• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber threw 88 pitches in game 1 and 81 pitches in game 4....

I could EASILY see Andrew Miller going 3 innings tonight

The indians won last night. They can put Shaw in the game in the third inning, allen and Miller can all go long.

Joe has pulled Hendrick giving up zero runs and two hits in the fourth inning. I can see them using Lester, but they are not going to put Ross in for him to throw to. Lackey, Arrieta, yeah, I can see both of them working, but also with quick hooks, but Joe trusts no one in the bull pen but Chapman now, because I think Montgomery lost some trust last night.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell in the 6 hole is ok by me :suds:

It was fucking genius. Other than Fowler making the last out and having Schwarber leading off, the lineup was awesome.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is even talking about kluber pitching on short rest for two consecutive starts. I seriously doubt he's near as sharp as he has been in this series. I can see the Cubs getting to him early.

For some pitchers, it doesn't matter.

In 2008, Sabathia closed out the regular season for the Brewers by pitching four games in thirteen days. That's four straight starts on three days rest and he averaged 7.2 IP per start and carried a 1.88 ERA over those games.

We'll see what Kluber can do back-to-back.

Even if he's not as sharp, Shaw and Allen haven't pitched since Sunday and Miller hasn't pitched since Saturday. Three or four innings might be all Francona needs from his starter today.

On the other side of the Diamond, Hendricks' ERA is 1.63 runs higher on the road than at home and the only offenses that he faced in 2016 that are as formidable as the Indians were the Rockies and Cardinals and he was 1-4 against them. Then again, he looked really good against the Tribe Friday night.

This is friggin' crazy. I can't stand the anticipation.

ROLL MUTHAFUCKIN TRIBE!!!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, everyone gets it. You've pointed your opinion out multiple times. Let's move on.

No shit. The Q is quickly becoming a joke.

Honestly, I'm way more disappointed by the ball that dropped between Naquin and Chiz last night than I am the fact that Guyer didn't make a perfect play on a difficult catch.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe is at home- with Corey Kluber on the mound, a rested bullpen to win it all. You cant ask for much more than that......whoever wins this game will have earned it that is for sure.

That might be my favorite thing that you've ever posted. It's so true I could spit, or cry, or punch the wall, or pull my hair out, or slam my package in my desk drawer. . .

Seriously, if on September 15th, you'd have told me that the Indians would play Game 7 of the World Series with Kluber on the mound and a fully rested business end of the bullpen after sweeping the Red Sox out of the playoffs and bouncing the Blue Jays out in five, I would have called you fucking insane. You'd have been the Cleveland Indians' own @dougplayer. Well, here we are!

ROLL TRIBE!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit. The Q is quickly becoming a joke.

Honestly, I'm way more disappointed by the ball that dropped between Naquin and Chiz last night than I am the fact that Guyer didn't make a perfect play on a difficult catch.
No question. Guyer's catch was extremely difficult. The one last night was just a boneheaded play.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that on that Zobrist collision at the plate, fatneck Joe West didn't even make a call on the play. Even with Rizzo pointing at the plate and looking at fatneck, Fatneck still doesn't make the safe call. He can't even do basic ump shit right.

http://mlb.mlb.com/r/video?content_id=1210607583

Also, he's got that weird turkey neck thing going on, like all that skin and flesh has just completely separated from his jaw bone, so it's just straight skin from his chin right down to his chest. That gives me the willies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Game 7. I just remember when we didn't have cable in the 90's, just local channels and my dad and I used to listen to Tom Hamilton play-by-play every night on the radio, those were some of the most exicting games ever and I wasn't even watching the game. I still remember Game 7 of 1997 WS like it was yesterday. I know this is just a game but for a lot of these fans (especially Cubs and Indians fans), it isn't just a game. It means a lot to the city and fans. All I know is that I will be happy for the true Cubs fans if they win. I didn't think Cleveland would be up 3-1 in the series, shit...I didn't think they would come this far so I am proud of this team but I didn't watch this team get this far and fucking lose. Go out and win another Game 7 for the city of Cleveland!!!

GO INDIANS!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If last night showed us anything, it's how different this series could have been if Cleveland had a healthy Salazar (not to mention Carrasco) and wasn't relying on 4 starts from their 4-5 starters.

I don't usually do this, but I actually felt badly for Tomlin last night. Kid's been through A LOT this year and he'd pitched his heart out up to that point facing the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs and holding them to only 3 runs in 15+ innings.

I just wonder if it might have been different if Naquin had caught that ball in the first.

