• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charks' PP

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things: I see a few shorties given up lately. Is there any pattern as far as who's on the ice? I also see Boyler is fairly useless in that role. What about having Burns move to the point? He can still play D, right? Rotate with Burns, Demers, Braun & Pickles on PP D. :noidea:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can't move burns to the point because pavelski won't have the space to operate plus the havoc burns causes down low generates a ton of turn overs and allows the sharks to maintain possession of the puck

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't move burns to the point because pavelski won't have the space to operate plus the havoc burns causes down low generates a ton of turn overs and allows the sharks to maintain possession of the puck

So, what about Boyle's liability? If not Burns, who?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think this is true at EV, but not as much on the PP. I actually like the idea of burnsie on the point on the PP. He has arguably the best shot on the team and was a PP anchor in minny on D. The sharks have plenty of good forwards who can play down low with size. patty and jumbo are both big, and pavelski may not be big, but he has excellent cycle skill. I would rather see burnsie back there with pavelski on the point and jumbo-patty-cooch down low. then a second unit can have demers and pickles with wingels, and maybe torres and nieto.

Whatever they do, they gotta get boyle off the #1 unit and switch something up. a short slump happens but when you are like 3-60 with 2 shorties, it's not a short slump, it's a systematic issue.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U guys may be right about Boyle slowing down, but I think we need to get back to basics.

The Sharks need NEW break outs entering the zone.

1- The sharks skate up the ice with either solid team speed and then the middle puck carrier drops off a blind drop pass and then its a soft dump in chase along the boards.

2- Puck carrier enters the zone with speed and then pulls up near the blue line and force tight spot passes.

I think teams have figured out how to defend the Sharks entering the zone, and when in the zone teams know how to defend and put pressure since everything goes through Thornton and the plays slow down.

I say we make the PP simple,

We need to stop with slowing down the game when working between the dots, either we play faster or we just have the points take shots and have the forwards look for rebounds.