• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Canned???

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just give my "opinion" ... I'm very happy we have moved on from Chip. I saw no adjustments all year and to win in this league consistently you have to keep changing things up "and" playing to player strengths. I think Chip is a guy who knows one way and he forces that way regardless of what others think or what personnel he has. I didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel moving forward ... I was as excited as anyone else to see if the great college scheme would work in the pros, but it doesn't. Unless you have a great O (which includes having a top notch OL) you kill your D when it doesn't work. Looking forward to not wasting away DeMarco Murray (or trade him away for peanuts) as I think we can have a very good running game as a solid base in a more traditional Offense. Looking forward to moving Jordan Matthews to the outside and maybe draft a good slot receiver ... no more Oregon players please. I also want to see us move back to a 4-3 D ... I think we have solid players on the Defensive side of the ball who fit much better in a 4-3 based D.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

And regardless of the relationship betwen Lurie and Roseman, i don't know Roseman gets the GM gig.
I'm nervous about Howie running the GM role. Not sure why? I wonder if John Harbaugh would leave Baltimore? I'm just throwing names out for a HC possibility? He is still under contract, but curious if he would have interest in the Birds?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no.

Chips fat fingers are all over this trainwreck.
The team declined on O 3 straight years.
The team declined on D 3 straight years.
The team declined in wins.
What more do you need?

3 years in, you're supposed to trend the other direction. There are ZERO signs chip was doing anything was right at this point in his tenure.

Defense was actually the strength of this team until Jordan Hicks and a whole host of other players were injured later in the season - and it's ironic that two of the games where they got shelled by Tampa and Detroit were games that Mark Sanchez started - they only looked mediocre the last two games because Arizona is great and does that to everyone and Washington is hot and the Eagles had more backups than normal in that game

Offense didn't score as many points for sure, but the receivers really left the QB's out to dry with the constant drops and guys like DeMarco Murray did nothing to help either - offensive line was bad because Jason Peters was banged up and that made a huge difference since that is the side that Sam Bradford has to worry about the most

Eagles had a LOT of new players on this team going into 2015 and they needed time to gel and they started looking better later in the season and the injury to Sam Bradford really took a toll on them - you can't keep changing coaches like this and not give the team enough time to gel - in reality, it's a five year plan from the time Chip came here and that's what it should have been - now you put the whole team influx with the coaching change and who knows what happens - you'll end up in the same situation next season if the coach and GM decide they want a bunch of new players again - this team will have no chemistry whatsoever and you'll see the same thing yet again where they're trying to play catch up late in the season instead of being at the top

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA HA HA fuck Chip Kelly. I never liked the guy,though it was a bad move to bring him in the first place. I gave him a chance but after the first two games of this year it was all over in my mind. He fucked this team up, luckily they have some talent still left but its going to be a few years for another coach to come in here and fix this mess.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just give my "opinion" ... I'm very happy we have moved on from Chip. I saw no adjustments all year and to win in this league consistently you have to keep changing things up "and" playing to player strengths. I think Chip is a guy who knows one way and he forces that way regardless of what others think or what personnel he has. I didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel moving forward ... I was as excited as anyone else to see if the great college scheme would work in the pros, but it doesn't. Unless you have a great O (which includes having a top notch OL) you kill your D when it doesn't work. Looking forward to not wasting away DeMarco Murray (or trade him away for peanuts) as I think we can have a very good running game as a solid base in a more traditional Offense. Looking forward to moving Jordan Matthews to the outside and maybe draft a good slot receiver ... no more Oregon players please. I also want to see us move back to a 4-3 D ... I think we have solid players on the Defensive side of the ball who fit much better in a 4-3 based D.
Spot on!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is loaded on D and fixable on O. I wouldn't say it's a bad situation to come into.

