• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Game Flexed to Sunday Night

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off of their bye week, our Denver Broncos will once again appear in a prime time game. The NFL announced today that the game vs. the Chiefs will now be played on Sunday night. That has both of our games vs. the Chiefs being played out nationally.

So glad the Broncos are going to get a bye week, finally! Of course it's the same for every team in the league for an opportunity to get away from the grind, rest, heal up and put together a solid game plan for the next outing.

I think Siemian did enough in the eyes of the coaching staff to retain his starting quarterback status but IMO, just barely. Obviously, our offensive line problems don't seem to be getting much better but Siemian also seems to be stuck in his ways a bit. He missed a number of reads in the NOLA game and had some wide open receivers. I also think the coaching staff should continue to move the pocket around more and take advantage of some of Siemian's mobility skills. It seems apparent that Paxton Lynch probably hasn't shown enough progress in practice to precipitate a switch.

The Broncos are usually very good coming off their bye week and this is a game that is so important toward playoff seeding and even getting in. Mile High will be rockin' in two weeks. Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the way that Kubiak spoke of these final 6 games of them all being with that playoff mindset of just can't lose any of these. With the division as close as it is you just can't have one of those let down games.

Just an interesting stat of the day. The AFC West right now has 3 teams with 7 or more wins. The rest of the NFL only has 2. Just goes to show how great this division has been this season.

Also the 2 divisions we are playing this season in the NFC and AFC South...Against itself (which means .500 football since you have a winner and loser in those divisional games) and everyone but the AFC West

AFC South are 15-12 against everybody else...Against the AFC West they are 2-8

NFC South are 14-12 against everybody else...Against us are 3-8. So winning record outside of their division against other teams but AFC West is just that dominant. So not like they have actually been playing ridiculously bad divisions to get the inflated records they have. Yes the AFC and NFC South are not powerhouses but they are not slouches either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances in this game coming off the bye at home. Should be a good game.

Too bad Wolfe will be out of action.

Talib and Maclin should both be back in action.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances in this game coming off the bye at home. Should be a good game.

Too bad Wolfe will be out of action.

Talib and Maclin should both be back in action.

Kubiak today said that he expect both Talib and Wolfe back for that game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shiats about to get real

This team seems to rise up the most when the pressure is at its highest. Wouldn't surprise me if we are once again underdogs in that game against the Chiefs but honestly that is how I would prefer it to be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think back to the big games last week on prime time. Beating the Packers, Patriots, Bengals, etc.... Two of the three in which we came back and won. I believe the last time we played KC was 2 years ago on SNF in KC.. Windy as all and Connor Barth nailing field goals replacing Brandon McMiss (Now known as Brandon McMake)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think back to the big games last week on prime time. Beating the Packers, Patriots, Bengals, etc.... Two of the three in which we came back and won. I believe the last time we played KC was 2 years ago on SNF in KC.. Windy as all and Connor Barth nailing field goals replacing Brandon McMiss (Now known as Brandon McMake)

Well last year we faced the Chiefs on the Thursday night game where we had the ridiculous fumble at the end to win it. I will never forget that game as I was at my parents house watching and the neighbors are huge Chiefs fans and you could actually hear them screaming and crying after that fumble.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Ford #1 in the NFL in sacks with 10. Both defenses generate turnovers. KC wins yesterday with zero offensive TDs. This game is shaping up as to defenses beating the hell out of each other.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Ford #1 in the NFL in sacks with 10. Both defenses generate turnovers. KC wins yesterday with zero offensive TDs. This game is shaping up as to defenses beating the hell out of each other.

I loved Dee Ford coming out of college. On the mock draft they do on this site I actually took him for the Broncos as he fell to us. As much as I am happy to see him doing well it stinks it is for the Chiefs.

And you are right this really could be a huge defensive battle to the end. That Chiefs offense looks like it should be better and at times shows up well especially when they get the run game going but I honestly think they have taken a step back from last year where the defense has been playing much better than I thought they would. I'm kind of excited to watch the coaches film on this Chiefs defense and just see what they have been doing.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last year we faced the Chiefs on the Thursday night game where we had the ridiculous fumble at the end to win it. I will never forget that game as I was at my parents house watching and the neighbors are huge Chiefs fans and you could actually hear them screaming and crying after that fumble.

That was one of the most satisfying regular season wins I've ever seen. After how much the Chiefs fans ran their cock holsters all summer long and into the early days of the 2015 season, going so far as hoping to see a hit end Manning's career, and with all the narratives surrounding the game (Chiefs home opener, Berry returning from cancer, prime time game, big rival, and on and on it goes) the Chiefs had every reason in the world to win that game. And then the Broncos happened. Sure, the Chiefs eventually recovered and finished 11-5 and even won a playoff game for the first time in 22 years. But not to be outdone the Broncos finished 12-4 and won their third Super Bowl. The Chiefs haven't even been to 3 Super Bowls!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kansas City Chiefs just don't have that championship quality to me. Most teams that have won it all have either a clear team identity or a number of superstar play-makers that create the difference. Of course I'm biased but the best word I can come up with to describe the Chiefs of the last 5 years or so is "meh". The Raiders have a certain historic mystique and San Diego is the Phillip Rivers Chargers. The Chiefs just fall flat to me as a team and lack the inspirational fire and fortitude that forges a champion.

I think the Sunday Night Game favors the home team and in this case, I see it the same way. So much at stake with this game, I would be shocked to see the Broncos not well prepared and ready to roll for this one. Houston should be back for the Chiefs by then but I still predict that the Broncos will send the Chiefs back out to their flight home at DIA with the same empty feeling that they've experienced so many times before in Denver.

Homer alert!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh hell ya. That game too. That was an amazing finish.

Imagine all the ways we have found to win games in the last decade or so.

Bengals bobbling an XP snap to tie the game on a xmas day game.
Marshall's tip pass to Stokley to beat the Bengals on the last play.
The Roby fumble.
The saints blocked XP.
DT beating Ike Taylor from Tebow in the playoffs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell ya. That game too. That was an amazing finish.

Imagine all the ways we have found to win games in the last decade or so.

Bengals bobbling an XP snap to tie the game on a xmas day game.
Marshall's tip pass to Stokley to beat the Bengals on the last play.
The Roby fumble.
The saints blocked XP.
DT beating Ike Taylor from Tebow in the playoffs.

I was just thinking that same thought. The Broncos must have good Karma - because Karma serves what you deserve.