• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly vs Nick Saban

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this another case of OD trying to lump Oregon with something better again? Like when he wanted LSU to win the national championship in 2011 so they and UO could be "the best 1-2 duo in college football"? :L

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this and then decide if the Oregon fans are full of shit bragging on Chip Kelly and the All Facilities Team of the Decade going to the NC game (where they got their ass beat). Go ahead. Read it. I'll bet there aren't 2 duck fans in the whole world who have read this breakdown.

Every fan of every team that has gone to the NC game should read this.

Eliminating AQ bids would improve BCS process; more Mailbag - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban >>>>> Meyer >> Kelly

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow OD...why the fuck you post this man? It is Saban and it's not even remotely close bro. Nothing against Chip, he's pretty good with his up-tempo offense, but Saban is the best, and the only coach I would even think to compare him with is Jim Harbaugh.

Bear Bryant coached until he was 69. JoePA coached into his mid-80's. Bobby Bowden coached until he was forced out at 79 or 80. Schellenburger or however the fuck you spell it, he was coaching at 78. Bill Snyder is 73 and still coaching today.

Nick Saban is 61, so who's to say he doesn't have another 10-15 years left in him?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Oregon beats Stanfod, and Alabama isn't even going to the natty last year.

...if my Aunt had a penis, she wouldn't be...

Not saying that Chip Kelly is not a good coach...but claiming he is a lock for #2 is hyperbole at it's finest, Mack Brown has accomplished more in a 4 year period than Kelly...maybe not the last 4, but you get my point and look at all the people on here calling for Mack's head...

As a college coach there is only 1 ultimate prize...and Chip Kelly has 0 of those.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...if my Aunt had a penis, she wouldn't be...

Not saying that Chip Kelly is not a good coach...but claiming he is a lock for #2 is hyperbole at it's finest, Mack Brown has accomplished more in a 4 year period than Kelly...maybe not the last 4, but you get my point and look at all the people on here calling for Mack's head...

As a college coach there is only 1 ultimate prize...and Chip Kelly has 0 of those.
Oh no your aunt could still have a penis and be your aunt down south. :yahoo:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take the best 4 years of Mack, Stoops, Meyer, and Peterson they all dwarf the 4 years of Kelly.

In 2009, Mack was look to win his 4th BCS bowl game in 5 years, 5th consecutive bowl win, 5th consecutive 12+ wins, and 2nd undefeated national title with Colt McCoy leading the way. This was after 15 years of cranking out 9 win top 10 seasons.

He wins that game and he would maybe have been considered the best ever by most polls in February 2009.

But we all know the narrative.

Now Mack gets ridiculed nonstop as a joke. (Fairly or Unfairly)

Chip Kelly had a nice 4 year run. He didn't really win anything, but it was a good run.

We cannot consider someone the greatest coach currently in the game by such a small sample size.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:
I am literally mind boggled at the disrespect Chip Kelly is getting in here.

if Oregon beats Stanford the Ducks are playing Notre Dame in the national title.
:laugh3:If LSU Knocks down that last pass with 1 min and 28 secs left, the Tigers are BEATING Notre Dame in the NCG!

I'm not disrespecting Chip, I like him. I like him a lot more than nick, who is a REAL PRICK as a person! He is an ego maniac and nothing is nicks fault in a loss/its all his doing when they win.
I cannot for the life of me understand why a HS kid (and his parents) want to be around his guidance and influence for 4 impressionable years! However, he wins ball games and sends players to the NFL.
NOT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM LES MILES, except Miles is not as big a PRICK. I guess nicky wins more games though.
Nicks a better coach, Chips a better person!

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Last pass by bama, in case you forgot!:doh:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
::laugh3:If LSU Knocks down that last pass with 1 min and 28 secs left, the Tigers are BEATING Notre Dame in the NCG!

I'm not disrespecting Chip, I like him. I like him a lot more than nick, who is a REAL PRICK as a person! He is an ego maniac and nothing is nicks fault in a loss/its all his doing when they win.
I cannot for the life of me understand why a HS kid (and his parents) want to be around his guidance and influence for 4 impressionable years! However, he wins ball games and sends players to the NFL.
NOT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM LES MILES, except Miles is not as big a PRICK. I guess nicky wins more games though.

If frogs had wings...

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO! What is this? Is that you Ducks?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
::laugh3:If LSU Knocks down that last pass with 1 min and 28 secs left, the Tigers are BEATING Notre Dame in the NCG!

I love playing the what if game! If VY stayed for his sr year, Texas is your first back to back national champ. Had Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley stayed for their sr year, Texas is your 2008 NC. Had Colt not been injured, Texas might have been your 2009 NC. Mack Brown has been an ass hair away from a dynasty!!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I could just eat cereal debating this topic all day, great comparisons and debate between Kelly and Saban.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I could just eat cereal debating this topic all day, great comparisons and debate between Kelly and Saban.

OD I think you would've had a better debate if Kelly was still at OU and you posted this two years later, yes came in and won, but to compare him to Saban, you just cant for the simple fact Nicks collect a few "Natty's " at Bama....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD I think you would've had a better debate if Kelly was still at OU and you posted this two years later, yes came in and won, but to compare him to Saban, you just cant for the simple fact Nicks collect a few "Natty's " at Bama....

There is no question, had Chip stayed at Oregon for this upcoming season the talk would be Ducks vs Tide in NCG.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 505.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot I would take Meyer over Saban and Kelly.
devil_slayer.gif

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Fan's rallying cries:

"we wont miss Chip Kelly at all. The system will continue flawlessly without him. In fact they might be better with the new coach!!!"

"Chip Kelly is the greatest coach in all of college football. We think he is better than Saban. Look at what he did for us as an all time great coach."

"But, we wont miss him...because its a system... we can plug in the next guy without skipping a beat."

"But, he was the greatest coach in the entire game."

Make up your minds.

Apparently the guy sitting behind Chip Kelly is better than Chip Kelly....who was better than Saban...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Helfrich is Kelly's protégé. Kelly implemented a system here at Oregon that these coaches learned from, Helfirch was Chip's right hand man. The program/team will NOT miss a beat without Chip because Chip created all of this. Helfrich will take off right where Chip left off, eventually resulting in a national title.