• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Canned???

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Lurie had a chat with Kelly and presented some strong opinions and observations and Kelly became indignant. Perhaps Lurie told him changes were going to be made and Kelly became demanding. This is so out of the blue that something had to go down behind closed doors.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is very an unlike Lurie thing to do. I thought for sure that he would get 1 more season to fix this shit. My next question is who in their right fucking mind would want to come into this mess?

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is loaded on D and fixable on O. I wouldn't say it's a bad situation to come into.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may help The Eagles keep key guys like Vinny Curry, Fletcher Cox and maybe even Bradford.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is a complete mess. Howie needs to go along with the others still on the current coaching staff. We need to lose to the NYG.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow shocked that this happened.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's response went something like this....

What the hell is this?

I'm being fired? Is that what this is? I'm being fired? This is funny. That's what this is...

... I'm gonna rip the eyes out of your head and puke into your dead skull, you messed with the wrong football coach!

You friggin' people. You have no idea how to run a team. All you did was weaken a football team today. That's all you did.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is an absolute joke - give a guy full autonomy to run an organization and then can him a year later - this is why the Eagles can't win anything of significance - no patience whatsoever here

It's too easy to blame Chip for the struggles of this team because he's the coach and GM - the players absolutely cratered and one of things that really nerved me was all the anonymous quotes that came out from players(apparently Emmanuel Acho was one of them because he tweeted something about abusing power earlier) - those players should have been long gone - if the players who were mad about LeSean/DeSean/etc being gone then those players should have gone too

There are a bunch of selfish pricks on this football team that are afraid to air their grievances to Chip's face or anyone in public - the only one who spoke out and told people to get their shit together was Malcolm Jenkins - so many of these players say shit behind the backs of others and those are players that I don't want on the team

Chip is not perfect like most GM's, but to can someone after one year of full autonomy is why this team will be set back for many years - Andy Reid screwed this team over for 4-5 years because of bad drafting late in his tenure and Chip gets too much hate for 1-2 bad drafts when in reality, things were bad in previous years

I can't blame Chip for signing DeMarco because he wanted a different type of running back and with Ryan Mathews already signed and his injury history being an issue, he wanted three RB's and he thought at the very least that DeMarco could be reliable and he wasn't - DeMarco was an absolute bust and I was thrilled when they signed him but he was a major letdown - he wasn't going to have the huge stats he had in Dallas but to be so far off his numbers from the year before tells me that he just isn't very reliable or good - it has nothing to do with play calling - a real good/great running back is good in ANY system - the fact that DeMarco couldn't adjust tells me that he just can't hack it as a reliable number one on this team - maybe in a specific system elsewhere he thrives but that doesn't make him a great RB - he's one of those system RB's that only does well when certain things go his way

The Sam Bradford move was good for this team and he looked great later in the season - Chip was sincere in his interest in keeping him long term and even though he gave up a 2nd rounder to get him, in theory, it was worth it because Sam Bradford was much better than Nick Foles

Evan Mathis could have been kept and it probably would have improved the o-line but he yapped all offseason about not getting his contract and like a lot of other players, it didn't sit well with Chip because the player had his interest above the team and you can't let all the players be that way

He improved the secondary by bringing in Byron Maxwell and Eric Rowe(they're not great but they held their own and looked better and better as the year went on besides a few clunkers here and there) - it takes a number of years to turn a team into a Super Bowl contender - this team is going back to square one by getting rid of Chip

Eventually, maybe people have to start looking at the owner because while this team has won a lot of regular season games, they have also not helped their cause with a lot of negative press and mind-boggling moves throughout the last number of years - the Eagles are going to start becoming the laughing stock of the league if they start changing coaches like this and lacking the patience to let the coach/GM make the necessary moves to make this team a contender and to change the culture

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this is Howie's revenge. Just shows there has been alot going on that has not been reported as well. Can't wait to hear the stories emerge.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they asked him to fire a couple people and he wouldn't do it.
Or submit to a real GM.

But Shefty put it out there in November that Lurie had absolutely soured on Chip. This seems to support that. Get ready for the flood of stories about the circus Chip was running the last few years...

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is an absolute joke - give a guy full autonomy to run an organization and then can him a year later - this is why the Eagles can't win anything of significance - no patience whatsoever here

It's too easy to blame Chip for the struggles of this team because he's the coach and GM - the players absolutely cratered and one of things that really nerved me was all the anonymous quotes that came out from players(apparently Emmanuel Acho was one of them because he tweeted something about abusing power earlier) - those players should have been long gone - if the players who were mad about LeSean/DeSean/etc being gone then those players should have gone too

There are a bunch of selfish pricks on this football team that are afraid to air their grievances to Chip's face or anyone in public - the only one who spoke out and told people to get their shit together was Malcolm Jenkins - so many of these players say shit behind the backs of others and those are players that I don't want on the team

Chip is not perfect like most GM's, but to can someone after one year of full autonomy is why this team will be set back for many years - Andy Reid screwed this team over for 4-5 years because of bad drafting late in his tenure and Chip gets too much hate for 1-2 bad drafts when in reality, things were bad in previous years

I can't blame Chip for signing DeMarco because he wanted a different type of running back and with Ryan Mathews already signed and his injury history being an issue, he wanted three RB's and he thought at the very least that DeMarco could be reliable and he wasn't - DeMarco was an absolute bust and I was thrilled when they signed him but he was a major letdown - he wasn't going to have the huge stats he had in Dallas but to be so far off his numbers from the year before tells me that he just isn't very reliable or good - it has nothing to do with play calling - a real good/great running back is good in ANY system - the fact that DeMarco couldn't adjust tells me that he just can't hack it as a reliable number one on this team - maybe in a specific system elsewhere he thrives but that doesn't make him a great RB - he's one of those system RB's that only does well when certain things go his way

The Sam Bradford move was good for this team and he looked great later in the season - Chip was sincere in his interest in keeping him long term and even though he gave up a 2nd rounder to get him, in theory, it was worth it because Sam Bradford was much better than Nick Foles

Evan Mathis could have been kept and it probably would have improved the o-line but he yapped all offseason about not getting his contract and like a lot of other players, it didn't sit well with Chip because the player had his interest above the team and you can't let all the players be that way

He improved the secondary by bringing in Byron Maxwell and Eric Rowe(they're not great but they held their own and looked better and better as the year went on besides a few clunkers here and there) - it takes a number of years to turn a team into a Super Bowl contender - this team is going back to square one by getting rid of Chip

Eventually, maybe people have to start looking at the owner because while this team has won a lot of regular season games, they have also not helped their cause with a lot of negative press and mind-boggling moves throughout the last number of years - the Eagles are going to start becoming the laughing stock of the league if they start changing coaches like this and lacking the patience to let the coach/GM make the necessary moves to make this team a contender and to change the culture

I got to say you are in the minority and you see things much differently. Chip was/is a fraud and keeping him would have only weakened this team further. Lurie is much more patient than most but he has to see what most of us did.....Chip had no business in the NFL.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say you are in the minority and you see things much differently. Chip was/is a fraud and keeping him would have only weakened this team further. Lurie is much more patient than most but he has to see what most of us did.....Chip had no business in the NFL.

I don't see where you get off deciding that an opinion you don't agree with is in the minority? He makes a number of very valid points. And even if he is in the minority, that doesn't make him wrong. Its really not relevant how many people agree. This could very well be little more than Roseman's revenge that we will all look back at as a huge mistake.