• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series could have been a lot different if the Cubs hit normally (as seen last night) rather than going very cold st times

Nah, not when you are facing great pitching. Great offenses decline when you face great pitching, it makes sense. Only having a 3 man rotation sucks because no one gets rest and they wear down over time. Luckily the BP has stepped up big. Salazar and Carrasco were the #2 and #3 guys, so the Indians are essentially using their ace and their 4th and 5th guys.

Either way, it was unexpected and this playoff run has been way more than I expected. ONE MORE GAME. Let the best team win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. the Indians need to win it this year because NO ONE is going to touch the Yankees for the next half decade in the AL. Have you seen the moves they made this year, and they still were in contention. It's going to be evil empire for a while, gents

No. That's in a couple years. It takes time to develop players, they don't magically become great.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky..relax. your boy is on the mound. It's in the bag. LOCK!

You are going to "break one off" in Cleveland fans if the Indians lose. Aren't you? LOL (You will run with 1948 pokes all season, huh dougy?)

Pretty smart douglass. You are in a no-lose situation. If the Tribe wins...you PREDICTED it. If they lose...you get to poke at Indian fans all next year. (One bad thing however...If Indians win, 1984 slides to the bottom in ALC)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series could have been a lot different if the Cubs hit normally (as seen last night) rather than going very cold st times
They didn't hit because of the Indians' pitching. Bauer pitched poorly, Tomlin had one great outing and one poor outing, and so far Kluber has two elite outings. As I said, Bauer and Tomlin are our 4 and 5. Take away Arietta and Hendricks and the Indians finish this in 5, if not a sweep.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Cavaliers the Indians have a chance to overcome huge odds to pull it off. I don't think anyone gave the Cavs a chance against the Warriors. No one gave the Indians a shot and we are in Game 7. I just hope they play their best game and give all they got.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 teams have won after being down 1-3 in World Series.
Only 3 have done so on the road.
Tonight's pitching matchup might give us a 3-2 or even 2-1 finish.

My pick - Cleveland 3-2.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and Indians....ALMOST cover up the stink coming from the Browns. Before OSU loss to Penn State, Ohioans were oblivious to Browns even playing football.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 teams have won after being down 1-3 in World Series.
Only 3 have done so on the road.
Tonight's pitching matchup might give us a 3-2 or even 2-1 finish.

My pick - Cleveland 3-2.

I sure hope their outfielders learn how to field. Not because I want them to win just because I don't want another competitionless game. Overall the series has been fun to watch but looking it at it on a game-to-game basis they have been pretty shitty and one sided.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 experts on CBS have the Indians winning......and 3 have the Cubs winning.

Due to the randomness of baseball, it really is a pickem, but I seriously think that for this game, the Indians have the advantage.

The wildcard is Kluber's second consecutive start on 3-days rest, but with the bullpen as rested as it is, they really only need three or four innings from the starter tonight.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahaha. Yeah, it's been zany how the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs all had their bats go cold during their respective series with the Indians. Crazy "circumstances," I guess..

Conversely, the series could have also been a lot different if the Indians #2 and #3 starters were healthy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the randomness of baseball, it really is a pickem, but I seriously think that for this game, the Indians have the advantage.

The wildcard is Kluber's second consecutive start on 3-days rest, but with the bullpen as rested as it is, they really only need three or four innings from the starter tonight.
I'm thinking that as well. We can get 5 IP from Kluber without him giving up 3 ER with the bases loaded, I would have to guess. It's "short rest" by normal terms, but it's not as if this is somehow a death knell or even a disadvantage, to be honest. He only tossed 81 pitches last time out, and he was pulled about 90 hours before he'll take the mound tonight. There's no reason to think he won't be fine.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. the Indians need to win it this year because NO ONE is going to touch the Yankees for the next half decade in the AL. Have you seen the moves they made this year, and they still were in contention. It's going to be evil empire for a while, gents

What impresses me the most about you is your ability to project confidence while discussing things you know very little about. You're very much like rmillia in that regard.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That's in a couple years. It takes time to develop players, they don't magically become great.
They acquired developing players from Chicago, Angels?, etc.
but I hope you're right. No one wants to see Yankees dominance.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so awesome to see the Indians pull a GS Warriors move and choke away a 3-1 lead. But, it will still be a great season.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What impresses me the most about you is your ability to project confidence while discussing things you know very little about. You're very much like rmillia in that regard.
So the Yankees didn't have a sale this year, grab great prospects from two different teams, and still were wild card hopefuls till almost the very end?
I've already embarrassed you in other threads to the point where you changed tactics and started trolling. You going to do that here too?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Yeah, it's been zany how the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs all had their bats go cold during their respective series with the Indians. Crazy "circumstances," I guess..

Conversely, the series could have also been a lot different if the Indians #2 and #3 starters were healthy.
That was pretty much my post that he was responding to. Take Schwarber completely out of the series, as well as Arietta and Hendricks, and the Indians sweep. That's the position the Indians are in right now - down one of their best power bats, and their #2 and 3 starters, and yet here we are.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope their outfielders learn how to field. Not because I want them to win just because I don't want another competitionless game. Overall the series has been fun to watch but looking it at it on a game-to-game basis they have been pretty shitty and one sided.

It's been pretty crazy. Four "blowouts" and two games decided by a run. Still, it seems so close. Not only are the teams 3-3, CLE has scored 20 runs and CHC has scored 19. Wild.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Yankees didn't have a sale this year, grab great prospects from two different teams, and still were wild card hopefuls till almost the very end?
I've already embarrassed you in other threads to the point where you changed tactics and started trolling. You going to do that here too?

False.

Nothing that you serve could ever ace me, boy.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been pretty crazy. Four "blowouts" and two games decided by a run. Still, it seems so close. Not only are the teams 3-3, CLE has scored 20 runs and CHC has scored 19. Wild.

Damn i didn't realize the total runs have been that close. Fun times. This day is crawling by as expected.