• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Canned???

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the coach does not have control the GM can make the final decision. I am pretty sure all coaches and scouts have some say. I was talking about the final decision. None of the top available coaches will take the job if they do not have the final decision on who they have on the team.
Then they can move on as far as i'm concerned. I'll take a new assistant, if necessary.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they can move on as far as i'm concerned. I'll take a new assistant, if necessary.

So you would pass on Sean Payton if he said he wanted final say on players?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you can. You're cutting your losses and stopping the bleeding now. Chip didn't know what he was doing.

More like placing a used band-aid on a wound that will continue to come off time after time again

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a desirable job. No the cubbard isn't bear but there is alot of work to be done. The most pressing need is not having a QB. A new coach is most likely going to prefer to draft and develop one. I see Sanchez as our starter next year with that rookie being brought along. I also think just about every draft pick we have will be used on the offense. At least 3 offensive lineman drafted.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a desirable job. No the cubbard isn't bear but there is alot of work to be done. The most pressing need is not having a QB. A new coach is most likely going to prefer to draft and develop one. I see Sanchez as our starter next year with that rookie being brought along. I also think just about every draft pick we have will be used on the offense. At least 3 offensive lineman drafted.

Ahahahahahahahaha this is literally the funniest thing I have read all day

The tank job has begun for the Eagles

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like placing a used band-aid on a wound that will continue to come off time after time again
I get what you're saying about Lurie. I think he's suspect too and he allowed himself to get duped last offseason by Chip. (As a result Chip fell on his face and embarrassed Lurie, resulting in the quick hook).

but i know this was the right move by Lurie.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would pass on Sean Payton if he said he wanted final say on players?
I dunno. I'd hope he'd be willing to work with a proven GM that i presume we're bringing in. For example, if we had Ron Wolfe and Sean Payton fought for final say over him, he could move along. You work with those type of dudes not fight for glory over them.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying about Lurie. I think he's suspect too and he allowed himself to get duped last offseason by Chip. (As a result Chip fell on his face and embarrassed Lurie, resulting in the quick hook).

but i know this was the right move by Lurie.

It was the right move for sure but for Lurie to take this team to the next level he needs to get "real" football people in here to make decisions.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous about Howie running the GM role. Not sure why? I wonder if John Harbaugh would leave Baltimore? I'm just throwing names out for a HC possibility? He is still under contract, but curious if he would have interest in the Birds?

He may get fired after this losing season, so he may be available.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I'd hope he'd be willing to work with a proven GM that i presume we're bringing in. For example, if we had Ron Wolfe and Sean Payton fought for final say over him, he could move along. You work with those type of dudes not fight for glory over them.

That I can agree with.....on that same token though if you take out Ron Wolfe and put Howie in there the scenario is completely different.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be great. He is much different than his hot-wired brother Jim. He has been with the Eagles in the past as a ST coach.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I can agree with.....on that same token though if you take out Ron Wolfe and put Howie in there the scenario is completely different.
i agree with that.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they fire him? They had injuries and its his first losing season; first time he missed the playoffs i think.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea of Sanchez as QB next year with a rookie being groomed is actually quite likely. So get used to it.

As for John Harbaugh, if he gets fired he is #1 on Lurie's list, I guarantee it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they fire him? They had injuries and its his first losing season; first time he missed the playoffs i think.

There have rumors in Balt cuz they have gone downhill. Stay tuned!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to the story than what we hear now. I am sure things will evolve as time goes by. Could be that Chip had enough failure and wanted to move on. He will get a college job very soon. However the Eagles are better off without him. The player moral should pick up just knowing that he is gone.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more to the story than what we hear now. I am sure things will evolve as time goes by. Could be that Chip had enough failure and wanted to move on. He will get a college job very soon. However the Eagles are better off without him. The player moral should pick up just
knowing that he is gone.

I think it came down to control. Lurie more than likely told Chip that his was did not work and he planned on making some changes and CK probably did not want to accept that. Probably gave another ultimatum and this time lost.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it came down to control. Lurie more than likely told Chip that his was did not work and he planned on making some changes and CK probably did not want to accept that. Probably gave another ultimatum and this time lost.
You may be right. Chip has an ego.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That depends...

Might be that Lurie told Kelly that he wanted Roseman back as GM. I am not sure whether Kelly would have balked at somebody else in as GM (seeing how Kelly has in the mean time stated that he would not demand full control in a next job).

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imho... Kelly had some ideas regarding tempo that other teams (including belichick) have incorporated into their scheme. It's not a scheme in itself, it's just temp and the importance of better cardio in preparation. It causes defenses to tire, make more mistakes, gives you better mismatches and against tired players. So some of what Chip brought was good - and you can already see many other teams doing it.

However, Chips big problem is it was completely neutralized by the 3 and outs. Time of possession is still a very important part of the engine. If your temp is fast, but your getting your offense off the field fast, the opposing defense is RESTING and the only thing your doing.. is... WEARING OUT YOUR OWN DEFENSE! Chip never seemed to adjust to this.

I also think the issue with him unable to deal with big personalities and ego's caused him to create holes in the team that came back and bit him. He also alienated himself from the players in doing so. I said from the start this was my concern with him coming from college, and it certainly played into it. Scheme is one thing, but player skillset is another. NFL is not a plug and play level.

I have a hunch, the problems between Chip and Lurie go back to last year and might have been the reason that Lurie gave Chip complete control. I have a sinking suspicion that Lurie said - fine, this is all yours, so you have no excuses, since you think you know it all. I think Lurie gave him enough rope to hang himself. And we went downhill this year. Players were quitting on him. Lurie pulled the plug. Pure business.

I also think the 'timing' might be slightly to Chip's favor and Lurie giving the team a save-face excuse for losing so that we can get a higher pick in the draft. Even under Reid we would win meaningless games, instead of giving our young studs experience, and get a real draft pick. This also gives Chip and other teams in need of a HC time to talk and line themselves up once the hiring begins. I'm not so sure it's Lurie being that pissed at Chip as much as simply not buying into his system anymore, giving him the chance to do the best he can for himself elsewhere, and Lurie wants to move on before we dismantle any more of our skillset players and the mindset of our players.

I was a sean payton fan and he was my top of my list prior to the hiring of Chip also - so I'd definitely be agreeable to that.