• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs-Eagles should tell us some things

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Are the Chargers and Redskins really the #31 and #32 defense, or are they there because they played Philly. The Chiefs come in ranked 3rd with a lot of talent on defense.
2) The Eagles defense has looked terrible in both games, specifically in the 2nd half. If Alex Smith and an average offense can put up big numbers in the 2nd half, calls will start coming to slow down the Eagles' offense at certain parts of the game.
3) If the Chiefs can win easy, they jump into the playoff contender talk, and perhaps even the AFC West title talk, with Clady's injury and their solid pass rush.
4) If the Eagles can win big, they will still need to show they can keep top 10 QBs off the field.
5) If the Eagles can score 40+ on this defense, maybe they don't need much help from their own defense.
6) If the Chiefs win, Chip Kelly will have to start turning off his car radio on the way to work.

Really intriguing matchup for week 3.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Are the Chargers and Redskins really the #31 and #32 defense, or are they there because they played Philly. The Chiefs come in ranked 3rd with a lot of talent on defense.
2) The Eagles defense has looked terrible in both games, specifically in the 2nd half. If Alex Smith and an average offense can put up big numbers in the 2nd half, calls will start coming to slow down the Eagles' offense at certain parts of the game.
3) If the Chiefs can win easy, they jump into the playoff contender talk, and perhaps even the AFC West title talk, with Clady's injury and their solid pass rush.
4) If the Eagles can win big, they will still need to show they can keep top 10 QBs off the field.
5) If the Eagles can score 40+ on this defense, maybe they don't need much help from their own defense.
6) If the Chiefs win, Chip Kelly will have to start turning off his car radio on the way to work.

Without a doubt if the Eagles score 40, they will win. For two straight weeks, the Eagles have looked gassed in the second half. My only suggestion is that they maybe play it methodically and slow in the first half and bring the uptempo in the second half.

And I'm definitely looking forward to watching this game.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt if the Eagles score 40, they will win. For two straight weeks, the Eagles have looked gassed in the second half. My only suggestion is that they maybe play it methodically and slow in the first half and bring the uptempo in the second half.

And I'm definitely looking forward to watching this game.
Yep. Until I'm shown otherwise I can't see that kind of offense staying fresh and healthy through an entire season on NFL football.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think the eagles were going to win on thursday... I thought that that sunday-thursday was to short of a rest for a team that relies on speed...

But watch out next week with a 10 day rest philadelphia is going to be unstoppable... Unfortunately for them they are facing denver, but it should be a 60-50 game...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, with honorable mention to Jags and a few other bottom dwellers.

Their D is not good, borderline honorable mention. That being said they still stopped the Chiefs in the redzone.

Yes and no, they are a playoff contender but have no chance at winning AFC west.

This was never a possibility. and their play is not based on trying to keep the other team off the field.

If they score 40 on almost anybody they will win, especially the Chiefs O. That being said, not sure that was possible either.

Very true

also true

It was a good game, a telling game. Everything kind of played out as expected. Vick would turn the ball over a lot, the Chiefs would score a ton of FGs.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It told us that Reid wants no part of Alex Smith throwing further than 15yds down field. Dump pass to Charles and completion of 6yds to Avery, then let them do the work for the YAC.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It told us that Reid wants no part of Alex Smith throwing further than 15yds down field. Dump pass to Charles and completion of 6yds to Avery, then let them do the work for the YAC.

I think that might be too strong an inference. KC got an early lead that it was never in much danger of losing, so a conservative offensive attack made pretty good sense. I will have to see what KC does in games in which it needs TDs more than it needs to merely control the ball before concluding that "Reid wants no part of Smith throwing down field".

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason Alex Smith is not in SF any longer is because he was afraid to throw further than 15yds downfield, it has nothing to do with Reid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Alex Smith is not in SF any longer is because he was afraid to throw further than 15yds downfield, it has nothing to do with Reid.

Reid has probably figured this out from Training Camp and Preseason in Smith just isn't that good when asked to throw deep. Reid is very good at figuring out what quarterbacks are good at and playing to their strengths and well right now we are seeing Reid keeping things simple for Smith in the crossing routes and come backs.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are definitely a playoff contender after what I saw last night. A few concerns for Chiefs fans would be the fact that Philly was in the game still well into the 4th quarter after turning it over 4 times. But the defense looks stout, the offense is not great but not making huge mistakes, and they're well coached. They kind of remind me of the Alex Smith led 49ers, but just a notch lower.

Anytime you can pass your previous year's win total by week 3 you've gotta be happy.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, this has been the knock on Alex Smith from day 1. The guy is so afraid of turn-overs (it seems) that he just will not press the issue down field. Yet, he can throw the ball well when necessary. That late 3rd down conversion last night to move the chains shows he can but he just won't most of the time. I'm wondering if a lot of that has to do with all the different coaches, schemes, etc for all his first few years in San Fran. That could suck the life out of lots of players.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gee, imagine that in a west coast type offense...:rollseyes:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, imagine that in a west coast type offense...:rollseyes:

While the majority of passes in the WCO are short passes, I think that the teams running that offense that have had the most success have taken some shots down the field in shoot out types of game. I suspect that KC will find itself in games where it needs to do that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the majority of passes in the WCO are short passes, I think that the teams running that offense that have had the most success have taken some shots down the field in shoot out types of game. I suspect that KC will find itself in games where it needs to do that.

that part MAY be true, but i doubt this team's offense is going to get too high on doing things that way. trust me, i'm with you as far as needing to go downfield to get the defense to quit stacking the box so much, but we'll see see if Reid's O will mix that in on occasion...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have heard Reid just tells Smith to be himself. Maybe Smith is afraid to throw down field and maybe he is afraid of the turnover and tends to run too quickly with sub optimal speed rather than find an open guy but in a lot of systems that is perfect.

Just not any from this decade as the game has evolved to a throwing game.