

Wrong - his instincts & smarts are ingrained in the position of CB - When changing tendencies, the earlier the better.

I don't agree with that. Instincts have to do with quickly assesing, guessing & reacting to what the offense is going to do & what it does. A CB can develop that as easily as a FS, and experience makes them better.

And look at Antrel Rolle. He was immediately a great safety. He picked it up extremely quickly. So was Woodson. So was Anneas Williams.

It's a lot closer to a walk in the park than to rocket science. Players switch positions "quite a bit." They go from DE to OLB, safety to LB, LB to safety, 4-3 DT to 3-4 DE, etc. Those are all harder transitions than CB to FS. It's one of the easier transitions. Jammer can play FS; no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Got it.

I don't see how it would be easier to make the transition early VS late. In fact, I think making the transition later in a career would probably be easier, because his instincts & smarts would be much better / higher.

I disagree. The player wouldn't have "safety" instincts. The transition period is much shorter when you're 34 than when you're 22. If you convert a 22 year old and it takes him 2 years to figure everything out, you have a safety for a dozen years. If you convert a 34 year old and it takes him 2 years, he retires.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u need three starters at corner in today's nfl. plus rogers is up there in age, so cully might be a starter within the next couple years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
u need three starters at corner in today's nfl. plus rogers is up there in age, so cully might be a starter within the next couple years.

I thought he might be a starter THIS year, but Brown beat him out. It's a good problem to have.

This opinion is based largely on Cox. If he can be a good 3rd CB & Goldson's gone, I don't see any reason Culliver shouldn't play FS (unless the Niners get someone else of course).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he might be a starter THIS year, but Brown beat him out. It's a good problem to have.

This opinion is based largely on Cox. If he can be a good 3rd CB & Goldson's gone, I don't see any reason Culliver shouldn't play FS (unless the Niners get someone else of course).

moving cully to safety would be dumb. sign someone else and/or draft someone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
moving cully to safety would be dumb. sign someone else and/or draft someone.

I honestly don't love the idea either, but the defense might be better with him at FS then starting a rook.

FA doesn't offer many viable options, which is why I suggested Jammer as a possible 1-2 year stopgap to convert to FS. It's a long way to the draft though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a tendancy to try to unnecessarily categorize my statements in order to make your point seem more valid. It's not working. The phrase "quite a bit" can't be a gross exaggeration. It's a relative term.

LMAO!!! And you have a tendency to play the coward-card every time you and one of your "relative terms" get called to the carpet. Good news! That is working!

I don't agree with that. Instincts have to do with quickly assesing, guessing & reacting to what the offense is going to do & what it does. A CB can develop that as easily as a FS, and experience makes them better.

Keep reading Google kid you almost make sense.

It's a lot closer to a walk in the park than to rocket science.

Hey! you got something right! I wholeheartedly agree with that! That rocket science comment was really stupid! Who said that - oh that's right, you did.

Players switch positions "quite a bit."

That's horseshit! Players switch positions "all the time"

They go from DE to OLB, safety to LB, LB to safety, 4-3 DT to 3-4 DE, etc. Those are all harder transitions than CB to FS. It's one of the easier transitions. Jammer can play FS; no problem.

Whoops, you shit your pants "a little bit" there, but it was funny and I'm learning to laugh at you ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bemular,

1. I'm a "coward" because I don't agree with YOU most valiant anonymous internet poster?
2. Your Google comment doesn't even make sense.
3. You're becomming extremely immature and annoying.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular,

1. I'm a "coward" because I don't agree with YOU most valiant anonymous internet poster?
2. Your Google comment doesn't even make sense.
3. You're becomming extremely immature and annoying.

NinerSickness,

1) Yes, you are a coward - but not at all because you don't agree with me.

2) My Google comment does make sense - Google your BS to find out why.

3) You mean I'm becoming just like YOU!! - LMAO!! Good!!! How do you like it?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not saying it would be a good idea to sign an aging Jammer, but...

Jammer probably has better chance of playing more snaps at FS then he does at CB at this stage of his career...

I also don't think its a huge stretch to convert an older CB to FS, providing the player has nominal awareness and football smarts...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bemular, let's just not reply to each other's comments from now on so nobody gets accused of trolling. Agreed?