Wiz you're right on. There are some good pieces to work with here.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'll add on to this: If anyone deserves to be let go, it's the sorry excuse of a defensive coordinator that the Eagles still have on board - some of what he did including putting Eric Rowe out to pasture in the Detroit game was embarrassing and it really showed how bad of a d-coordinator he is - they haven't had a credible defensive coordinator in a while and that is one of the main reasons for the issues on this team - there is talent on defense and with another good defensive draft, the defense could finally start to gel but the coordinator has held them back

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at the very least we should franchise TAg Bradford, yes he would be grossly overpaid for 1 year, but it allows us to take a longer look at him, and draft a Qb....First round pick MUST BE an offensive lineman.

Still on the fence on this fence. He just doesn't look like he cares but perhaps in a different system he may do better.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'll add on to this: If anyone deserves to be let go, it's the sorry excuse of a defensive coordinator that the Eagles still have on board - some of what he did including putting Eric Rowe out to pasture in the Detroit game was embarrassing and it really showed how bad of a d-coordinator he is - they haven't had a credible defensive coordinator in a while and that is one of the main reasons for the issues on this team - there is talent on defense and with another good defensive draft, the defense could finally start to gel but the coordinator has held them back

He will be the next one to go.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where you get off deciding that an opinion you don't agree with is in the minority? He makes a number of very valid points. And even if he is in the minority, that doesn't make him wrong. Its really not relevant how many people agree. This could very well be little more than Roseman's revenge that we will all look back at as a huge mistake.
there is a 0% chance firing Chip Kelly is a mistake. Just wait for the stories to come out. Word on the street is the players revolted

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, I changed my vote in the Chip Kelly poll from 'Give him more time' to 'Fire him now'. I feel so responsible for all this!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous about Howie running the GM role. Not sure why? I wonder if John Harbaugh would leave Baltimore? I'm just throwing names out for a HC possibility? He is still under contract, but curious if he would have interest in the Birds?

Howie is done with player personnel decisions. The next coach will probably have complete say in players as well. It looks like Tom Donohoe is the boss when it comes to personnel for the time being. No good coach will take the job if he does not have say in personnel.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- you can't keep changing coaches like this and not give the team enough time to gel
Yes you can. You're cutting your losses and stopping the bleeding now. Chip didn't know what he was doing.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you have 4-3 personnel running a 3-4.
Thats on the HC, Chip Kelly, homie.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on Sunday on the Eagles/Redskins Gamethread at the end of the thread....

LOL reading what you people posted during the game was commical.....Ripping on Sam Bradford, the dude has played better than anyone not named Cox or Jenkins the last 5 or 6 games. The Wr's aren't total Garbage, Jordan matthews is actually pretty damn good, Agholor has talent, he had a bit of a rough rookie season, and the inury set him back several weeks, but you get a solid veteran that can help both these two young Wr's with some of the ins and outs of becoming a great wr and these two will do quite well. We need 3 wr's...besides these two all the rest can be cut. I have given up on Josh Huff....I was highly upset when we passed on 3 guys I really liked Donte Moncrief, Martavis Bryant and John Brown to select Huff....I thought Huff was gonna be a poor mans Steve Smith.....yeah a really poor mans....he just seems like a complete idiot! How could Kelly not know this, after all he coached him in college! Looking at this team it's clear the problem is Kelly, he needs to go. There is talent on that defense, the defense can be turned around in a hurry. The o-line needs work, and Wr's....Keep Bradford, draft a young Qb and bring in a new head coach and Gm.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is done with player personnel decisions. The next coach will probably have complete say in players as well. It looks like Tom Donohoe is the boss when it comes to personnel for the time being. No good coach will take the job if he does not have say in personnel.
all coaches have SOME say in personnel. Some teams Pittsburgh, NYG, have clear lines between the responsibilities of the coach and GM and do a real good job year in and year out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all coaches have SOME say in personnel. Some teams Pittsburgh, NYG, have clear lines between the responsibilities of the coach and GM and do a real good job year in and year out.

But if the coach does not have control the GM can make the final decision. I am pretty sure all coaches and scouts have some say. I was talking about the final decision. None of the top available coaches will take the job if they do not have the final decision on who they have on the team.