• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago (CE 3) vs ST. Louis (CE2)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First goal of the night goes to Ladd

Then 3 unanswered by the better team.

3-1 Blues with 7:30 left in the first

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected this really, because I just don't think the Blues have played better than the Hawks (ironically I think their best game was last game when Chicago won anyway), but I don't want it to happen. Maybe if a third year of this nonsense happens the Blues will finally realize what a mediocre coach Hitchcock is.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected this really, because I just don't think the Blues have played better than the Hawks (ironically I think their best game was last game when Chicago won anyway), but I don't want it to happen. Maybe if a third year of this nonsense happens the Blues will finally realize what a mediocre coach Hitchcock is.
Not Hitch's biggest fan, but put Scotty Bowman on the bench and I don't think the Blues could take out Chicago. The talent simply isn't there to do so.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is that we've finally made Elliott look human... He won at least 2 games by himself early on IMO.. We're getting the puck by him now. Game 7 will be nuts!!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Hitch's biggest fan, but put Scotty Bowman on the bench and I don't think the Blues could take out Chicago. The talent simply isn't there to do so.

I don't think Bowman benches his star player because of a disagreement/frustration though.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still don't think Bowman is dumb enough to clip the wings of his major offensive threat in a series where he's essential. Maybe I'm just reminded of Johnston when I see Hitch. He has zero faith in offensive players, and the result is Tarasenko barely playing more than Troy Brouwer. At even strength, he's played less than Brouwer. It stems back to his post game remarks after winning, even though outshot/possessed/relying on Elliott...he didn't want a focus on the things that lead to goals, he was mad they didnt hit more. That plays into Chicagos strengths, and you'd think he'd get that after so many years. If you're getting 50 hits, it's likely that means you just don't have the puck.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think Bowman is dumb enough to clip the wings of his major offensive threat in a series where he's essential. Maybe I'm just reminded of Johnston when I see Hitch. He has zero faith in offensive players, and the result is Tarasenko barely playing more than Troy Brouwer. At even strength, he's played less than Brouwer. It stems back to his post game remarks after winning, even though outshot/possessed/relying on Elliott...he didn't want a focus on the things that lead to goals, he was mad they didnt hit more. That plays into Chicagos strengths, and you'd think he'd get that after so many years. If you're getting 50 hits, it's likely that means you just don't have the puck.
Bowman benched Yzerman until he did what he wanted him to do and nearly had him traded to Ottawa. Why would he be any different with Tarasenko?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman benched Yzerman until he did what he wanted him to do and nearly had him traded to Ottawa. Why would he be any different with Tarasenko?

He never did that in the playoffs but he also put Federov on defense in the regular season.

Bowman always played his best, experienced players in the playoffs. The best man played. He would never have benched Tarasenko in the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never did that in the playoffs but he also put Federov on defense in the regular season.

Bowman always played his best, experienced players in the playoffs. The best man played. He would never have benched Tarasenko in the playoffs.
And Hitch didn't bench him either.

If there's anything Hitchcock is guilty of its poor bench management. It's one thing to argue that Tarasenko should get more minutes (an argument I would agree with, FWIW). It's quite another to say he was benched. Hitch just did a shitty job of getting his top guys out on a PP.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hitch didn't bench him either.

If there's anything Hitchcock is guilty of its poor bench management. It's one thing to argue that Tarasenko should get more minutes (an argument I would agree with, FWIW). It's quite another to say he was benched. Hitch just did a shitty job of getting his top guys out on a PP.

In Hitch's defense, the Blues had a pretty good PP going although Tarasenko was on the bench. I know Elliotte said that there was a chance to get him out there, but they had 2 or 3 prime scoring chances.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie O was a guest on a local radio show again this morning, he said he thought Terasenko was more upset with Hitchcock not yelling about the line before his that took an extended shift. He did not think it was the powerplay that pissed off Terasenko, it was the fact that the other guys needed to shorten their shifts. The powerplay everyone was pointing at was a really good powerplay for the blues, got plenty of looks and had the hawks out for extended PK time as well.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hitch cock wants his team to have 70 plus hits. He thinks that will beat the hawks into submission. Did you notice that Terasenko was hitting more? Brouwer plays because he hits anything and everything, is a veteran that turned crawford around to get a shot to hit him in the ribs. Thats why Brouwer is getting ice time.