• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago (CE 3) vs ST. Louis (CE2)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work from home two days a week now and pop that on my TV in the afternoons. Kypreos is the absolute fucking worst. He's so goddamn smug about the things he says it's exhausting.

I tune in from time to time and I guess I never realized what a twat he is. I've always focused on my burning, seething hatred of Doug MacLean.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm watching a different series, but I think the Hawks have been extremely fortunate. They're a whisker of an offside call away from being swept in this series by the Blues. They've outshot the Blues, but I don't think they've generated all that many dangerous scoring chances. Elliott has played well and you can tell he's gotten into the Hawks heads as they're resorting to contacting him every chance they get in order to get him off his game. That all said, the Hawks are dangerous and the Blues should try to knock off the Hawks in game 5 because once the Hawks get rolling, they're tough to stop.

Fair enough, I think Elliott has definitely been a big factor, and him being consistent and solid has been very important for the Blues. Blues have taken advantage of high risk opportunities they've gotten, I think that's probably the difference. Even looking at last nights game, the Blues had like two shots 15 minutes in or something. The Blues only *attempted* 22 shots 5v5, which isn't too great. And man did they give up some close chances. Looking at the chart the Hawks had 17 shot attempts in the slot within 10 feet of the goal. I guess my point is, if the Blues play a game like last night again, I don't think they'll find a ton of success.

Game Report -- war-on-ice.com The shot chart I mentioned.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All i read in that entire thing was......"PR PR PR PR....PR PR PR"

This bullshit statement has the sincerity of a hot stripper telling you that she's SOOO into you.

Also, why are they saying they "will" learn from this. Both of them. So should we prepare ourselves for another episode of "Whining on Ice" starring Andrew Shaw?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i read in that entire thing was......"PR PR PR PR....PR PR PR"

This bullshit statement has the sincerity of a hot stripper telling you that she's SOOO into you.

Also, why are they saying they "will" learn from this. Both of them. So should we prepare ourselves for another episode of "Whining on Ice" starring Andrew Shaw?

At least their PR team is making it seem like their party has some responsibility this time. Baby steps, right?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Andrew, rinkside might caught it. You need to come here and talk to the lawyers. Get ahead of it."

Dey gonna Dennis Wideman him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos is on Hockey Central defending Andrew Shaw and saying that they have no proof he said anything bad.

Nick Kypreos is a fucking moron.
Im not a Andrew Shaw fan( nor a sportsnet talking head fan) but I am with kypros on this. Show me indisputable evidence (video with audio) that Shaw said this slur.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I think Elliott has definitely been a big factor, and him being consistent and solid has been very important for the Blues. Blues have taken advantage of high risk opportunities they've gotten, I think that's probably the difference. Even looking at last nights game, the Blues had like two shots 15 minutes in or something. The Blues only *attempted* 22 shots 5v5, which isn't too great. And man did they give up some close chances. Looking at the chart the Hawks had 17 shot attempts in the slot within 10 feet of the goal. I guess my point is, if the Blues play a game like last night again, I don't think they'll find a ton of success.

Game Report -- war-on-ice.com The shot chart I mentioned.

Actually pix, I forgot to add that I thought the Blues were pretty lucky to win game 1, I thought the Hawks thoroughly dominated play in that game and Elliott stole that one for St. Loo. The other games I thought have been quite close as far as play and dangerous chances have been concerned with the main difference being Elliott outplaying Crawford.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him admitting it would be pretty irrefutable, no? :think:

It does but not enough. He could have read the backlash and thought he said something bad.

What I'm trying to get at is we don't know what was said. We had people reading lips. But that is about it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does but not enough. He could have read the backlash and thought he said something bad.

What I'm trying to get at is we don't know what was said. We had people reading lips. But that is about it.

Maybe Shaw was asking to have sex with the ref?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think all that Shaw is going to get is fined, put it this way, I'll be surprised if he gets suspended.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Although I have been saying show me proof. There should have been some kind of discipline.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to any gay people, but they sure made Shaw make himself look like a fag with that statement.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to any gay people, but they sure made Shaw make himself look like a fag with that statement.

Pretty sure Shaw's statement was vetted by the Hawks organization to make it sound as PC as possible prior to it being released. Also, if Shaw says he's not going to use the f*g word again, maybe we shouldn't use it on this board anymore as it is offensive to people whether they be gay or straight.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Shaw's statement was vetted by the Hawks organization to make it sound as PC as possible prior to it being released. Also, if Shaw says he's not going to use the f*g word again, maybe we shouldn't use it on this board anymore as it is offensive to people whether they be gay or straight.
Did the board put the * in there?

I'm curious, because it still bugs me that it automatically adjusts r@pe but some other words get through without any trouble.