Regardless, my hat's off to Josh Tomlin and his efforts this year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Game 7. I just remember when we didn't have cable in the 90's, just local channels and my dad and I used to listen to Tom Hamilton play-by-play every night on the radio, those were some of the most exicting games ever and I wasn't even watching the game. I still remember Game 7 of 1997 WS like it was yesterday. I know this is just a game but for a lot of these fans (especially Cubs and Indians fans), it isn't just a game. It means a lot to the city and fans. All I know is that I will be happy for the true Cubs fans if they win. I didn't think Cleveland would be up 3-1 in the series, shit...I didn't think they would come this far so I am proud of this team but I didn't watch this team get this far and fucking lose. Go out and win another Game 7 for the city of Cleveland!!!

GO INDIANS!

While it's clear Cle is cursed (Brantley, Salazar, Carrasco...i can't imagine a team winning a title losing that much before the playoffs) it's clear Francona is the guy who can destroy curses. But their offseason is gonna be fascinating if they find another way to lose tonight.

Rajai and Napoli are FAs. Im not sure they'll be able to compete with the offers for Napoli.

Naquin's BABIP was over 400, he's a fraud. This is a sell high time, get a real CF.

Brantley may not come back at all (a real possibility from what i've read) and even if he does he may not ever be the same player again. Their OF could look very different next year.

This is one CLE can't let get away.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's clear Cle is cursed (Brantley, Salazar, Carrasco...i can't imagine a team winning a title losing that much before the playoffs) it's clear Francona is the guy who can destroy curses. But their offseason is gonna be fascinating if they find another way to lose tonight.

Rajai and Napoli are FAs. Im not sure they'll be able to compete with the offers for Napoli.

Naquin's BABIP was over 400, he's a fraud. This is a sell high time, get a real CF.

Brantley may not come back at all (a real possibility from what i've read) and even if he does he may not ever be the same player again. Their OF could look very different next year.

your crazy.

Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, Tomlin- are all signed up and together for at least the next 3 years at very very affordable prices.

Miller is signed up for 2 more years. Allen is not even arbitration eligible yet. Lindor is fast becoming one of the best players in the game.

Napoli is the only significant free agent and he is 34 and wants to be here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could say that about any team that's ever been in the World Series. It's not easy to get here. You need skill and a fair amount of luck.

As bright as the Cubs' future looks, there's no guarantee they'll make the playoffs next year, let alone the World Series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually do this, but I actually felt badly for Tomlin last night. Kid's been through A LOT this year and he'd pitched his heart out up to that point facing the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs and holding them to only 3 runs in 15+ innings.

I just wonder if it might have been different if Naquin had caught that ball in the first.

I think that misplay in the outfield changed the entire game and it especially changed the way Tomlin pitched. It was unfortunate but at least that wasn't Game 7 where it happened. They need to be perfect defensively in this one, have a well-pitched game from Kluber, Miller and Allen and they need to get to Hendricks early and quick.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your crazy.

Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar, Bauer, Tomlin- are all signed up and together for at least the next 3 years at very very affordable prices.

Miller is signed up for 2 more years. Allen is not even arbitration eligible yet. Lindor is fast becoming one of the best players in the game.

Napoli is the only significant free agent and he is 34 and wants to be here.

I don't think you can expect Naquin or Napoli to repeat their 2016 numbers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that misplay in the outfield changed the entire game and it especially changed the way Tomlin pitched. It was unfortunate but at least that wasn't Game 7 where it happened. They need to be perfect defensively in this one, have a well-pitched game from Kluber, Miller and Allen and they need to get to Hendricks early and quick.

No question. It also allowed Russell to even get up in that situation. Totally different game. Do they still lose? Probably, but it's a complete different game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say that about any team that's ever been in the World Series. It's not easy to get here. You need skill and a fair amount of luck.

As bright as the Cubs' future looks, there's no guarantee they'll make the playoffs next year, let alone the World Series.

True.

But they only really are going to need to replace Chapman from this team (the rumor is he's going back to NY), which is very doable in this current FA market. Quite a few good options out there.

The Indians have a lot more ?s about next year, and I'm not sure you can count on Miller and Allen being THIS good in the post season again. This is simply historically great. Better than Rivera great. Those kinds of runs don't happen very often.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He pitched out of his mind during the playoffs. Extremely difficult to do with his family situation. The kid definitely has heart, and I'm glad he'll be back next year.

Think about this series with a healthy Salazar and Carrasco, along with no Arietta or Hendricks for Chicago. There's a reasonable chance this could've been a sweep.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kluber - signed through the next 5 seasons
Carrasco - signed through the next 4 seasons
Salazar - signed through the next 4 seasons

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No question. I said before the series I would've started Salazar and made one of these games a bullpen game to avoid short rest. But yes, this series is most likely over if the Indians were even close to 100%.

Not having Brantley has been killer in these playoffs as well.