• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago (CE 3) vs ST. Louis (CE2)

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference, I'm Wiz only got two games for his gesture at Avery- he got his 8 gamer for taking a run at Brent Seabrook and Brian Hayward had to apologize on air for it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference, I'm Wiz only got two games for his gesture at Avery- he got his 8 gamer for taking a run at Brent Seabrook and Brian Hayward had to apologize on air for it.

Also of note, Andrew Shaw has the same initials as Sean Avery.

/Reversed I realize, but the same regardless.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rajon Rondo was suspended one game by the NBA for directing a homophobic slur at a NBA referee, the NHL is going to look pretty bad if Shaw doesn't get something.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos is on Hockey Central defending Andrew Shaw and saying that they have no proof he said anything bad.

Nick Kypreos is a fucking moron.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kypreos just said that Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville are so concerned with winning the cup that they won't bother to ask Shaw what he actually said, and that they likely don't care about anything other than keeping Shaw in the lineup.

Doug MacLean sounds like the reasonable one. He says that management needs to sit Shaw down and get the truth before they discuss the situation with the league. That set Kypreos off.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos is on Hockey Central defending Andrew Shaw and saying that they have no proof he said anything bad.

Wirtz family will contract Melnyks forensic investigator who will conclude that in fact it was a bi-labial M that was uttered ... "fuckin maggot"

/he will be paid handsomely for his services :nod:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Kypreos just said that Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville are so concerned with winning the cup that they won't bother to ask Shaw what he actually said, and that they likely don't care about anything other than keeping Shaw in the lineup.

Doug MacLean sounds like the reasonable one. He says that management needs to sit Shaw down and get the truth before they discuss the situation with the league. That set Kypreos off.
Well, if Rogers was looking for excuses to fire on-air talent, they may have found one for Kypreos.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, isn't there an official in each box, and then 3-5 running the clock, etc inbetween boxes? Someone had to have heard what was actually said.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, isn't there an official in each box, and then 3-5 running the clock, etc inbetween boxes? Someone had to have heard what was actually said.

they tend to go helen keller in situations like this (also Bellows v Tootoo) when the league wants to protect (and wipe clean) its image

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I like the hawk chances for a comeback, there is so much loose change around the net with Elliot, and their record under Q is outstanding game 5 and 6, but this could be the year for the blues to pass the first round.

alot of questionable stuff, I hate the two righty two lefty D man matchups, Krueger is not an offensive center to put between Hossa and Teuvo, and if the Blues would have gotten the puck when Crawford went out fighting it would have counted right? Still watching ott jawing and cross checking Kane at the blue line going for a change like the at the net BS, thats hockey baby.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Soooo, what about the flipping of the birds? With gusto? For a prolonged period of time?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I like the hawk chances for a comeback, there is so much loose change around the net with Elliot, and their record under Q is outstanding game 5 and 6, but this could be the year for the blues to pass the first round.

alot of questionable stuff, I hate the two righty two lefty D man matchups, Krueger is not an offensive center to put between Hossa and Teuvo, and if the Blues would have gotten the puck when Crawford went out fighting it would have counted right? Still watching ott jawing and cross checking Kane at the blue line going for a change like the at the net BS, thats hockey baby.

The Hawks (outside of the whole overturned goal, and suspect reffing with calls like Crawford going at Fabri) have been remarkably unlucky this series. They're outshooting, outchancing, outplaying with consistency. The Blues still play with a pretty dated mindset because of Hitch. He wants them to outhit, not out shoot. The Hawks have owned play for a lot of the series, but what's hurt them seems to be defensive depth issues. And Vlad is ridiculous. They're not playing terribly, and I could easily see them forcing a game 7. If they get it to 7, the Blues will probably get stuck in their own heads again.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks (outside of the whole overturned goal, and suspect reffing with calls like Crawford going at Fabri) have been remarkably unlucky this series.

Maybe I'm watching a different series, but I think the Hawks have been extremely fortunate. They're a whisker of an offside call away from being swept in this series by the Blues. They've outshot the Blues, but I don't think they've generated all that many dangerous scoring chances. Elliott has played well and you can tell he's gotten into the Hawks heads as they're resorting to contacting him every chance they get in order to get him off his game. That all said, the Hawks are dangerous and the Blues should try to knock off the Hawks in game 5 because once the Hawks get rolling, they're tough to stop.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I work from home two days a week now and pop that on my TV in the afternoons. Kypreos is the absolute fucking worst. He's so goddamn smug about the things he says it's exhausting.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, has anyone seen Jonathan Toews lately, pretty soon we're gonna see his mug on a milk carton.