• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm,didt know I couldn't cheer for Cleveland to win a WS if the Cubs were not in it........Damn,thats news to me.
Obviously, you wouldn't cut it as a Phillies' fan

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that supposed to be a dig, or a compliment?

I honestly am not sure.
Any cocksucker who isn't a Phillies fan is a cocksucker. And if you're going to ask what I mean by "cocksucker," I'm for gay rights, but in this instance it has a very, very negative connotation.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like if 2007 and 2008 had been meshed together? Yeah, definitely rigged...
I'm just joking. I am so fucking happy to see the Cubs in there I couldn't do it justice with words. My entire family have been Cubs fans forever. My father is 84 and just the fact that they finally got in for him to enjoy this makes me feel great happiness. I sure hope they get it done. That being said if it weren't for the Cubs playing I would be rooting for Cleveland against just about anyone with the exception of Milwaukee. It's been a long time coming. Crossing my fingers and pinching my nuts.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally dislike baseball, but I do realize the extreme historical significance of this matchup. Essentially, one of the two longest losing streaks in all of sports will end, one way or another. That's how I understand this, at least. Now watch a giant meteor crash into earth before this series is decided...

I hope the Cubs win and Steve Bartman celebrates at the final game with fans and players. That's the best story.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Heyward on the roster? That guy has been killing the Cubs.

Yes Heyward will be on defense in the outfield. The only thing you lose with no Coghlan is no part time infield, no matter how bad he is. Schwarber will not be using his glove anywhere, but since there dont need to be players for double switches in the AL parks, I think Joe can handle not having Schwarber anywhere but DH.

If not, I am glad Soler is here to DH, but if there was no chance for Schwarber to play, he would have been in the celebration.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you eat lead paint chips?

Hendricks just clinched the series with the most dominant performance of any of our pitchers, but if he gave up 5 hits joe would have pulled him in the fifth. Do you really want that to be the game 7 plan?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Cubs have looked I don't think anybody can stop them right now. The whole curse and negative juju doesn't seem to affect those youngsters. They just seem to keep having fun and are playing the game at a lot slower pace than their opponents. I don't think the Indians have the pitching to stop those bats.

And to think they have missed Schwarber for most of the year is insane.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a Cardinals fan, I'll probably get raked over the coals for this, but i hope the Cubs win

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The Cubs fans are going to be loud and obnoxious but I know a lot of Cardinals fans that feel the same way.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Cubs have looked I don't think anybody can stop them right now. The whole curse and negative juju doesn't seem to affect those youngsters. They just seem to keep having fun and are playing the game at a lot slower pace than their opponents. I don't think the Indians have the pitching to stop those bats.

And Heyward saw a huge dropoff in his offensive production. Not that he was a great hitter to begin with, but to go from .293/.359/.439 to just .230/.306/.325 is nothing to sneeze at. Not too many teams can survive that kind of underperformance.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's there to discuss, nothing new here. Same old, same old. Shit's all fixed.:pound::trash:

When it's Tampa vs. Colorado I'll get excited. Until then it's rigged.
Thanks Donald

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendricks just clinched the series with the most dominant performance of any of our pitchers, but if he gave up 5 hits joe would have pulled him in the fifth. Do you really want that to be the game 7 plan?
Better than taking out a pinch hitting option to start out least best starter. Paint. Chips.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How the Cubs look? The Indians have lost just one game, with only two starters.

Don't have the pitching, their bullpen is elite this postseason.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Cubs look? The Indians have lost just one game, with only two starters.

Don't have the pitching, their bullpen is elite this postseason.

I get it snake eyes any other team but the Cubs and the tribe would be fan favs for this series. I was 13 when Bull Durham missed that grounder and steve fn Garvey was rounding the bases in 84.18 when will fn Clark hit .900 in their series against SF. 03' nothing more needs to be said. Cleveland has as good of shot to win this as the Cubs but will get no love because their playing the Cubs, it sucks for Cleveland fans and it's only gonna get worse with the media. Good luck and hoping for an epic series :suds:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain chances as of now in:

Chicago
Friday 20%
Saturday 50%
Sunday 50%

Cleveland
Tuesday 10%
Wednesday 40%
Tuesday 40%
Wednesday 10%

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL Wildcard
Jays over O's

NL Wildcard
Mets over Giants very hard to pick against MadBum in the playoffs

ALDS
Rangers over Jays in 4
Indians over Red Sox in 5

NLDS
Cubs over Mets in 3
Nationals over Dodgers in 4

LCS
Indians over Rangers in 6
Cubs over Nationals in 5

World Series
@SlinkyRedfoot
With the series tied at 3 games a piece, Lake Erie catches on fire and burns the Jake to the ground. MLB calls the Series a tie and both franchises are still losers.

I think I will still go with this one.

@SlinkyRedfoot and his line friend are celebrating next Tuesday night. Next year will be here for the Cubbies for 109 years in a row.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than taking out a pinch hitting option to start out least best starter. Paint. Chips.

Just saying that even when Kyle was clearly the #3 pitcher on this roster, people kept calling him the 5. Even if Javy got to that first ball and Kyle threw a no hitter til the 7th, people still dont trust him. Are they really going to be behind him for a game 7? Will he get passed over for Arrieta on short rest or just be asked to throw 3 innings game 7 then give it to Jake for the W?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fuckin' nervous and just want this shit to start.

I think the Cubs are the better team, and if you add in the Indians' health issues, it's even worse. That said, the better team doesn't always win these short series, and the Tribe bullpen is off the chain, so I do think they've got more than a puncher's chance.

The Indians have faced and beaten the Red Sox, who had better hitting that the Cubs during the regular season, and the Blue Jays, who had an elite pitching staff. The Cubs are awesome on both sides of the ball, so it's the next challenge. The Indians pitching needs to keep this up, and we're going to need more from the bats than we saw in the Blue Jays series.

I will say that I like the fact that the Indians are the consensus underdogs, and I think that's just how most folks from NEO would have it.

Roll Tribe.