• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip and Balke gone

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think running the hurry up all the time is a good strategy, it just puts too much pressure on your offense to succeed or you leave your defense on the field all the dam time... It works in college because certain teams are just bullies upfront compared to so many other college teams, that evens out in the NFL ... Good long clock eating drives can be SUPER important for your team at times... Never been a fan of Chips style, he needs to adjust and stop living by that....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think running the hurry up all the time is a good strategy, it just puts too much pressure on your offense to succeed or you leave your defense on the field all the dam time... It works in college because certain teams are just bullies upfront compared to so many other college teams, that evens out in the NFL ... Good long clock eating drives can be SUPER important for your team at times... Never been a fan of Chips style, he needs to adjust and stop living by that....

Well add on college rosters are quite a bit bigger than in the NFL. So you have the depth to keep subbing in if the offense is struggling. Also much easier to put together a ridiculous roster at a prestigious college program because of recruiting. The NFL you are limited by the Cap.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chip saga turned out almost exactly the way naysayers expected.

He'll be back at Oregon in days.

The thing is, I think some of his ideas would work in the NFL, I really do. In fact the Pats basically were using some before he even got to the NFL. But, Chip proved to be an atrocious judge of NFL talent, an atrocious manager of men, and an inflexible strategist who arrogantly refused to adapt to the players he had even halfway into a season.

He'll go back to Nike U and probably win a college championship though.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke was a dead man walking months ago. Kelly by most sources was safe until late last night...but it's harder to sell a GM job to an entrenched HC. I wouldn't have minded seeing what Kelly could do with some actual talent around him, but his tenure was pretty much sabotaged with a terrible roster.

Jed York needs to hit a HR and then sit back in his ivory tower.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Yorks own this team they will never be relevant again. The only success since Eddie gave up the team was snuffed by these assholes by harassing Harb until he left.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little shocked they fired Kelly so quickly.....thought he'd get one more season. Safe to say he'll never coach again in the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things good chance Baalke is coming to the Broncos. He will most likely do some work with college scouting if he is to join the Broncos staff.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chip saga turned out almost exactly the way naysayers expected.

He'll be back at Oregon in days.

The thing is, I think some of his ideas would work in the NFL, I really do. In fact the Pats basically were using some before he even got to the NFL. But, Chip proved to be an atrocious judge of NFL talent, an atrocious manager of men, and an inflexible strategist who arrogantly refused to adapt to the players he had even halfway into a season.

He'll go back to Nike U and probably win a college championship though.

Didn't they just hire a new coach?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who they hire. Team doesn't have good enough personnel to win. Jesus would go 4-12 with that roster

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - honest question as it probably drives everything with the Niners once they decide.

Who is the new GM? Because in reality Baalke should have been gone a couple of years ago.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who they hire. Team doesn't have good enough personnel to win. Jesus would go 4-12 with that roster

Then they should just keep the same guys in place? The reason why they're gonna fire Baalke is because a once talent-rich roster has been reduced to nothing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns>Niners

Niners are now toxic. Two one and done coaches in a row on a barren team.
Yeah but the Kelly signing in the first place never made any sense because his reputation was ruined at that point.

They just wasted a season that everyone assumed was wasted.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they should just keep the same guys in place? The reason why they're gonna fire Baalke is because a once talent-rich roster has been reduced to nothing.
Sure. I was talking about the HC though. It's irrelevant who they bring in especially if they're only going to give the guy a year. No one can turn that dumpster fire around in a year. Belichick would go 3-13;with that team. They're just awful