Wouldn't want SportsHoopla to turn into another ESPN stink hole.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular, let's just not reply to each other's comments from now on so nobody gets accused of trolling. Agreed?

Wouldn't want SportsHoopla to turn into another ESPN stink hole.

NinerSickness,

I wasn't a part of the ESPN board. Since you were, may I assume you were also part of the reason it was a stink-hole? Sure it was. Perhaps you should go back there to spew your garbage; or, you can just develop some integrity and everything will be just fine.

9er_plight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NinerSickness,

I wasn't a part of the ESPN board. Since you were, may I assume you were also part of the reason it was a stink-hole? Sure it was. Perhaps you should go back there to spew your garbage; or, you can just develop some integrity and everything will be just fine.

Yes, you were on the ESPN boards. You had a black and white picture of an old school football player (can't remember who it was) sitting down and hunched over in the locker room as your avatar. I had my suspicions back then that you were MW, but you screwed up when you came to Sportshoopla and didn't realize that the mods could check your IP address. Stop lying. Some of us are paying attention and can see right through your crap.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you were on the ESPN boards. You had a black and white picture of an old school football player (can't remember who it was) sitting down and hunched over in the locker room as your avatar. I had my suspicions back then that you were MW, but you screwed up when you came to Sportshoopla and didn't realize that the mods could check your IP address. Stop lying. Some of us are paying attention and can see right through your crap.

Listen clod - I know all about IP shit dumbass - I used to be a mod on another board. So take your IP theory and shove it up your ass! I'm staying at MW's home and that is why I have his IP - I'm not MW.

Why the FUCK would I put over 3000 posts on a different handle? That would make sense to only an idiot - yes you! now STFU about me being MW.

9er_plight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Listen clod - I know all about IP shit dumbass - I used to be a mod on another board. So take your IP theory and shove it up your ass! I'm staying at MW's home and that is why I have his IP - I'm not MW.

Why the FUCK would I put over 3000 posts on a different handle? That would make sense to only an idiot - yes you! now STFU about me being MW.

Oh my. Looks like I touched a nerve. Yes, that's a very interesting story about you making all your posts from MW's computer. He's out of town on personal reasons and you're keeping an eye on things around his place, you say? Funny that you both have identical writing styles, feud with many of the same posters, and you suddenly take an active interest in posting on Sportshoopla the moment MW vanished from the boards. Very convenient.

Oh, you also didn't address what I said about your false claim of not being on the ESPN boards. I can't begin to explain why you would change handles, but I'm quite certain that's exactly what you did. Tell MW I said hi.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And look at Antrel Rolle. He was immediately a great safety. He picked it up extremely quickly. So was Woodson. So was Anneas Williams.

It's a lot closer to a walk in the park than to rocket science. Players switch positions "quite a bit." They go from DE to OLB, safety to LB, LB to safety, 4-3 DT to 3-4 DE, etc. Those are all harder transitions than CB to FS. It's one of the easier transitions. Jammer can play FS; no problem.

hmmm...."unnecessarily categorize" is too nice a description, but your point is made.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, we just need to figure out who 9er_plight is... Plight is a bit like sickness, but it was started back in August 2011, so it can't be NinerSickness, another poster active in this thread, unless he foresaw the need to post in a different name... or who is Sickness' roomate/friend. Just kidding.

I'm actually not making any accusations here, I'm only kidding. I just thought it'd be ironic if a guy accusing Bem as creating a new handle would create another handle for himself, when all his current posts are about Bem being MW. I have no idea and don't really care who is who. I read the content of people's posts and agree, disagree, or leave be.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying NinerSickness = 9er_plight or Bemular = MW. I won't get into that stuff. I'm sorry if I insulted anyone with my previous post.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my. Looks like I touched a nerve. Yes, that's a very interesting story about you making all your posts from MW's computer. He's out of town on personal reasons and you're keeping an eye on things around his place, you say? Funny that you both have identical writing styles, feud with many of the same posters, and you suddenly take an active interest in posting on Sportshoopla the moment MW vanished from the boards. Very convenient.

Oh, you also didn't address what I said about your false claim of not being on the ESPN boards. I can't begin to explain why you would change handles, but I'm quite certain that's exactly what you did. Tell MW I said hi.

This has been brought up many times. No need to rehash this.

BTW - I don't remember a 49ers_plight on the ESPN boards.