• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago (CE 3) vs ST. Louis (CE2)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great series, ONE GOAL separated the winner from the losers. I remember watching the bulls never able to get past first round against the pistons before they won their first three, just seems to me that Backus of two years ago with this need speed would have really had something. Good luck against the Stars, then against the west champs. really need a central division team to win this cup since its the best division in hockey.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy who's two-way play is vastly underrated: Nik Backstrom.
I was looking at his season stats and was surprised how few goals he averages which he makes up for with assists by feeding OV the puck. Just though Backstrom was at least a 20 goal scorer. He scores in 2-3 game bunches consistently then goes goalless for long stretches.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at his season stats and was surprised how few goals he averages which he makes up for with assists by feeding OV the puck. Just though Backstrom was at least a 20 goal scorer. He scores in 2-3 game bunches consistently then goes goalless for long stretches.
He does, which is why I wouldn't put him in any best of categories. But I'm guessing if he played sans Ovi his goal numbers would increase.