• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Choosing Calvin Johnson #5

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably weighing in on this too late. But I have this fantasy phobia. And when a player has the best season of his career - as Calvin did last season - the odds of him repeating those numbers are not with him.

In Calvin's defense, he is a very consistent fantasy producer. But I seriously doubt he will hit 1900 yards again. So if guys are drafting him expecting 1900... you should have drafted a RB at that spot.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Reggie Bush in the 6th round, right after Wilson. I've never had Bush....or the RB out of USC on my fantasy team.

Dude, if you're in a PPR league, that is nonsense. Even if you're not, that is a low draft spot. Either way, nice job, brotha.

I'm probably weighing in on this too late. But I have this fantasy phobia. And when a player has the best season of his career - as Calvin did last season - the odds of him repeating those numbers are not with him.

In Calvin's defense, he is a very consistent fantasy producer. But I seriously doubt he will hit 1900 yards again. So if guys are drafting him expecting 1900... you should have drafted a RB at that spot.

That's a good point, Joe. I'm glad I passed on him. I personally think Charles could end up with a similar number of points in a PPR format at an exponentially more important position.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if you're in a PPR league, that is nonsense. Even if you're not, that is a low draft spot. Either way, nice job, brotha.
Thanks. In my league RB do not get PPR. I typically "sacrifice" at RB. I drafted 7 this year. I think it's worth the risk. There's always the waiver wire. Look what Alfred Morris did last year. He went undrafted last season in my league. I also got Eddie Lacy (7th), Frank Gore (9th), Ahmad Bradshaw (11th), Ronnie Hillman (14th), and Rashard Mendenhall (15th).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. In my league RB do not get PPR. I typically "sacrifice" at RB. I drafted 7 this year. I think it's worth the risk. There's always the waiver wire. Look what Alfred Morris did last year. He went undrafted last season in my league. I also got Eddie Lacy (7th), Frank Gore (9th), Ahmad Bradshaw (11th), Ronnie Hillman (14th), and Rashard Mendenhall (15th).

What is this? A 6 team league? Mendenhall was gone before my pick in the 5th round in 2 of my leagues, and Mendenhall sucks. Gore, Bush and Wilson should be gone in the top 30 in any format. Lacy and Bradshaw are 4th round picks.