• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not it. What I've forgotten is why I would care who you picked.

Admittedly, I've seen some really good baseball ideas from you, but on the other hand, some of the shit you post is so off the wall that it tarnishes your overall body of work.

Because you keep saying I'm biased against the indians.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Q has a sharper baseball mind than the Indians' front office. . .

lmao

Look at how bad almonte was besides his stuff against LHPs this year. His 3 year averages aren'at good. I wouldn't be counting on him for much.

Naquin's babip was over 400, he's going to crater hard. You're already seeing it this postseason.

Rajai and Coco are going to be FAs.

And frankly, Brantley is already supposed to miss "significant time" next year.

Maybe all you have is a platoon of Guyer and Chis in RF.

Everything else should be up for grabs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 34.

His strikeout % went way into the danger zone at over 30%.

And his HR rate was out of line from those years. I doubt he's hitting 30 homers again.

Yet he's going to command such a payday in the FA market that the Indians won't be able to afford to keep him?

Those positions aren't very cohesive, Q.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you keep saying I'm biased against the indians.

I invite you to find a post where I've said you're biased against the Indians.

Miller, yes, and I'm leaning a little bit towards Napoli as well. Can you tell us what those two have in common?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how bad almonte was besides his stuff against LHPs this year. His 3 year averages aren'at good. I wouldn't be counting on him for much.

Naquin's babip was over 400, he's going to crater hard. You're already seeing it this postseason.

Rajai and Coco are going to be FAs.

And frankly, Brantley is already supposed to miss "significant time" next year.

Maybe all you have is a platoon of Guyer and Chis in RF.

Everything else should be up for grabs.

You said their "OF needs more changes than they think."

That statement presumes that 1) you know what they think and 2) your thoughts are better, both of which are categorically false. That's all I was commenting on.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I invite you to find a post where I've said you're biased against the Indians.

Miller, yes, and I'm leaning a little bit towards Napoli as well. Can you tell us what those two have in common?

What have i said to make me biased AGAINST miler.

I just called his run this postseason better than Rivera.

Saying he probably can't consistently do that is hardly being unfair to Miller.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That statement presumes that 1) you know what they think and 2) your thoughts are better, both of which are categorically false. That's all I was commenting on.

I'm assuming they think Naquin is going to be as good and a keeper based on his performance this year.

If they trade him, selling high, i'd be surprised.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he's going to command such a payday in the FA market that the Indians won't be able to afford to keep him?

Those positions aren't very cohesive, Q.

Declining players get huge paydays every winter.

Look at what happened to the Red Sox and Panda....Just as one simple example.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Additionally, they seemed to be overrating Almonte to begin with.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cub hitters to comfortable. Swinging nice. Need some hard inside potches. Back them off.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almonte was ok, he's probably a decent option against LHPs, but I wouldn't want to count on him more than that.

Technically they probably lose Coco and Napoli as well. And again, I wouldn't expect Naquin to even have an 800 OPS next year. A BABIP over .400 for a guy who isn't a burner (and who was the worst defensive everyday CF in the AL last year). Their OF needs more changes than they think, and I'm not sure how they're gonna replace Napoli.

It doesn't matter, other than Napoli we are talking about backups. Naquin is still young and has time to grow but all they need is a couple acquistions and they will be set. No major changes with this roster unless they make a big trade.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter, other than Napoli we are talking about backups. Naquin is still young and has time to grow but all they need is a couple acquistions and they will be set. No major changes with this roster unless they make a big trade.

I think they should.

This is a nice window and they should go all in here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have i said to make me biased AGAINST miler.

I just called his run this postseason better than Rivera.

Saying he probably can't consistently do that is hardly being unfair to Miller

I agree with the bold, but really at this point, there's not much else you could say.

I was referring to when you said the Indians were going to regret overpaying for him and I asked you a few times what you meant but was ignored. He's arguably the best relief pitcher in the game and he's making $9MM a year.

There was also the comment you made early this post season about the Indians having a "smoke and mirrors bullpen." Again, when I repeatedly asked you to explain, I was ignored.

Those are the two bits I have that lead me to believe that you've got a bias against Miller.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the bold, but really at this point, there's not much else you could say.

I was referring to when you said the Indians were going to regret overpaying for him and I asked you a few times what you meant but was ignored. He's arguably the best relief pitcher in the game and he's making $9MM a year.

There was also the comment you made early this post season about the Indians having a "smoke and mirrors bullpen." Again, when I repeatedly asked you to explain, I was ignored.

Those are the two bits I have that lead me to believe that you've got a bias against Miller.

I meant that i think Frazier is going to be a STAR. And I said that i would've been ok with the trade had they used Zimmer instead of Frazier.

the big ginger would've been fairly untouchable to me (no one is completely untouchable, every player has a price IMO).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is a LOT of smoke in this indians bullpen that is for sure.......not so sure about the mirrors, lol.....

who in the game has a better back end then Shaw, Miller, Allen? no one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not miller. It's RPs. The price for Melancon and Chapman were significantly lower. I understand the control, but Frazier is just a great prospect. It is scary to trade elite talent for a RP.

Again, the red sox gave up a ton for Kimbrell. he was pretty good. But he was no Miller. EVen Miller wasn't Miller like this until now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant that i think Frazier is going to be a STAR. And I said that i would've been ok with the trade had they used Zimmer instead of Frazier.

the big ginger would've been fairly untouchable to me (no one is completely untouchable, every player has a price IMO).
heard the same thing about Matt LaPorta

the Tribe got maybe the best reliever in baseball- who is incredibly unselfish and a great teammate- for a prospect--- Frazier is a very very good prospect- but he is a prospect- and ap rospect that kinda sucked after the trade---- and the Tribe still has Zimmer- who is a great prospect-and just drafted another OF prospect in the first round.

trading a prospect for the ALCS MVP who you still have for 2 more years has to go down as one of the best deadline deals in MLB history.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard the same thing about Matt LaPorta

the Tribe got maybe the best reliever in baseball- who is incredibly unselfish and a great teammate- for a prospect--- Frazier is a very very good prospect- but he is a prospect- and ap rospect that kinda sucked after the trade---- and the Tribe still has Zimmer- who is a great prospect-and just drafted another OF prospect in the first round.

trading a prospect for the ALCS MVP who you still have for 2 more years has to go down as one of the best deadline deals in MLB history.

Laporta was a bit different.

Senior sign.

Bad body.

yes prospects do flame out. Of course they do, that's why they're called prospects.

It's about the opportunity cost and the surplus value you can get from a player.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see. Frazier might be a star, but it's more likely that he won't.

I'm in the camp that if you have a chance to get bona fide major league talent for minor league what ifs, you take it. Particularly if that major league talent is elite and being paid well below market value.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raja in left tonight??